You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 595596597598599 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:30pm
I believe the Moderna one took 2 days! I think they are all fairly confident that they can adapt to new strains 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:34pm
What Brazil does show is that in an environment where a low percentage of the population have been vaccinated, rampant spread of the virus is a terrible idea

And this rampant spread has occurred during what for most of Brazil are the summer months
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:38pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/03/brazil-covid-global-threat-new-more-lethal-variants-miguel-nicolelis?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR29gqAR4CflSP9S2LNxhCt97YeKI_V7U_u4jCJukCBnhvIx_BbseTnCEGw#Echobox=1614792042

Not good news from Brazil. 
Are they though? I thought it would only take scientists a few weeks to repurpose a vaccine for new variants. I must find the original article but a vaccine for covid only took a few weeks to develop. Obviously testing etc took longer.

Not sure what your question means.  

All I said was not good news from Brazil which is the case imo. More than 250k dead and the virus rampant.  All of that is pretty bad news imo. 

Edited by Baldrick - 03 Mar 2021 at 9:45pm
AKA pedantic kunt
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

What Brazil does show is that in an environment where a low percentage of the population have been vaccinated, rampant spread of the virus is a terrible idea

And this rampant spread has occurred during what for most of Brazil are the summer months
And its surely being helped along by people living in cramped conditions in the favelas. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:25pm
The US are confident they can have the population vaccinated 2 months quicker by May. Great news, as I think Biden will be very eager to put the US back on the world stage as a leader, and what better way than to ensure the poorer countries of the world are vaccinated quickly. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

The US are confident they can have the population vaccinated 2 months quicker by May. Great news, as I think Biden will be very eager to put the US back on the world stage as a leader, and what better way than to ensure the poorer countries of the world are vaccinated quickly. 
The Biden administration has persuaded Merck to manufacture the Johnson and Johnson vaccine

100% Trump would not have done this

Trump got vaccinated before Jan 20th and kept it secret - a measure of his vile, truly weaselly nature

Meanwhile Ron Johnson in Florida is making sure the rich get vaccinated and it's a case of f**k the poor, especially the blacks
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

The press release was they will have the ‘supply of vaccines’ for every American by end of May but they should be all done soon after. 

The J&J single does was the major reason for the increase. 

UK have started to give more 2nd doses now.
280k 1st does and 68k 2nd dose yesterday.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:42pm
Got my first dose yesterday. A mild headache today is the only side affect. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Got my first dose yesterday. A mild headache today is the only side affect. 
I had a bad headache this morning, have a milder one now, and I haven't been vaccinated

Baldrick also has a headache and I don't think he has been vaccinated either

I might log out and spare him
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:16pm
Half a million vaccinated now

Edited by Sham157 - 06 Mar 2021 at 3:17pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:45pm
Great stuff. So encouraging that covid amongst healthcare staff has died out since vaccination. Definitely having the feeling of 'nearly there'
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:09pm
Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 12:51pm
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/benefits-of-sport-far-outweigh-the-covid-risks-so-why-are-kids-still-not-playing-1.4503626?mode=amp

What are people's thoughts on allowing outdoor sports training to resume? It seems to be low risk given most analysis done so I would be for it. Hopefully there's a return to allow people to golf, play tennis etc. at the start of April also.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:08pm
once the kids are back in school  I would have no major objection to return of kids outdoor sports 
AKA pedantic kunt
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:19pm

once the kids are back in school  I would have no major objection to return of kids outdoor sports 
What about adults etc?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:31pm

What about adults etc?

Depending on what the experts say.  Issue with sport seems to be sharing of cars etc rather than sport itself. 
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 2:38pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/benefits-of-sport-far-outweigh-the-covid-risks-so-why-are-kids-still-not-playing-1.4503626?mode=amp

What are people's thoughts on allowing outdoor sports training to resume? It seems to be low risk given most analysis done so I would be for it. Hopefully there's a return to allow people to golf, play tennis etc. at the start of April also.
Would be absolutely buzzing if it were to happen. Won't though I'd imagine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 595596597598599 839>
  Share Topic