You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 200>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Green policies now in the formation of the Irish Government and all over Europe and with the automotive manufactures investing billions into lithium research etc. So forget about putting your few Euro away in the Post Office, Credit Union and Banks invest in Lithium mining or Lithium chemical companies. Every Government in developed nations will have a big green programme over the next 10 to 15 years. We will be no different even if the Provos come to power. 

You can trade on revolut. So who are you recommending Mr. Expert?

I trade on the ASX200 (Australia) Have shares in Altura Mining bought at 0.04 and now trading at 0.057( they are physically mining), 
AVZ Minerals are exploration company currently in the Congo, bit of a punt with exploration companies but you might get lucky. 
Galaxy Resources are one of the big boys. have mines in Australia, Canada and Argentina. Argentina has huge potential but with Covid and political unrest it seen as quiet volatile. 
Lithium Power International are again like Galaxy. mines everywhere.
Pilbara Minerals Limited have a huge mine in its early stages in Western Australia and this week were dropped out of the top 200 of the ASX but have recovered in share value yesterday. 

To narrow it down i'd invest in all except AVZ but you might not see a decent return for about 5/7 years. Lithium markets to date peak and trough. they estimate there needs to be another 70 no. chemical lithium factories to be built within the next 10 years to keep up with world demand. currently only 17 i believe.

I have made a right few found over the last few weeks investing in BNPL (buy now pay later) companies. Companies in China and Australia. basically the equivalent of flexifi in Ireland. Online shopping and 0% interest seems to be all the rage. 

Where you get the copy and paste from????

Very scientific thinking you should change your username to scientist or lithium man

Excellent! i'm going to wait until my next ban you Kerry prick 
You just got it.
Why not leave this decision to Mcg, he instigated this with his his smart arse reply to a perfectly good post from yik, fooking ridiculous some of the banings on here over the last year from touchy gestapo types, bring them all back 
Calm yerself there Daithi or you’ll give yourself a Connery.. not a genuine banning, 

Ya cause I’m from Limerick not Kerry so wasn’t genuine insult from small yak
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Perhaps interesting, and representative that the initial declared opposition to the deal has from Eamon O'Cuiv TD, and perennial election candidate Saoirse McHugh. The rural FF faction, and the "left-wing" of the GP, are what will need to be convinced of the deal, or alternatively the voter with sympathies to both arguments will need to be obtained, in order for the deal to be carried.

However, I feel that as per most outcomes, the wishes of the top-brass will probably prevail.
People like O’Cuiv need to actually speak up and do something like challenge for the leadership or get off the stage. He said he’s against the deal but if it’s accepted he’ll vote for MM to be Taoiseach as he’s afraid he’ll lose the whip. Was watching the Green Party woman who was part of the GP negotiations team on TV last night and i thought she didn’t really have a clue came across very poorly.

He did challenge for the leadership previously to be fair. He also lost the deputy leadership because he didn't agree with party policy. 
That’s true i actually forgot about that. i know he has a big family link to FF but If he doesn’t agree with party policy maybe he should join SF

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 17 Jun 2020 at 1:14pm
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Perhaps interesting, and representative that the initial declared opposition to the deal has from Eamon O'Cuiv TD, and perennial election candidate Saoirse McHugh. The rural FF faction, and the "left-wing" of the GP, are what will need to be convinced of the deal, or alternatively the voter with sympathies to both arguments will need to be obtained, in order for the deal to be carried.

However, I feel that as per most outcomes, the wishes of the top-brass will probably prevail.
People like O’Cuiv need to actually speak up and do something like challenge for the leadership or get off the stage. He said he’s against the deal but if it’s accepted he’ll vote for MM to be Taoiseach as he’s afraid he’ll lose the whip. Was watching the Green Party woman who was part of the GP negotiations team on TV last night and i thought she didn’t really have a clue came across very poorly.

He did challenge for the leadership previously to be fair. He also lost the deputy leadership because he didn't agree with party policy. 
That’s true i actually forgot about that. i know he has a big family link to FF but If he doesn’t agree with party policy maybe he should join SF

He's not that type of FFer to to join SF. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:12pm
GP had their hustings yesterday about endorsing the PFG. I think the undecided voter needs to avoid considering 2007 as reason to avoid joining up, as times and circumstances are very, very different. I also feel that there has to be mature realisation about what can be achieved when you could potentially wag the dog for five years, in a way that few minority parties could.

This is a unique opportunity for the Greens, and I think they should be cautious about assuming retaining their current level of popularity, if they decide to sit in the opposition benches. Many of the GP voters I know voted with the hope of them influencing Government. They have something available to them here, and without them the Tune being danced could be that of rural, right wing independents.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:47pm
The Greens are in an invidious position. A two thirds majority within their own membership looks a high enough hurdle but in reality they have nowhere to go. If they don't deliver, they will be savaged by an angry electorate forced back to the polls in the midst of a pandemic. If they do go in, circumstances may indeed be different from last time but they will still be outmanoeuvred as necessary by the two big Civil War parties and take the fall guy role that goes with the job description for junior partner. Some of their more astute members, including some of their best people in NI, know this and are perturbed about it. They can't win and the coalition is likely to become very unpopular very quickly once normal politics resumes. The big winners are likely to be SF-either going into a fresh election from a position of strength and leeching support from FF in particular but the Greens also, or leading the opposition for the first time as the most popular party in the country and across all of Ireland. Interesting times.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

The Greens are in an invidious position. A two thirds majority within their own membership looks a high enough hurdle but in reality they have nowhere to go. If they don't deliver, they will be savaged by an angry electorate forced back to the polls in the midst of a pandemic. If they do go in, circumstances may indeed be different from last time but they will still be outmanoeuvred as necessary by the two big Civil War parties and take the fall guy role that goes with the job description for junior partner. Some of their more astute members, including some of their best people in NI, know this and are perturbed about it. They can't win and the coalition is likely to become very unpopular very quickly once normal politics resumes. The big winners are likely to be SF-either going into a fresh election from a position of strength and leeching support from FF in particular but the Greens also, or leading the opposition for the first time as the most popular party in the country and across all of Ireland. Interesting times.
SF have played a waiting game for so long another 4-5 years won’t bother them and this will possibly be their first time as the main opposition party. i don’t think the public are ever angry about having to go to the polls that’s just a myth that’s been put out there by politicians who are afraid of losing their seat. If you want to vote you’ll vote if you don’t you won’t.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Jun 2020 at 4:57pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 8:40pm
No matter what FF or FG do, the Greens will get the blame. They are a townie party, mainly Dublin. The rural voters hate them. Already, they are being blamed for things they have no control over.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 10:15pm
It's like the end of Independence Day. 'Hello Boys, I'm baaaaaaack.'
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:07am
Smart move by the Shinners.ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:00pm
What are people's thoughts on the new cabinet. Say there's a lot of angry  grassroots members over Donnelly's appointment. 
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
Eamonn Ryan minister for transportDead
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm
Ryan getting Transport and effectively the old Environment brief is a huge coup. While Martin in Communications will make them extremely influential around the cabinet table. At first look, this justifies the decision to enter government. I am excited at the potentials here, and I’m delighted the Greens have entered Government. FF/FG participation was less in doubt and it will be interesting to see how they coexist. I’ll also be interested to see how coordinated Labour and the SDs will be in opposition, as I feel they will be generally singing off the same hymn sheet.

The Shinners have already embarrassed themselves over the Holohan thing, and the clown parties over the unnecessary and personalised fight they picked, with the judiciary.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:36pm
Who has been appointed Minister for General Mayhem?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:40pm
Basically, it doesn't matter who you vote for in Ireland, the result is the same.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Basically, it doesn't matter who you vote for in Ireland, the result is the same.

1-1?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:47pm

Thats not actually true. There was a time you’d get a FF overall majority, we have gone so far that the two major parties are coalescing with an unusually large third coalition partner.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

1-1?

The national scoreline! Sums it all up.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 27 Jun 2020 at 6:53pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:55pm

Thats not actually true. There was a time you’d get a FF overall majority, we have gone so far that the two major parties are coalescing with an unusually large third coalition partner.

And the difference In material terms is what?

It all amounts to keep the Shinners out. Until they can't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 200>
  Share Topic