You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 577578579580581 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think it’s far too early to be saying anyone is doing a great job on this.  This is like reporting on a match and there is only 30 minutes gone.  They may lead 2-0 but they have switched to 2 at the back and a fly keeper.
No it’s like downing half a pint, or something. 

Are shandy's effective? Asking for a friend.  

Yes, as they look like a full pint. No one will know the difference certainly not covid

Good point. I presume it's the same principle for people who put a dash of blackcurrant in their vaccine, asking for BSM.

The NHS are saying it's fine but NPHET are advising under no circumstances let covid know you've a dash of purple in it. Just drink a full pint like any proper man would and there is nothing to worry about. With the L rate theory, we will be out of lockdown my Mid April. But snowflakes will ruin it for everyone. Is BSM a snowflake? 

Yes, yes he is. He spends his free time trying out different flavours of cordials in craft beers.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:52pm
When Britain re-opens in June, I think Ireland plans to have 37 people vaccinated.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:00pm
Boris's plan is herd immunity and whats another 40,000 people dead before June.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Will they? I hope they will, but it feels very optimistic and to go on dates, based on this hope and will anyway. It might work out, like the gamble with the vaccine, but I certainly wouldn't be optimistic.
It is very hard to shake the feeling that they want the NHS fail, while at the same time, with the help of compliant media propaganda, making themselves appear to have done everything they can.
I really hope this isn't going to be the case.
Approving the vaccine and the delayed first dose technique for roll out was a decision that was guided by science though

The lifting of restrictions gamble - and it is a gamble - is a purely political decision
There was still a huge gamble taken. As I have said, they have no problem gambling other people's lives. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

I’m in London this week and it’s noticeable how much busier Central London is. I was over in mid-January when it felt very quiet. The numbers on the trains and tubes have increased in the past month and more people seem to be going to their offices.

I’m impressed with what I’ve watched of the press briefing by Boris and Co this evening. It confirms that they consider the virus to be endemic - its here to stay and is another dose that needs to be managed. Also, the loosening of their restrictions isn’t tied to the R number, which becomes less important as the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated. This approach effectively rules out the idea of Zero Covid on these islands.

In some respects, the UK approach and the rapid rollout of their vaccine puts the pressure on the Irish Government to take a more considered approach and adopt less draconian restrictions. We live in hope!

londons transport system is dead. people who are going to work are not doing so in central london unless they are in non-office related workplace e.g. construction. virtually all office staff are still wfh.

this was oxford circus last night at 9pm. in normal times the 3rd busiest tube station in london and one of the busiest in the world.
Of course it was! Nothing was open. I would be more interested in seeing at eight in the morning.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Added cases and deaths to the dashboard, and share links for facebook, twitter, and email:

e.g. rolling seven day average of daily deaths in January-February

https://tetsujin1979.github.io/covid19dashboard?dataSelection=dailyDeaths&dateSelection=twoMonthView&graphType=rollingSevenDayAverage&displayType=graph&trendLine=true

Weekly total swabs from the last two months, displayed as a table instead of a graph

https://tetsujin1979.github.io/covid19dashboard?dataSelection=dailySwabs&dateSelection=lastTwoMonths&graphType=weeklyTotal&displayType=table&trendLine=true

That's good data and easily readable. Clap
Thanks, I think I'll add the vaccine data as well
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:40pm

I’m in London this week and it’s noticeable how much busier Central London is. I was over in mid-January when it felt very quiet. The numbers on the trains and tubes have increased in the past month and more people seem to be going to their offices.

I’m impressed with what I’ve watched of the press briefing by Boris and Co this evening. It confirms that they consider the virus to be endemic - its here to stay and is another dose that needs to be managed. Also, the loosening of their restrictions isn’t tied to the R number, which becomes less important as the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated. This approach effectively rules out the idea of Zero Covid on these islands.

In some respects, the UK approach and the rapid rollout of their vaccine puts the pressure on the Irish Government to take a more considered approach and adopt less draconian restrictions. We live in hope!

londons transport system is dead. people who are going to work are not doing so in central london unless they are in non-office related workplace e.g. construction. virtually all office staff are still wfh.

this was oxford circus last night at 9pm. in normal times the 3rd busiest tube station in london and one of the busiest in the world.

There's no debate that the tube is not anywhere near as busy as pre-Covid times, but it certainly appears to have got busier - much more so than during January and November.  I've been getting the Northern line in from Clapham between 8am and 9am and its standing space only, albeit not like this time a year ago. Similarly, its busy during the evening peak.  I can't speak for much of central London, but the office buildings around Waterloo and along the South Bank appear to have a steady footfall.

I would expect it to be quiet at 9pm at night given that there are no pubs, restaurants or theatres open.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:43pm
Lockdown continues to work

645 positive swabs, 4.66% positivity on 13,841 tests. - Tuesday, February 23rd 2021
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:45pm
Meanwhile that **** Ben Gilroy stands in Balbriggan with yet another cult victim, reciting junk "law"

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:11pm
Reading Denmark aiming to have the majority of its population vaccinated by the end of June. How can they possibly achieve that ? And as has been reported that all eu countries are getting the same pro rata number of vaccines and we are vaccinating as soon as doses arrive, why is our target been set as September at the earliest ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Reading Denmark aiming to have the majority of its population vaccinated by the end of June. How can they possibly achieve that ? And as has been reported that all eu countries are getting the same pro rata number of vaccines and we are vaccinating as soon as doses arrive, why is our target been set as September at the earliest ?

Do you really need to ask that question LOL

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:23pm
have to agree with colemany2k

I think it has got quieter even that pub in Heathrow where you can get a bite to eat is now shut , take outs who were open have closed as it’s not worth it with the footfall 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:28pm

Denmarks efficient rollout is down to years of investment in health system was the first headline that came up when i searched the reasons behind it.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Denmarks efficient rollout is down to years of investment in health system was the first headline that came up when i searched the reasons behind it.
But really if its pro rata they shouldn’t be that much quicker than us.
And we are being told as soon as the vaccine comes to Ireland it’s used .

The only place where we will lose time is when the first and second doses are being done at the same time so maybe it will just come down to man power 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

The only place where we will lose time is when the first and second doses are being done at the same time so maybe it will just come down to man power 

Article in one of the papers about it, they've been buying up spare vaccines that other country's aren't using. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Article in one of the papers about it, they've been buying up spare vaccines that other country's aren't using. 

Its speedy start was helped by using special needles to get bonus doses from vaccine vials, and choosing to administer all available doses instead of holding back supply for second shots.

It was also key that the country prepared early, buying freezers on the assumption that it would be administering the pricier Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, which require such storage. Other EU countries made preparations for a vaccine rollout anchored on the AstraZeneca vaccine, which is easier to store and cheaper. They were harder hit when AstraZeneca announced its vaccine deliveries to the EU would fall far short of initial targets.

For the same reasons, some EU countries chose not to buy all the Pfizer and Moderna doses they were offered under the EU vaccine purchase scheme. Other member states stepped in to buy up their unwanted vaccines.

The details are not public, but rough comparisons of announced orders with population size suggest that GreeceBelgiumPoland and Portugal did not take up all their Moderna vaccines, at least initially, while Germany and Denmark took up some unwanted doses. Denmark bought up as much as was possible, including extra doses, under the EU system, according to an official.

A highly organised and digitised healthcare system in Denmark is key. Aarhus University professor and virologist Soren Riis Paludan points out that on a typical day, Denmark tests 150,000 people for Covid-19. (For comparison, with a similar population size the Republic tested 105,400 people in the past week.)

A digital ID database that public authorities use to communicate with citizens about everything from pensions to daycare places will help the vaccination plan. It means authorities can sort citizens by age, and send out vaccination invitations directly to their mandatory digital inbox.

“In terms of infrastructure we are well prepared,” Prof Riis Paludan said. “The limiting factor is the availability of vaccines.”

In short the Danes are cute hoors.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:11pm

There's no debate that the tube is not anywhere near as busy as pre-Covid times, but it certainly appears to have got busier - much more so than during January and November.  I've been getting the Northern line in from Clapham between 8am and 9am and its standing space only, albeit not like this time a year ago. Similarly, its busy during the evening peak.  I can't speak for much of central London, but the office buildings around Waterloo and along the South Bank appear to have a steady footfall.

I would expect it to be quiet at 9pm at night given that there are no pubs, restaurants or theatres open.

Ridership numbers on the tube have significantly dropped since October. Figures are percentages of an equivalent day or week.

October 2020 - 36% 
November 2020 - 24% 
December 2020 - 28% 
January 2021 - 15% 
February 2021 - 17%*

*Up to 15th February
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:15pm

One thing I've laughed at during the Pandemic is people making remarks about places being absolutely rammed, mad tailbacks on the roads, pubs where you couldn't squeeze another sinner in before Xmas or towns busier than they ever were. 99% of the time I found it to be bullsh*t. I'm not getting at JohnSwift as he is right I'm sure in what he is saying and didn't do so in a sensationalist way but some people's exaggeration at the amounts of people and vehicles about were hilarious. The weekend gone by being a good example. Places are beginning to get a bit busier with the good weather but you'd swear on social media that there was some sort of zombie apocalypses in the parks or something! Before xmas I was told by someone what the amount of people falling out of the pubs and hanging out in big groups outside the hostelries of Dublin was a sight to be seen. I drove around one Saturday night at that time as I had to pick someone up, taking in some of the main drinking places and you would barely know the places were open and barely a sinner standing outside the places! Social Media I think has really brought out the hysterical side of people and the pandemic has amplified it! Again I'm not getting at the OP as it was a perfectly alright comment but it got me thinking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 577578579580581 839>
  Share Topic