You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 504505506507508 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:43pm
I see and hear there are still some of those smaller gyms that focus on personal training still open. What's the loophole there does anyone know?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

My mistake on the Brazil one guys, looks like it's evading the Chinese vaccine only. Sorry. I am super fearful about a mutation
Hulk you should read up on the MRNA vaccines, they're designed to adapt quickly to mutations, so if any mutation happens to resist the current vaccine, they can have a new one ready to go very quick. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You realise that there is a lag between cases to hospitalisations to deaths. As has been mentioned here already, were not even two weeks into the vacinne programme. Those who died this week likely contracted the virus before the first vaccine was administered here. 

The vaccine has been around for several weeks. 56 of today's deaths recorded, occurred in 2021.

It is almost certain that the people who died in today's numbers contracted the virus before the first person here got the vaccine.. that is before one also adds in that the vaccine has been given to a limited number of people such as health care workers and older people in hospital etc..  

Unfortunately there will be more deaths as the vaccine can only prevent death in those it is given to for the moment until the virus runs out of hosts.   

AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Planners has some seriously high standards for vaccines. LOL

Move the cranks aside and put Planners in charge!! 

LOL
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:28pm
Got my first dose of the vaccine yesterday, have to wait 3 weeks now til I get the 2nd dose. Its the only way out of this nightmare..... 
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Got my first dose of the vaccine yesterday, have to wait 3 weeks now til I get the 2nd dose. Its the only way out of this nightmare..... 

Yep agreed. 
Whacha gonna do
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You realise that there is a lag between cases to hospitalisations to deaths. As has been mentioned here already, were not even two weeks into the vacinne programme. Those who died this week likely contracted the virus before the first vaccine was administered here. 

The vaccine has been around for several weeks. 56 of today's deaths recorded, occurred in 2021.

It is almost certain that the people who died in today's numbers contracted the virus before the first person here got the vaccine.. that is before one also adds in that the vaccine has been given to a limited number of people such as health care workers and older people in hospital etc..  

Unfortunately there will be more deaths as the vaccine can only prevent death in those it is given to for the moment until the virus runs out of hosts.   

I wouldn’t bother Baldrick. Just go back and read his posts from when this all started if you are bored and want to scratch your head in bemusement. If that doesn’t convince you that you’re wasting your time you can hit up the US Politics thread afterwards. Should that also fail, I suggest standing in front of a mirror and looking very hard at yourself.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm

the people who are getting sick are people who haven’t had the vaccine Ffs.  How can you blame the vaccine.  

How many people have had the 2nd dose in Ireland.  Very few.  Once you reach a certain amount it will start to dip massively along with coming out of winter. 

When numbers went up people said it was proof masks don't work. People believe what they want to. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Planners has some seriously high standards for vaccines. LOL

Move the cranks aside and put Planners in charge!! 

This Planning fellow was calling it a bug for a very long time and utterly dismissive of lockdowns. He now, I kid you not, claims that we should have been behaving like New Zealand. The government wasn't doing enough apparently either.  

You sir, are a simpleton. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:57pm
is planning really Ewan 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:12pm

is planning really Ewan 😀😀
Qewan
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I think when the over 70s get done then we'll go out of restrictions. 

I doubt it.  They may lessen slightly that's about it. 
At the point when all vulnerable groups and HCW have been vaccinated id imagine that the financial implications of continued restrictions will come to prominence. By then NPHET will more or less have their job done and vaccination roll out will be priority. Eventually there'll come a time when covid will be another illnesses that cause death like cancer, heart disease, stroke and flu. Then we will be living with covid.

Not that easy. Cases will need to be very low before we open up or we’ll end up with a major spread. Also 17% of those in critical care in Israel received 1st dose of the vaccine and were waiting for their 2nd. It’s important not to open too quickly imo now that there’s an end in sight. Cases just too high.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:49pm
 https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/covid-vaccine-johnson-johnson-one-shot-safe-generates-immune-response.html

Great news. We will most likely come in well ahead of Donnelly projection of 2.2 vaccinations by end of June with this news
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/covid-vaccine-johnson-johnson-one-shot-safe-generates-immune-response.html

Great news. We will most likely come in well ahead of Donnelly projection of 2.2 vaccinations by end of June with this news
Lisbon in September looks a lot more promising if this and Oxford come on to the market in the next few weeks.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:03am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I see and hear there are still some of those smaller gyms that focus on personal training still open. What's the loophole there does anyone know?

Yeah heard a few loopholes about that one....but the main one being used is that the people getting the training (and I’ve heard of groups of over 10) are just saying that they are elite sportsmen/women but using boxing,judo and MMA as there sports..and are just training as normal and they aren’t even sportspeople,it’s just something to say to the Garda if they knock on the door.i also heard of a gym that has moved most of its equipment upstairs to their office areas and are open for a select few there.

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 14 Jan 2021 at 12:03am
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:44am

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I think when the over 70s get done then we'll go out of restrictions. 

I doubt it.  They may lessen slightly that's about it. 
At the point when all vulnerable groups and HCW have been vaccinated id imagine that the financial implications of continued restrictions will come to prominence. By then NPHET will more or less have their job done and vaccination roll out will be priority. Eventually there'll come a time when covid will be another illnesses that cause death like cancer, heart disease, stroke and flu. Then we will be living with covid.

Not that easy. Cases will need to be very low before we open up or we’ll end up with a major spread. Also 17% of those in critical care in Israel received 1st dose of the vaccine and were waiting for their 2nd. It’s important not to open too quickly imo now that there’s an end in sight. Cases just too high.

Interesting stat there
Pipkin regarding the first dose.  Backs up the importance of sticking with the science and not taking risks as was recommended by a poster here a week or so ago.  We must give the 2nd dose for Pfizer after 21 days and be led by the science. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:47am

Promising but I would wait until the stage 3 results before we get too excited by this one. 
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:08am
Steady progress in the north. 110k vaccinated. 20k with second dose. Steady progress.with limited vaccine supply

J and J expected to apply for EU approval in Feb

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 504505506507508 839>
  Share Topic