You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:18pm
Well if its essential goods only then its pharmacy and grocery shops only like March and April.

I would be against any shops that are not essential being open because they encourage people to leave their house and when people leave their house they may bump into friends or neighbours and end up chatting, going for coffees and spreading the virus.  Its also causing people to mix with staff in shops for non essential reasons again providing an opportunity for the virus to spread.

This is not a lockdown so dont expect lockdown results in terms of drastically reducing the levels of covid like we attained in June.

I hear people complaining its not working. Yeah because its a very half assed lockdown if one at all.  People are behaving like normal.  

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:36pm
Cases have reduced though! 

Mixing outdoors is a lot safer then meeting up indoors. I don't get the problem with people mixing outside or people going to shops when they wear masks and clean their hands.

I'm getting fairly tired of people shifting goalposts or moaning for the sake of moaning. The general public are doing very well. You can't expect people to shut themselves off from the world entirely. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Cases have reduced though! 

Mixing outdoors is a lot safer then meeting up indoors. I don't get the problem with people mixing outside or people going to shops when they wear masks and clean their hands.

I'm getting fairly tired of people shifting goalposts or moaning for the sake of moaning. The general public are doing very well. You can't expect people to shut themselves off from the world entirely. 

Cases have reduced.  Sure they are still way too high to open up.

Yeah meeting outdoors is fine in one on ones but sure people are not doing that and then some. Look at the scenes in Cork and Dublin last night.  ''Ah sure I am just going for a takeaway pint.''  And then 100 people have the same great idea.  Fairly obvious with drink involved that's going to go tits up.

'Non essential trips'. Not sure what people don't understand about that.  That means not going down to Harvey Norman for a browse just because you are bored at home. 

Sorry but the people moaning are the ones that are going out breaking rules left, right and centre because they dont like the rules and then moaning more when they then have to make stricter rules because the same people didn't follow them int he first place.  ''Sure its big bad Tony Holohan's fault for bossing us around. Who does he think he is?''

People are too soft.  'I don't want to follow the rules because its hard so therefore I don't have to.  I'm entitled to have my few pints.'  

f**k sake. People are being asked to work from home, stay at home except for exercise and essential trips for 6 weeks and be responsible.  It's not that f**king hard!

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:40pm
That's a nice auld rant there TJ but show me the evidence that these things are driving up cases? 

What information are you basing your opinion on that people meeting outdoors are resulting in case increases?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I was in a shopping centre up North today and it was absolutely packed! Keeping it open for a week then closing for two weeks is shocking leadership, I would assume a lot are trying to get Christmas presents sorted due to the lockdown coming next week and feel forced to go this weekend.

Those b@stards!! But you being there is okay.

I wasn’t having a go at them.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:01pm
TJ, the government introduced the 6 week L5 restrictions on the back of advice of NPHET. The government never made any actual target numbers for the end of November. The target of 100 was set by NPHET. But listening to commentary today it would appear that NPHET are looking to extend L5 for an additional couple of weeks. Cases have dropped by up to 70% in the past 4 and a bit weeks. Progress has been made. Rightly or wrongly NPHET seem to have lost the confidence of some of the public, and some in government. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out this week. Personally, of greater concern to me is our plan for a roll out of a vaccine considering the comments of UVL last week. The fact that the vaccine task force have yet to formally met does not fill me with confidence.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:25pm

That's a nice auld rant there TJ but show me the evidence that these things are driving up cases? 

What information are you basing your opinion on that people meeting outdoors are resulting in case increases?

Where did I say meeting one person outdoors is driving up cases?  Meeting in big tight groups on the piss and shouting and acting the maggot is. 
Ok here's one.  Moycullen GAA club won some mickey mouse competition there during the summer /autumn.  They all ran onto the pitch hopping all over each other dancing and roaring.  There was a major spike in covid cases in Moycullen in the month after and became known as the Wuhan of Galway.

You watch Tipp and Cavan cases spike like hell now in about 3 weeks from now when they all party over the next few days. 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:29pm
Video from Butlersbridge in Cavan earlier with hundreds lining the road as a cavalcade of cars pass slowly by that are presumably the team. Feck all distancing few enough masks.

Edited by Sham157 - 22 Nov 2020 at 11:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

TJ, the government introduced the 6 week L5 restrictions on the back of advice of NPHET. The government never made any actual target numbers for the end of November. The target of 100 was set by NPHET. But listening to commentary today it would appear that NPHET are looking to extend L5 for an additional couple of weeks. Cases have dropped by up to 70% in the past 4 and a bit weeks. Progress has been made. Rightly or wrongly NPHET seem to have lost the confidence of some of the public, and some in government. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out this week. Personally, of greater concern to me is our plan for a roll out of a vaccine considering the comments of UVL last week. The fact that the vaccine task force have yet to formally met does not fill me with confidence.

Yeah the Government are f**kwits.  I have had criticisms of them all year.  They indeed should have set a target that people knew what they were aiming for.

NPHET are still doing the same job they were doing in March when they were being praised.  The only difference is people are getting tired of hearing the same message.

Like some fat lad who goes to the gym and the gym instructor says your BMI is 30 and you need to get it down.  Then the fat lad does a bit of work for a month and gets it down to 25.  Then decides he's worked hard enough so its time to tuck into the fast food .  He deserves it he tells himself.  Goes back to the gym a month later and yer man says your BMI is 30.  You need to work hard to get that down.  But now fat lad doesn't like the message.  He did a bit fo work a couple months back. That's enough effort for now he tells himself but still blames the gym instructor for him being fat.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:37pm
Speaking of Covid, decided to check in on The Fat Professor or whatever he calls himself.

Started reading the comments section below his video and this beaut came up.

''Its all about the ''vaccine' thats coming along. laced with 'Nano Micro Chips (AKA Dust) which will control your immune system controlled with 5G where females wont be able to give birth''. 

I literally laughed out loudLOL

Note :  I left the grammatical errors in as was typed by the original genius who wrote it.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Speaking of Covid, decided to check in on The Fat Professor or whatever he calls himself.

Started reading the comments section below his video and this beaut came up.

''Its all about the ''vaccine' thats coming along. laced with 'Nano Micro Chips (AKA Dust) which will control your immune system controlled with 5G where females wont be able to give birth''. 

I literally laughed out loudLOL

Note :  I left the grammatical errors in as was typed by the original genius who wrote it.

Matt Le Tissier reaching new depths of stupidty and was retweeting him yesterday.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:07am
Had a chat with a pal over the weekend about it all and the relief that there is a vaccine. He said he wouldn't go near it as he doesn't  know whats in it and it could affect you down the line. This is coming from a lad that has no problem buying Charlie from some bogey who probably has had it up his hole most of the day.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Had a chat with a pal over the weekend about it all and the relief that there is a vaccine. He said he wouldn't go near it as he doesn't  know whats in it and it could affect you down the line. This is coming from a lad that has no problem buying Charlie from some bogey who probably has had it up his hole most of the day.

There is a huge amount of people coming out with this nonsense, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the reason we don't have to deal with things like smallpox or mumps is thanks to vaccines. It's nearly a type of bandwagon that people are jumping on! 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:28am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

There is a huge amount of people coming out with this nonsense, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the reason we don't have to deal with things like smallpox or mumps is thanks to vaccines. It's nearly a type of bandwagon that people are jumping on! 

He also went travelling a couple of years ago and had to get a good few shots. Told him they were vaccines but he wasn't having any of it and was sticking to his guns cause a pal at work told him. Funny thing is his expert pal isn't a doctor but a forklift driver.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Where did I say meeting one person outdoors is driving up cases?  Meeting in big tight groups on the piss and shouting and acting the maggot is. 
Ok here's one.  Moycullen GAA club won some mickey mouse competition there during the summer /autumn.  They all ran onto the pitch hopping all over each other dancing and roaring.  There was a major spike in covid cases in Moycullen in the month after and became known as the Wuhan of Galway.

You watch Tipp and Cavan cases spike like hell now in about 3 weeks from now when they all party over the next few days. 

There are no spike in deaths though. The average number of deaths in total have not gone up compared to March and April when they were. 
I know there are other things like other long term affects which are not yet really understood and of course we cant go back to a full opening yet as you can't allow it to run rampant. But I do think with a living with covid approach we have taken then the most important thing to keep an eye on is that invisible line between we are coping vs. It is now getting uncontrollably out of hand we we need to take extra action. 
Deaths and hospital capacity are really the items against which to judge and from what I am seeing they are stable and dropping.  Yes they could be better but what cost? I think we only get them better with a full lockdown.

Personal responsibility is really our best weapon and for me, if a few young healthy people want to meet up outdoors then I think that's fine, try your best to keep distance, not shake hands and hug. But then also don't go up and visit your parents in the weeks after if you are going to be taking risks.
I've had to go up to my parents a couple of times during this lockdown and I wear a mask, stand down the other end of the room, dont touch anything and didn't stay long. 
That for me is living with covid.

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Nov 2020 at 9:34am
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:35am

He also went travelling a couple of years ago and had to get a good few shots. Told him they were vaccines but he wasn't having any of it and was sticking to his guns cause a pal at work told him. Funny thing is his expert pal isn't a doctor but a forklift driver.
Dr google and their youtube degrees at the finest there. Had a lad tell me much the same but I suppose its no surprise he think that Gemma Doherty clown talks sense too.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:44am

No disrespect to forklift drivers out there but this sounds like a few of them i know LOL 

Sitting up in their cabs spouting absolute shoite LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:48am
Feels like we've been having the same discussion on here for about 6 months at this stage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 839>
  Share Topic