You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/coronavirus-new-zealand-marks-100-days-without-domestic-case/ar-BB17Kz94?li=BBr5KbJ

How a lockdown should have been managed

Could they have managed that with a fifth of their island being in a different jurisdiction? I don't buy the narrating that the government has handled things well but it's not a like for like comparison, they're far more isolated than we are.

You may as well compare us to Fiji. 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:25pm

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/coronavirus-new-zealand-marks-100-days-without-domestic-case/ar-BB17Kz94?li=BBr5KbJ

Could they have managed that with a fifth of their island being in a different jurisdiction? I don't buy the narrating that the government has handled things well but it's not a like for like comparison, they're far more isolated than we are.

As we are part of the EU, can we even stop other EU citizens from coming here, if we wanted to?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

As we are part of the EU, can we even stop other EU citizens from coming here, if we wanted to?
No, but they'd have to SI for 14 days if not on Green List...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Yes, Denmark shut down their borders 

The problem is that we share a land border with the UK and that border will never be closed by us for obvious reasons
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 8:23pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:36am
All this talk of people coming in to Ireland from the UK,  I've seen people I know heading home for the weekend which is really annoying.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:33am
I was in Battersea park and Clapham Common over the weekend.
For a sunny weekend it was fairly quiet compared to normal.

Where is everybody going?
The beaches in the UK? Ireland?   They are definitely going somewhere. 

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I was in Battersea park and Clapham Common over the weekend.
For a sunny weekend it was fairly quiet compared to normal.

Where is everybody going?
The beaches in the UK? Ireland?   They are definitely going somewhere. 

I was over in the lake district on Saturday and it was exceptionally busy, even for the time of year and good weather. 

Trekking with groups of friends has always been popular and it seems to have a new younger audience with people in their 20s and 30s.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:57am
I live next to Newcastle racecourse and there are social distancing gigs starting tomorrow night and it'll be interesting to see how how much demand there is for it. It's 2500 people on platforms of up to 5 people who must drive to the venue in the same car. It could be carnage or could be the future until covid-19 is under control. 

I've no interest in going myself but can sit in my back garden and listen to Sam Fender, two door cinema club, supergrass, maximo park and a load more including a few comedians for the next month.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:22pm
See Finland now has a green list of 25 countries including Ireland. There criteria is 8 cases or under per 100,000 over the past fortnight. According to NPHET, we have 18 cases per 100,000 over the past fortnight. Surprised we made the Finnish green list.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:33pm
Game on LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:35am
Another day of zero deaths, that's all that matters. This sh*t about cases per 100,000 is not a barometer in any matter/scenario. Furthermore, it certainly should not be used when comparing to other countries except to counties with similar urban and rural population/density. Luxembourg is 80 odd per 100,000 with a population of 600k yet some gobsh*te on the radio this morning trying to compare us to Luxembourg Confused 

when this is all over there will be a tribunal on the deaths in old folks homes and some sort of enquiry into confusion/lack of factual detail released to the public during the pandemic. 

Edited by Yiksheemash - 11 Aug 2020 at 9:36am
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:55am
Aukland in lockdown after 1st case announced in 102 days
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:07am
Putin claiming Russia has a vaccine!! 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Is it not the first community transmission case? Fairly sure they've had cases from travel.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Is it not the first community transmission case? Fairly sure they've had cases from travel.

Yes sorry I wasn't very clear Embarrassed
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Let the conspiracy theories begin! CoolLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Let the conspiracy theories begin! CoolLOL
Sid will have a field year LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 839>
  Share Topic