You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 4:52pm
good thread on twitter from prof Philip Nolan.  

Essentially the process is forward looking and looks to see who a case has infected over the last 48 hours rather than where they picked it up maybe 5 days ago.  

In Dublin one in three cases are community transmission which includes bars and restaurants and gyms etc.  

Disaster for the pub owners and restaurants but unfortunately are health system is not where you would want it be so we need to be harsher in our lockdown than others is the reality otherwise it risks a repeat of what happened in Italy in Feb/March.  

Disaster for those business owners and employees this weekend and Beyond.  However a lockdown in Kildare worked and let’s hope it works in Dublin. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 10:40pm
”are health system”

Unforgivable by your standards Baldrick 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 10:49pm
shocking McG I agree esp because are kid Noel Gallagher has become a mentaller.  😀

Mea culpa. 

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Sep 2020 at 10:50pm
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:50am
Thinking about the numbers per 100,000 of the population. I see blanch is the worst with 180 followed by my own Tallaght central followed by south inner city.
But these are all also have a way more condensed population compared to other areas in Dublin and for sure also the rest of the country.

Edit: sorry I see they do base it on the population per area

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Sep 2020 at 5:14pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

[Have a look whats happening around Europe. 

Looking around Europe, they're all wearing masks and they're still getting the virus. And some of them are dying. After being instructed to wear them to stop the virus. 

If you look whats happening in Ireland, nobody wore them until they were forced to, because they recognise that they are useless outside a limited work related environment. Now they are forced to wear them in schools, and cases are happening everywhere. I can only imagine the amount of bullying going on. "My mask is nicer/prettier/bigger/better than yours haha", tearing them off one another outside the classroom. People will say it doesn't happen, but the reality is bullying happens in schools. Then there's the physical challenges for those with asthma, breathing or sight issues. I find wearing them for a few minutes a day problematic, I don't know how people are supposed to cope with wearing them for hour after hour after hour, because it's official policy. 

The new rules imposed in Dublin, are confirmation that making them compulsory has not worked, and has been a waste of time. Apparantly, 50,000 jobs are now on the line, over a minute number of deaths per day. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
It’s always reassuring to be on the opposite side of a debate to Planning 
El Puto Amo
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Looking around Europe, they're all wearing masks and they're still getting the virus. And some of them are dying. After being instructed to wear them to stop the virus. 

If you look whats happening in Ireland, nobody wore them until they were forced to, because they recognise that they are useless outside a limited work related environment. Now they are forced to wear them in schools, and cases are happening everywhere. I can only imagine the amount of bullying going on. "My mask is nicer/prettier/bigger/better than yours haha", tearing them off one another outside the classroom. People will say it doesn't happen, but the reality is bullying happens in schools. Then there's the physical challenges for those with asthma, breathing or sight issues. I find wearing them for a few minutes a day problematic, I don't know how people are supposed to cope with wearing them for hour after hour after hour, because it's official policy. 

The new rules imposed in Dublin, are confirmation that making them compulsory has not worked, and has been a waste of time. Apparantly, 50,000 jobs are now on the line, over a minute number of deaths per day. 
Did you get bullied at school this week because of your mask? Speak with the teacher and ask for help and support. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Did you get bullied at school this week because of your mask? Speak with the teacher and ask for help and support. 
More likely bc of that tinfoil hat he's been wearing. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 5:02pm
A tinfoil hat is as useful as the crap we have to wear instead. 

I'm sure some of the 50,000 people about to be out of work, will send letters of thanks to the cranks, for being on the opposite side of the debate to me. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:20pm
The only cranks are the anti mask and pub owners who fail to see we have a national emergency and a few pints of Guinness is not going to take priority over people's lives and the capacity of the ICU units.  If they go bust so be it. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:05pm
National emergency my hole.

From speaking to friends and family who work in hospitals I am being told they are like ghost towns. Im curious where this lethal pandemic actually happening. 

Also, you would have to ask yourself if the governments sole interest is the safety of our people why is closing the schools not on level 1,2,3,4 or 5 of this current roadmap that they have completely winged like the rest of it ? So the teeshock comes on tv every few weeks with his power speech about the threat to our civilisation yet no matter how bad it gets, the schools are staying open?

Last winter there were 44 deaths by common flu in Ireland. Will there be a big difference from this number to the COVID ones this winter? There were around 70 suicides in the west of Ireland alone in August this year . In the same time how many died from COVID? 

I’m not saying this virus doesn’t exist. It does but so do many other threats to life in society, some of which are more lethal. Enough of the f**king hyperbole. 

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

From speaking to friends and family who work in hospitals I am being told they are like ghost towns. Im curious where this lethal pandemic actually happening. 

Also, you would have to ask yourself if the governments sole interest is the safety of our people why is closing the schools not on level 1,2,3,4 or 5 of this current roadmap that they have completely winged like the rest of it ? So the teeshock comes on tv every few weeks with his power speech about the threat to our civilisation yet no matter how bad it gets, the schools are staying open?

Last winter there were 44 deaths by common flu in Ireland. Will there be a big difference from this number to the COVID ones this winter? There were around 70 suicides in the west of Ireland alone in August this year . In the same time how many died from COVID? 

I’m not saying this virus doesn’t exist. It does but so do many other threats to life in society, some of which are more lethal. Enough of the f**king hyperbole. 

Ffs stop equivocating everyday societal issues such as suicide and the winter flu with a global pandemic. Do you not realize how easily this contagion can spread? 

You're asking where this lethal pandemic is happening?!  You do realise that the guts of 2,000 people have died from it already in Ireland and it's all over the world. 

As much as I disagree with the government's approach, you seem to be assuming bad faith on their part by not closing the schools. They might even be 'winging it' as you say but I think any Irish government regardless of party would be acting in a similar way with the recommendations from NPHET. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:11pm
Where are you getting the 70 suicides in August in the west figure from? A number of such figures were floating around Facebook/Twitter and were proven to be false.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:08pm
There’s no denying there’s a virus doing the rounds and it’s bloody awful that some are losing their friends and family. 
All I am saying is terms like “national emergency“ are scaring the life out of people and creating more hysteria. 

Thousands are losing their livelihoods and bullsh*t phrases people are hearing and relaying from the media are feeding it. Enough of the hyperbole please, the world continues to turn. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:12pm

There’s no denying there’s a virus doing the rounds and it’s bloody awful that some are losing their friends and family. 
All I am saying is terms like “national emergency“ are scaring the life out of people and creating more hysteria. 

Thousands are losing their livelihoods and bullsh*t phrases people are hearing and relaying from the media are feeding it. Enough of the hyperbole please, the world continues to turn. 

Of course its a national emergency.  It's also a global emergency.  Why do you think the capital city is now quarantined from the rest of the country? For a laugh?Confused

And you are talking about hyperbole yet spout bullsh*t internet rumours about suicide rates which aren't true.  The people coming out with this stuff are the ones trying to whip up hysteria to further their own selfish aims and in reality don;t give a toss about the people they claim to be championing,

Where is your source for these suicides?  Some anti masker lad on facebook I presume.

Edited by Trap junior - 19 Sep 2020 at 11:17pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:14pm

And spreading unsubstantiated 'facts' about suicides also scares the life out of people and creates hysteria.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:17pm

Great post, and absolutely spot on.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:21pm
Its funny the people going on about suicides because the country is not being allowed to run as normal are more than likely the people who are anti mask and anti vax clowns which helps kill off a few more people.  Imagine the country was fully back to normal ffs. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 839>
  Share Topic