You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358359 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 9:32am
Quick question, has it been confirmed that if you get Covid 19 and recover that you are then immune? someone yesterday told me there could be a possibility you can get it again? If that's the case is a vaccine pointless??
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:14am
Large scale study in Iceland has shown immunity for up to 4 months (length of study so far) so positive news. Luke O'Neil spoke about it yesterday on newstalk 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Quick question, has it been confirmed that if you get Covid 19 and recover that you are then immune? someone yesterday told me there could be a possibility you can get it again? If that's the case is a vaccine pointless??

There has been known cases of people getting its again. The experts say this is expected but not the norm. What % is likely to get it again is unknown as further studies are required.

A vaccine will not be 100% effective anyway. But it significantly reduces the chances of you getting it.

It’s all a numbers game. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

UK bars and restaurants to close at 10pm to stop the spread.
Will people just go out earlier??

And table service only - I thought this was in place anyway. 

The idea seems to be to stop the spread in student towns. Most pubs, outwith city centres, have little trade at that time during the week anyway. It's paying lip service to the problem.

What the government here has done brilliantly at, with huge help from the gutter press, is putting the blame back on the public. At times of crisis people look to government for leadership and theirs was to ignore the law and tell everyone go back to spending money after previously ignoring the calls for an earlier and more thorough lockdown.
We now have the arguments against second lockdowns and yet very few are pointing out that it would not have been necessary if the first one was done in time and done properly. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:33am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:29am

Edited by RKeane - 22 Sep 2020 at 11:35am
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

There will be no vaccine, there has been at least 10,000 articles since the beginning claiming a breakthrough has been made only for it to amount to nothing.

The main question is in regards to lockdowns and restrictions is how long is too long? Some people might be happy to stay inside for the rest of their miserable life but others depend on football, concerts, pubs, restaurants etc.. 

Yeah I'm sure you live in the fast lane alright. Liam Gallagher envious of you with his boring life in comparison. 

Put on your tinfoil hat and join the other dunces on the streets protesting.    'Down with dem pedofiles'.  'No to vaxines'.

So your great plan is to re-open everything?  Come on expand on your thoughts.  Tell me more. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I see there's an obviously Kremlin backed senior HSE doctor rowing in on this now. He's having his signal boosted in the notorious Russian state media funded Irish Times. Or something...

Here is a very worthwhile interview with a tenured Professor of Medicine at  Stanford university. He holds a PhD in economics also and discusses everything from IFR to lockdown related deaths, to the polarized and politicized self-censorship of science, by the scientific community. Measured and rational conversation in the face of the mass hysteria we find ourselves in.

Ah, I can't believe you've soured on "The Fat Emperor" LOL

You see, when you use ridiculous phrases like "mass hysteria", you're only saying anything about your own mindset - not anybody else's

What current "draconian restrictions" do we have in Ireland, could you tell me?

And perhaps, instead of consistent link dumping with no context, you could explain some of your views in your own words - because you currently seem incapable of doing anything other than scouring the internet desperately looking for links which back up your own particularly dodgy confirmation bias

As well as that, you actually have no idea what my views are

As for your love for the Kremlin, it's been self evident for years

Denialist trolls like yourself who deny the utterly malign influence of Russia abroad are particularly sad cases

"You see reds under the bed" is not an argument - it's a vapid denialist cliche which only exposes your own lack of argument

You forgot to shout "DO UR OWN RESERCH" there by the way

Literally all I can hear here, is shrieking. You are the forum equivalent of Rachel Maddow meets Helen Lovejoy.

I have posted an interview with an NHS ICU Consultant, an interview with a tenured professor of Medicine at Harvard University (who also has a PHD in economics) and a dispationate breakdown of raw (government published) data by a biochems engineer with a background in complex problem solving and data analysis in big business and what do you do? You automatically dismiss the information and discussion and attack the source, rather than address any points of information contained within. It's safe to assume that you haven't watched a minute of anything I've posted above, because why would you? That's you M.O.... It doesn't run with your narrative, so your automatic reflex is to ignore. 

Your first resort Sid, is always to shout down dialogue, then ad hominen attacks, then finishing up with tarring everything and everyone you don't agree with as a 'Putin Troll', a conspiracy theorist or a fascist... which is ironic, because in many ways, your own personal brand of spectacularly un-self-aware, alt left (?), virtue signalling wokeism exhibits more similarities to fascism than any other poster on this forum.

Shouting down of discourse, refusal to engage with any differing point of view, no matter how slightly divergent from your own and kowtowing unquestioningly to government mandated message is right now more dangerous than at any point in the last 90 years. However, in your own personal crusade to win the "INTERNET", you're unwittingly contributing to all of these. Well done.

Bizarrely also, each of the pieces I've posted above actually carries an optimistic message about where we currently are with the virus, yet you jump straight in to yard dog attack mode. It must be awful living in such a pent up fit of rage :-/

Anyway I apologise for not being able to provide more context to the links I post because unlike you, I don't have 22.5 hours each day to devote to arguing with fellas on a football forum. The ICU consultant and professor of medicine are better qualified to provide that context anyway.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why is it only one HSE doctor  though? Is it because they are afraid to speak out? If so, why? 

We are so far down the line with this and so heavily invested politically, that anyone like Feeley who raises doubt is going to be the the head of the nail to the governments hammer. The government hav no choice now but to double-down on their current trajectory. 

There are doctors groups all over Europe and the US now raising concerns and writing open letters to government. Here's the latest such one I've seen, to the UK governement. 

BTW PM, what's the story with Professor Karol Sikora? You have reservations? Hadn't heard of him before now.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I agree, but I didn't want to be entirely dismissive. Medical opinion is never going to be 100% on anything and science is constantly changing. What we know now could be worthless by next week and there's always a chance that one expert is right and thousands are wrong, but it feels like there are doctors who like having their name in lights and plenty of people willing to put their name in lights as it suits their agenda.
The fact that Karol Sikora became one of the leading voices in this pandemic should be proof enough of that. 

I suppose its like the climate change scientists.  Do you believe the majority ie 99% or the 1% outliers?

A simple thought, from a simple mind.

Climate science has been around for decades. The pandemic is a dynamic, constantly evolving situation and the public health policy is not keeping up with this. Public health policy is still largely working off the woefully inaccurate Imperial College modelling by lockdown transgressing Neill Ferguson and the daily case numbers being produced from inappropriately used PCR testing.

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

There will be no vaccine, there has been at least 10,000 articles since the beginning claiming a breakthrough has been made only for it to amount to nothing.

The main question is in regards to lockdowns and restrictions is how long is too long? Some people might be happy to stay inside for the rest of their miserable life but others depend on football, concerts, pubs, restaurants etc.. 

Yeah I'm sure you live in the fast lane alright. Liam Gallagher envious of you with his boring life in comparison. 
Put on your tinfoil hat and join the other dunces on the streets protesting.    'Down with dem pedofiles'.  'No to vaxines'.

So your great plan is to re-open everything?  Come on expand on your thoughts.  Tell me more. 

It's obvious he's referring to football, concerts, pubs & restaurants as industries in terms of employment rather than individuals wanting to go out for a night.

If no vaccine can be found and you can get covid more than once then I think the government will have to look in reports on the collateral damage of opening up rather than keeping restrictions in place for possibly years. We know covid is real but do we alter our way of life for ever because of it?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:26pm
What is it with you and the name calling ? You are like a 14 year old. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:27pm
The main question is, how long is too long? People need enjoyment in their life’s. Football, concerts, pubs, restaurants etc
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:30pm

Edited by RKeane - 22 Sep 2020 at 12:30pm
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:33pm
Karl Sikora was an oncologist with a disastrous reputation in that field who has reinvented himself as an epidemiologist during this and became seen to be an expert in a field he has no knowledge at all.

I don't doubt there isn't medical consensus, but the majority of medical opinion seems to be in disagreement with what you have posted, some of which was from what seemed like untrustworthy sources, some with a bit more cachet.

I do think that shouting about  'alt-left'(what is this?), 'wokeism'(sic) and the like and suggesting it is similar to fascism is disingenuous, at best  and undermines your own argument. I get there are different views, but surely, as lay people, we have to go with what the majority of the experts think. The failure to follow those experts seems to have been the major f**k-up everywhere, particularly here in Britain, and not that we should have listened to the minority of experts who disagreed.  That's certainly how it seems now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:40pm
I watched a lot of your video H2H.  That chemical engineer states that this is not an unusual pandemic when compared to other epidemics and it's following the same trends.  He talked about a 2nd hump and predicted that this was where there was 'dry tinder' that the 1st wave hadn't hit yet.  Then he goes onto say that we already have herd immunity and that the virus is dying and that this is no surprise to him. This is why we haven't had deaths he claims.   Then he contradicts himself and says that maybe the winter will be bad because we closed down and protected people instead of exposing them.  So which is it?  Either the population has herd immunity or it doesn't. 

He has guests on who claim they cured their own heart disease etc by eating Kale.  The guy in question said that when he was diagnosed he spent a week throwing himself into research papers and came up with the cure.  Hmm.

I could find anti climate change articles on climate change supported by scientists.  They are in the vast minority.  The 1950s had doctors endorsing cigarettes.

I'd be sceptical of a lad calling himself 'The Fat Emporer' selling books and seminars. He has no medical qualifications whatsoever. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

What is it with you and the name calling ? You are like a 14 year old. 

Anyone spreading dangerous crap online deserves no respect.  They are scum as far as I'm concerned.  There are so many impressionable people that read these theories and accept them as truth and putting peoples lives at risk.  f**k them.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:20pm

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Listening to this eejit Niamh Horan on Claire Byrne.  Fook right off.

Should she be cancelled?

Credibility down the toilet.  Lets get some experts in the field and 'for balance' lets get some fool with no background in medicine to tell the country that opening up the country is the way forward. His opinion is as valid as the experts.  He carries a PhD in virology from the University of Life.

At least get some 1% crackpot doc on to argue opening up the country to be destroyed in an argument in front of the national audience.

Next week Claire Byrne will be debating 'Is the Earth round?'
Her guests include from beyond the grave via Skype, physicist Stephen Hawking, Astronaut Buzz Aldrin joins me in studio and for balance some lad who reads conspiracy theories on the internet and is a member of the Flat Earth Society of Ireland who believes the earth is a hologram run by zionists from a cockpit made out of Toblerone.  We should be up for good reasoned debate so make sure to join us on Claire Byrne Live Monday at 10.30pm RTE 1.

LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358359 839>
  Share Topic