You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It wasn't just 1 interview was it, it was more like 5 consecutive ones. 

It got so embarrassingly bad Corbyn had to personally intervene and ask her to step away from the cameras.

And the sad thing is she's still in the news right now for outrageous comments, comparing the mass law breaking Xtinction Rebellion to the suffragettes, what a stupid comparison. 

She probably is a good MP, has good traits but when it comes to speaking to the cameras, she's an absolute disaster and you can't blame race for that.

The people who cry wolf racism just because they're bad at their job are as just as bad as the filth, and it's extremely unhelpful when we already live in a racist country and trying to fight it!

5? Really. Can you find them for me? Thanks in advance, as I only remember one, at a push two, incidents that were blown completely out of proportion, certainly in comparison to other errors. Or do you mean five consecutive ones where they kept haranguing and harassing her for one mistake, in a manner they didn't do to anybody else who have made similar errors, or indeed did and said far worse?

You do realise that the suffragettes regularly broke the law? I personally disagree with how XR go about things, but I think we all need to understand what they are trying to do and, much more importantly, why. 

This isn't 'cry wolf racism', whatever the f**k that is, or do I know what the cops have to with it, in this instance.  There is no doubt that she receives more abuse because she is Black and a woman in politics. It is ignorant to think otherwise. 

This was a reasonable take on it I remember reading in the NS, at the time I was a subscriber, by a reasonable journalist.

Edited by pre Madonna - 17 Sep 2020 at 6:56pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:06pm
It's not racist man. It's political point scoring, the Tories are a nasty lot who pick on anyone with a background which is unusual to theirs... Look at what happened with Mharhi Black when they teased her with her background, it's not racist it's just political point scoring from a bunch of pompous smug twats. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:18pm

It's not racist man. It's political point scoring, the Tories are a nasty lot who pick on anyone with a background which is unusual to theirs... Look at what happened with Mharhi Black when they teased her with her background, it's not racist it's just political point scoring from a bunch of pompous smug twats. 
I wasn't even talking about the Tory themselves, but the(ir) media. Regardless, it is political point scoring based on her sex and background and not on anything else.  You can dress it up anyway you like, pretend it isn't if it makes you feel better about the world, but it is racist and sexist.

Likewise, Black took an awful lot of misogynistic and homophobic abuse because she had the gall to stand up for people too. It certainly wasn't 'teasing' what she received. I don't remember forthright male SNP MPs receiving similar; why do you think that is?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Likewise, Black took an awful lot of misogynistic and homophobic abuse because she had the gall to stand up for people too. It certainly wasn't 'teasing' what she received. I don't remember forthright male SNP MPs receiving similar; why do you think that is?

Black took stick because her old Twitter tweets was brought up with content of drinking white cider in parks etc, in other words, your typical chav, to me it's just normal teenager things in a working class society, just like myself and exactly what I did, but because she's from a working class background she's an easy target for them.

It certainly wasn't sexist, homophobic, she's simply looked down upon because of her background.

Why is everything regarded racist, homophobic or sexist regardless of the context? I'm kinda done participating in this before anything Pro-Russian comes up. 

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2020 at 7:26pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:27pm

Are you on the wind up? Of course it’s f**king racist, you’re an idiot if you believe otherwise.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:31pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Black took stick because her old Twitter tweets was brought up with content of drinking white cider in parks etc, in other words, your typical chav, to me it's just normal teenager things in a working class society, just like myself and exactly what I did, but because she's from a working class background she's an easy target for them.

It certainly wasn't sexist, homophobic, she's simply looked down upon because of her background.

Why is everything regarded racist, homophobic or sexist regardless of the context? I'm kinda done participating in this before anything Pro-Russian comes up. 
The sexist and homophobic 'stick' she took as a result of that wasn't sexist or homophobic? I would say the context of sexist and homophobic abuse is sexist and homophobic.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Are you on the wind up? Of course it’s f**king racist, you’re an idiot if you believe otherwise.

The cartoon points towards her diabetes hence the quote in the cartoon "I'm far too ill to attend that"

Still a low move all the same, but it's not racist. I think all 408 replies the tweet got would agree with it was mocking her health issues rather than race. So I'm not definitely the idiot in this conversation.

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2020 at 7:40pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:39pm
is Byrne banned?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:03pm

And the sad thing is she's still in the news right now for outrageous comments, comparing the mass law breaking Xtinction Rebellion to the suffragettes, what a stupid comparison. 

Em, you do realise the Suffragettes were "mass law breakers", right? LOL

Fooking hell

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:05pm
Coyne's refusal to believe that mass hatred directed at an unapologetic black woman in politics could be motivated by racism and misogyny is entirely predictable
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Coyne's refusal to believe that mass hatred directed at an unapologetic black woman in politics could be motivated by racism and misogyny is entirely predictable

She is a moron. She is not intelligent. It has nothing to do with race. If you are black or white and are stupid then you are still stupid. She's up there with Danny Healy Rae.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

She is a moron. She is not intelligent. It has nothing to do with race. If you are black or white and are stupid then you are still stupid. She's up there with Danny Healy Rae.
Mod edit: stop labelling people as racist because you don’t agree with their opinion. You’re at it constantly. Enough is enough or you can head back to boards full time.

Edited by Sham157 - 17 Sep 2020 at 9:02pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:03pm

Don't entertain them. People who falsely scream racism aren't worth the calories it takes to type it up.

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2020 at 9:05pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:04pm
f**king hell now they closing indoor dining Angry
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:05pm

Nothing to do with race? So all the vile abuse she gets has nothing to do with the colour of her skin? Nothing whatsoever? F**k off.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

f**king hell now they closing indoor dining Angry

Again, it’s just a recommendation from NPHET. It’s not certain yet.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:20pm
Over 50 of the hospitalisations are in Dublin. 7 day average across many of the regions in the city seem huge. Think this is the correct call. Worked in the LOK counties.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nothing to do with race? So all the vile abuse she gets has nothing to do with the colour of her skin? Nothing whatsoever? F**k off.
Jackal is at this all the time. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 839>
  Share Topic