You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 433434435436437 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Is there any need for NPHET to be on TV and their individuals on the news everyday? Are they not there to advise the Government who then make a decision based on NPHET advise and other socioeconomic factors? Surely just the figures on the news is enough with out seeing them interviewed everyday, their very much extended 15 minutes of fame is over.
Yeah I agree, they should have one spokesperson, and let them do the talking. Having a different one of them on each TV and radio show each day means 6/7 messages going out every day that often conflict each other 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:33pm
Watching RTE 6.1 news there.  The RTE News presenters were themselves one of the main headlines for a controversy of them breaking social distancing rules at a do last week.  The same presenters are reporting on themselves and had to publicly apologise on airLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 12:40pm
This RTE thing seems well overblown to me, certainly not a resigning offence for the well known presenters

If anybody can give an argument otherwise I'd be all ears

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

This RTE thing seems well overblown to me, certainly not a resigning offence for the well known presenters

If anybody can give an argument otherwise I'd be all ears

Don't think so either. More just the optics I guess given the issues around that golf event and then commenting on people out and about meeting on the streets etc.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:16pm
I thought town would he quiet tonight. The place was like New Years Eve. I seen a fair few fellas getting arrested all over the place. I'd say the government will either have to do away with take away pints or open the pubs to control it.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:50pm
what had you in there 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

what had you in there 
Boredom. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:43am
I brought the kids in to see the Christmas window at Arnott's at about 4.30 yesterday. Jervis Street car park and Henry/Mary Street was mobbed. The only places open were supermarkets so I just can't understand it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I thought town would he quiet tonight. The place was like New Years Eve. I seen a fair few fellas getting arrested all over the place. I'd say the government will either have to do away with take away pints or open the pubs to control it.

Was that Cork or Dublin?

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Was that Cork or Dublin?
Cork, the Gardai asked places to close around nine. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:46pm
Ok I saw the video.  Mental.  I can only imagine the scenes new years and xmas eve etc.

The death rate will surely skyrocket if this sh*t happens countrywide (which it will) over xmas/new year.

This lockdown isn't a lockdown at all.  I saw people walking in and out of Harvey Normans yesterday willy nilly.  I saw I estimate 15-20 customers inside their shop yesterday while I was queuing up for Dunnes

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:07pm

Ok I saw the video.  Mental.  I can only imagine the scenes new years and xmas eve etc.

The death rate will surely skyrocket if this sh*t happens countrywide (which it will) over xmas/new year.

This lockdown isn't a lockdown at all.  I saw people walking in and out of Harvey Normans yesterday willy nilly.  I saw I estimate 15-20 customers inside their shop yesterday while I was queuing up for Dunnes

Sure Harvey Norman's are allowed to open so what's the problem there ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Essential shops is it?

I'm not sure what is essential about having to buy a Panasonic 50'' LED during a pandemic Level 5.

Edited by Trap junior - 22 Nov 2020 at 7:39pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:03pm

Essential shops is it?

I'm not sure what is essential about having to buy a Panasonic 50'' LED during a pandemic Level 5.

They get an ok because they sell essential technology such as fridges and microwaves and sh*t 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:04pm
I was in a shopping centre up North today and it was absolutely packed! Keeping it open for a week then closing for two weeks is shocking leadership, I would assume a lot are trying to get Christmas presents sorted due to the lockdown coming next week and feel forced to go this weekend.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:08pm

Essential shops is it?

They get an ok because they sell essential technology such as fridges and microwaves and sh*t 

Well then everything is essential.  All the shops that were deemed non essential and shot during Lockdown I are now deemed essential.  I see office supply shops open, off licences, beauty salons, florists open.  Not sure how getting lip botox is essential.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I was in a shopping centre up North today and it was absolutely packed! Keeping it open for a week then closing for two weeks is shocking leadership, I would assume a lot are trying to get Christmas presents sorted due to the lockdown coming next week and feel forced to go this weekend.

Those b@stards!! But you being there is okay.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:08pm

Essential shops is it?

Well then everything is essential.  All the shops that were deemed non essential and shot during Lockdown I are now deemed essential.  I see office supply shops open, off licences, beauty salons, florists open.  Not sure how getting lip botox is essential.
What's your issue with people going to shops? Do you think people wearing masks in a shop to buy something is causing cases?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 433434435436437 839>
  Share Topic