You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:11pm
some man Arthur Miller.   What a playwright.   Probably my favourite playwright 
AKA pedantic kunt
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

So would I take one but that doesn’t mean someone questioning a vaccine safety is a crack pot. 

Side effects post 60 days are almost non existent in any vaccine.  
What about the GlaxoSmithKline European swine flu vaccine? That was developed in the same haste as these vaccines. About half the school going population in Ireland received it but a few hundred developed narcolepsy. Liability for cause is denied but the state have started the process of settling claims so that speaks for itself.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:01pm

So would I take one but that doesn’t mean someone questioning a vaccine safety is a crack pot. 

What about the GlaxoSmithKline European swine flu vaccine? That was developed in the same haste as these vaccines. About half the school going population in Ireland received it but a few hundred developed narcolepsy. Liability for cause is denied but the state have started the process of settling claims so that speaks for itself.

When did they develop it was it within the first 60 days or not..   

By the way there are 509,000 school kids in Ireland. So that's 250k people got it 

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Nov 2020 at 9:05pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:01pm

Translation  - he’s the only playwright Baldrick has heard off 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Death of a Salesman for junior cert English and he got the leg over Marilyn Monroe Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOLLOL I did theatre  studies in college I will have you know dear. 

Enda Walsh is very good also.  

AKA pedantic kunt
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:15pm

By the way there are 509,000 school kids in Ireland. So that's 250k people got it 
Yes the side effects started within 60 days.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:20pm
well it looks like there has been minimal side affects and the vaccines won’t be rolled out until 60 days have passed.  
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:19am

at night time
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think there is a real level of COVID fatigue setting in.
If you eat porridge every day, you soon get sick of porridge. Same principle about the cranks telling us to wash your hands. Tell it once and people will pay attention. Tell it every day of the year, and people soon find something else to listen to.

The public are warned when the cases go up, when cases go down, and when they neither go up or down. Grown adults usually don't take kindly to lectures, and especially lectures from strangers. Eventually they stop listening, and the message gets lost. There isn't the same fear or sense of "iceberg, right ahead" feelings that there was during the spring. The virus is not fatal in most cases. 

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Video from Butlersbridge in Cavan earlier with hundreds lining the road as a cavalcade of cars pass slowly by that are presumably the team. Feck all distancing few enough masks.

They don't have to wear masks if they're outside, so it's no surprise to me if they're not worn outside. Therefore you certainly wouldn't see me wearing them outdoors in any circumstances. As soon as I'm outside, and free from the draconian ineffective regulations indoors, the visor is off and stays off until it must be worn again. 

I assume all the videos online are from town and city centres, because I haven't been in Central Dublin since we were dragged away from Level 2 by the cranks. I have been to local takeaways on weekend nights instead. With every other outlet shut by the cranks and their "15k cases by the end of March" panic merchants, the general area is as busy as it would be at c4am on an average Monday morning. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

at night time

Sure that would but the best narcolepsy ever so 😀😀😀 issue with it is when it happens during the day 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
On my comment on COVID fatigue, I'm not downplaying at all the seriousness of the situation. 
I was merely commenting on the fact that because of it, the lockdowns etc seem to be becoming less effective. That being the case, I do wonder what other things can be used a tool to drive numbers down. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 4:20pm
The UN asked all major countries to donate 0.7% of GDP to foreign aid - basically to stop children dying of hunger.

The UK put it into law a few years ago that they would contribute 0.7% every year.
Now with C19 they are broke and want to reduce this to 0.5%.
We won’t ever see the full impact but hundred of thousands will probably die because of this and more if other countries follow suit.

We’ll never know the full impact of C19 but the number of COVID deaths don’t tell the full story. 

the Uk gov is set to renege on its commitment to spending 0.7% of gross national income on foreign aid could not come at a worse time for the world’s poorest countries and people and for international cooperation more broadly (UK aid budget facing billions in cuts, 17 November). The World Bank estimates that the Covid-19 pandemic will push an extra 88-115 million people into extreme poverty this year alone, rolling back years of progress that UK aid has helped contribute to. While there is room for debate about the best way to set aid budgets, there are no grounds for breaking legal commitments or for turning our backs on countries and people at a time of great need.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 8:27pm
Has anyone seen any death statistics published lately? Haven't seen anything since the summer. Big jump today 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:09pm
Can you book 5 a side pitches under Level 3?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Has anyone seen any death statistics published lately? Haven't seen anything since the summer. Big jump today 
Vast majority held over since last month
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Can you book 5 a side pitches under Level 3?
Yes
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Vast majority held over since last month
Deaths announced at 6pm are up to midnight the night before. So the majority of deaths announced today (1st Dec) would be from previous month (30th Nov)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 839>
  Share Topic