You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest kip of a city we have played in .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Poll Question: Biggest Kip?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [33.33%]
14 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:16am
Keep it going Coyner Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:32am
Albufeira is a kip. We rented a boat there last year to go on a fishing trip and ended up doing drug running over and back from Africa.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Albufeira is a kip. We rented a boat there last year to go on a fishing trip and ended up doing drug running over and back from Africa.
At least you weren't sent all the way to Peru. WinkLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Voted for Cardiff but would have voted for Gelsenkirchen if the option had been there.  As others have said, basically an ugly industrial dump of a city.  It's no Munich or Cologne, that's for sure.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:44am
I wasn't there for when we actually played there but stopped over on the way to Tbilisi, surprised nobody has mentioned Warsaw. An awful soulless seedy kip of a place. You can get hammered there for cheap, but you can do that in a whole lot of nicer places

The coup de grace on my time in Warsaw was upon boarding the flight to Tbilisi an oul lad from Waterford got sick on my shoes.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 22 Jan 2020 at 11:45am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I wasn't there for when we actually played there but stopped over on the way to Tbilisi, surprised nobody has mentioned Warsaw. An awful soulless seedy kip of a place. You can get hammered there for cheap, but you can do that in a whole lot of nicer places

The coup de grace on my time in Warsaw was upon boarding the flight to Tbilisi an oul lad from Waterford got sick on my shoes.
Wasn't fussed on Warsaw at all - the old town and the area round the castle were nice enough.  Otherwise it was a big sprawling ugly communist-era kip. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

"Holiday virgins" LOL

Sure makes you think of someone Heart

is it a virgin on holiday or a person on their first holiday:)
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I’m not angry at all! 

Every f**ker there was actually a dealer to the point the very first bar I went in I asked for a Vodka and Coke (not cola as I was apparently meant to) and I was served with a straight Vodka and a gram of coke LOL

This is when I knew the place was a kip LOL

LOL

Get the f**k out of here, I'm calling bullsh*t on that.

Been quite a few times and I very much doubt the bar staff were dealing coke, like any holiday destination though if you are looking drugs you will find it.

"nearly everyone there is a dealer" come on to f*ck man.

Get yerself to Ibiza or Magaluf and you'll find the bar staff on the main strips there deal alot worse than Coke.

So I dunno why you think my experience was an exclusive thing, bunch of holiday virgins around here. 

Oh totally agree, asked for a Sprite in a bar in Ibiza and sure they went and handed me a gram of Ket instead.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:28pm

I’m not angry at all! 

Every f**ker there was actually a dealer to the point the very first bar I went in I asked for a Vodka and Coke (not cola as I was apparently meant to) and I was served with a straight Vodka and a gram of coke LOL

LOL

Been quite a few times and I very much doubt the bar staff were dealing coke, like any holiday destination though if you are looking drugs you will find it.

Get yerself to Ibiza or Magaluf and you'll find the bar staff on the main strips there deal alot worse than Coke.

So I dunno why you think my experience was an exclusive thing, bunch of holiday virgins around here. 

Oh totally agree, asked for a Sprite in a bar in Ibiza and sure they went and handed me a gram of Ket instead.

You seem like the type of person who goes all the way to Ibiza just for a sprite ya bore!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm
LOL
You've just said you never touched a drug in your life, now calling Brendy a bore for possibly doing the same

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:31pm

I’m not angry at all! 

LOL

You seem like the type of person who goes all the way to Ibiza just for a sprite ya bore!

LOL

Sprite and Ket. The perfect combo Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL
You've just said you never touched a drug in your life, now calling Brendy a bore for possibly doing the same

LOL

LOL

Coyner Heart
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm

LOL

LOL

Or I could of implied that you could go and drink lots of alcohol :)

Advanced thinking for people who stay at home and watch Love Island I know but let's not get too far ahead.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm
What if you asked for a 'sex on the beach'?
The dark side.. And the light
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm

LOL

LOL

Or I could of implied that you could go and drink lots of alcohol :)

Advanced thinking for people who stay at home and watch Love Island I know but let's not get too far ahead.

You should stay at home more
That village in the north east misses its idiot when you are away 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Was anybody here in Tirana in 1993? I remember reading a lot of books published by various Irish players at the time and they never seemed too fond of their time there.

Yes.  Very poor country at the time but not as bad as described by the travel agents.  Tony Cascarino's late winner helped make it a great trip.    

Thanks!

I remember being fascinated by the trips to places like Latvia and Lithuania at the time.

This one seemed especially fascinating due to the lack of television coverage. It really added to the intrigue as I remember it being the only big game I my formative years that couldn’t be seen. I still remember the crackling radio coverage and the late winner.

I vaguely remember watching it live in a cinema or some special screening somewhere? It's all a bit foggy.. the lads who ran the Albania FA at that time had some notions.

Could it have been the Point Depot? That's where I think I watched it anyway!

Yeah, someone put it on in the point and sold tickets, I watched it in there as well. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic