You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Just to say they have 7 deputy PMs.  Hopefully she gets well soon 
She was Prime Minister until a few weeks ago
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Yeah I know. Was just point out the fact in case some one read somewhere else that a deputy pm was out and about that they have 7 deputy PMs 
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:41pm

Yeah I know. Was just point out the fact in case some one read somewhere else that a deputy pm was out and about that they have 7 deputy PMs 
The Belgian government seems to be a bit like the European Ryder Cup team with all the vice captains

Very important role - Jose-Maria Olazabal was key to the 2010 victory when he was asked to leave his role as a TV analyst and step in as a vice captain half an hour before the Saturday foursomes when there were six matches instead of the scheduled four due to a rain delay

Captain Colin Montgomerie said that Europe would not have won without Olly

Edited by sid waddell - 25 Oct 2020 at 11:42pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:03am
Cracker Sid LOL
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:06am

US Covid deaths by age January 2nd, 2020 to October 17, 2020

Total: 207,882

Under 1 year: 25
1-4 years: 15
5-14 years: 39
15-24 years: 383
25-34 years: 1,628
35-44 years: 4,206
45-54 years: 11,093
55-64 years: 25,525
65-74 years: 45,015
75-84 years: 55,089
85 years and over: 63,864

Those are very sobering numbers. Do you have the similar ones for Europe? 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

US Covid deaths by age January 2nd, 2020 to October 17, 2020

Total: 207,882

Under 1 year: 25
1-4 years: 15
5-14 years: 39
15-24 years: 383
25-34 years: 1,628
35-44 years: 4,206
45-54 years: 11,093
55-64 years: 25,525
65-74 years: 45,015
75-84 years: 55,089
85 years and over: 63,864

Those are very sobering numbers. Do you have the similar ones for Europe? 

I do not have them on me right now, I have a light though if you want one
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:12am
LampHandshake
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Cracker Sid LOL
I wonder does Monty get lucrative corporate speaking gigs in Belgium telling them how the captaincy structure of the European Ryder Cup team can teach Belgian politics about best practice governing techniques

Paul McGinley must have made millions at this stage telling our corporate leaders about how business can learn leadership techniques from sport

Similarly Nigel Owens has taught our best and brightest business brains so much about how workers' rights can be kept in check by exerting a detached, friendly yet authoritarian control

Edited by sid waddell - 26 Oct 2020 at 11:16am
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:35am
Do the US count deaths the same way we do here? Where even if covid isn't the cause of death it is still marked as the cause?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:43am
Interesting I caught a few mins of this morning on itv and there seems to be far more casual questioning of the lockdowns on mainstream media in the uk than there is on rte here.   

Now we know where that has led to over there but its interesting to observe the difference. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Do the US count deaths the same way we do here? Where even if covid isn't the cause of death it is still marked as the cause?
Covid not being the cause of death would be something like having a Covid cough and then being knocked down by a bus

I don't really get this thing about Covid supposedly not being the cause of death

It's an accelerant that ruthlessly seeks out weakness in the human body and causes death

Sweden I believe does not count any Covid deaths beyond a 28 day cut off as a Covid death - even though they are

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:49am

Interesting I caught a few mins of this morning on itv and there seems to be far more casual questioning of the lockdowns on mainstream media in the uk than there is on rte here.   

Now we know where that has led to over there but its interesting to observe the difference. 

Firstly, and most importantly, is everything alright? Because people normally need to be mentally unwell or going through the menopause to watch that!

The British media is an absolute sewer. There isn't one trustworthy source available over here and would question every little thing about it. I certainly wouldn't be upholding tabloid television as an example of anything!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:50am

Media makes all the difference

Brexit could not have happened without Murdoch and other right-wing crackpot media

Neither could Trump

We do not have our own versions of Brexit and Trump because we do not have Murdoch media

What we do have is an entirely self-confident fringe of demented lunatics who feast on the noxious crumbs thrown out by our mini-demagogues like Niall Boylan, David Quinn, Ciara Kelly, George Hook, Kevin Myers, Ian O'Doherty etc.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Firstly, and most importantly, is everything alright? Because people normally need to be mentally unwell or going through the menopause to watch that!

The British media is an absolute sewer. There isn't one trustworthy source available over here and would question every little thing about it. I certainly wouldn't be upholding tabloid television as an example of anything!

Well now that you mention it I do have a few hot flushes and feeling kinda dry 
The point I suppose is that the uk media is shocking but I think rte should probably help itself a bit more with a bit more journalism and less repeating of the press conferences George Lee style.   It's a balancing act.
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm
Maybe RTE should get somebody on to tell us why the US is doing a great job and why we should be like them

Not wanting mass death is sneering elitism now, say the billionaire right-wing think tank guys
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:19pm
I'd like to see RTE platform somebody who argues that we should drop all efforts against radical Islamists

Just to shake things up, upset the cosy consensus

Sure what's a few bomb and truck massacres

Death comes to all of us anyway

Those people who died at Nice in 2016 would all have died anyway, even if most would probably still be alive now if they hadn't been killed that night

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:21pm
Abolish the health service

Death comes to us all anyway

Healthcare is sneering elitism from the Islington set

f**k, my Mum just got a heart attack

Somebody get an ambulance! 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Well now that you mention it I do have a few hot flushes and feeling kinda dry 
The point I suppose is that the uk media is shocking but I think rte should probably help itself a bit more with a bit more journalism and less repeating of the press conferences George Lee style.   It's a balancing act.
There's no journalism on This Morning! The programme itself wouldn't claim that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 839>
  Share Topic