You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 839>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:01am
question must be asked why was the cluster only released now in terms of numbers when the factory was shut down last friday and cases were confirmed for the workers earlier in the week but they waited till Thursday to release them to the public. its simply a false spike in numbers.

its's as simple of this, Mehole doesn't have the balls to bring us into phase 4 nor open the pubs. he is too conservative with making decisions. 

open up the country and we will manage it on a day by day basis and the minute there is the slightest bit of stress on our Health facilities then immediately put the breaks on. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Deaths by month in Ireland:
April - 1157
May - 418
June - 86
July - 32

Since we're got a handle on the old folks home it's been very good numbers. I think they will keep the pubs closed to protect the schools, they can't risk them not reopening.

This, along with the low hospital numbers, suggests this strain is weaker than initial strain.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:31am
I'm pretty sure its the same strain? 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

I think he means it will mutate over time but that doesn’t necessarily mean the effects will be any different. 

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Personally i hope the pubs remain closed for now. More important things. I'd like a mad night out as much as anyone but look around in all countries. Whats the first thing to be shut down once an outbreak occurs? Nightlife. We all know what pubs will be like when people get drunk. Lets not kid ourselves.

See that's the problem. A mad night out. If pubs open it shouldn't be considered a free for all. Proper social distancing and sticking to the guidelines. Throw anyone out who isn't keeping to this if needs be.
Exactly. We were told me needed to flatten the curve so not to overload the hospitals which we have done. Any business that can maintain social distancing should be able to re-open at this stage. Keep the pubs seating only and get rid of this stupid food & 105 minutes.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:01am
Can't understand how they're only letting 200 at the club gaa games in open space but will let 500 into a Penneys shop. Makes no sense. Same with only allowing pubs serving food open. 

Like was said above, if you can maintain the social distance you should be allowed reopen / let as many as can be managed in
Some people just deserve a slap
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:39am

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The pubs are already open. It's gone back to normal. Every local pub I know is charging people nine euro entry and is giving two pints instead of food. Some pubs are giving out finger food. I know of one that is handing out empty pizza boxes as you walk in the door.
What part of the country are you in ?
Cork. 
That empty Pizza Box story in Coughlans was a social media wind up Jackal.
Fair enough but you know yourself, no local pub is enforcing these rules.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:46am

The pubs are already open. It's gone back to normal. Every local pub I know is charging people nine euro entry and is giving two pints instead of food. Some pubs are giving out finger food. I know of one that is handing out empty pizza boxes as you walk in the door.
What part of the country are you in ?
Cork. 
That empty Pizza Box story in Coughlans was a social media wind up Jackal.
Fair enough but you know yourself, no local pub is enforcing these rules.
FA Cup Final tomorrow evening could be a challenge for pubs to maintain some sort of social distancing discipline.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:47am
Had there been an outbreak or any cases linked to a pub or restaurant yet?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:57am

FA Cup Final tomorrow evening could be a challenge for pubs to maintain some sort of social distancing discipline.
Hardly, it's not 1972

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

I think he means it will mutate over time but that doesn’t necessarily mean the effects will be any different. 

Ye exactly. Fingers crossed it is but no hard evidence or anything - just a thought.

I agree with opening all pubs Monday week but they should be continually monitored for social distancing rules (not 105 mins or food). The patrons have to take personal responsibility though; these are different times and people don’t feel safe in general and that should be respected as well for all sides - keep pubs open, customers will return and livelihoods are saved. Days of jumping up and down when a team scores should be over for the time being. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Had there been an outbreak or any cases linked to a pub or restaurant yet?

You can be sure we’ll all know about it when it hits a pub! So my guess is no
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 1:28pm
Stunning presser here in England with the Chief Medical bloke taking digs at Boris right in his face.

I think reality has hit home for Boris that the 2nd wave isn't coming..... It's already here.

I know a few people who have tested positive for a 2nd time meaning the 2nd strain is already well into circulation in society here.

The Chief Medical bloke knows it too and he knows what Boris is doing is madness, could be lockdown 2.0 not so far into the future.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 2:16pm
The ENGLAND is still going through the 1st wave.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The ENGLAND is still going through the 1st wave.

Oh wise up. No it’s not, there’s more testing here. There’s more testing in regions of England than the entirety of the island of Ireland. There is going to be more cases with more testing. However, no drastic rise in deaths.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:59pm
Testing, what's that?
I got "tested" in April and never got my result back LOL

No drastic rise in deaths because the main demographic of the new wave is 15-44. But this 2nd strain is still getting into the care sector despite all the apologies and promises.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Hardly, it's not 1972

More's the pity..Clarke, One Nil..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Testing, what's that?
I got "tested" in April and never got my result back LOL

No drastic rise in deaths because the main demographic of the new wave is 15-44. But this 2nd strain is still getting into the care sector despite all the apologies and promises.

Isn’t that who we want to catch the virus? Let’s see how many die in that age category. The young and fit of society should continue with their life. I’ve been test multiple times due to work, got my results back within 72 hours each time. When you test more, you get more positive tests. When this intially came in there was barely any testing now there’s over 100,000 cases are going to go up from ‘first wave’ 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 839>
  Share Topic