You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 200>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The Ditch well worth a 5er a month contribution.

Oh ya. Raking over people past 10 or 15 yrs ago to try and find anything to cause a stir. Does anyone give 2 fooks about a few posters that were paid for and not declared. Whos benefited from the charade the last few weeks?
Surely you can see this isn’t about the posters. It’s about a businessman buying favor then getting into powerful circles and onto boards. Since 2016 he’s been involved with the land development agency and the construction federation. 

Edited by 9fingers - 22 Jan 2023 at 2:37pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Oh ya. Raking over people past 10 or 15 yrs ago to try and find anything to cause a stir. Does anyone give 2 fooks about a few posters that were paid for and not declared. Whos benefited from the charade the last few weeks?
Surely you can see this isn’t about the posters. It’s about a businessman buying favor then getting into powerful circles and onto boards. Since 2016 he’s been involved with the land development agency and the construction federation. 
No no no. Its just a few posters and sure no harm…. LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 4:24am

It’s almost as if we don’t have a housing crisis resulting from government ideology.

Edited by The Huntacha - 23 Jan 2023 at 4:25am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Michael Stones companies received contracts worth €8.7million from the government since 2016 LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:53am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Michael Stones companies received contracts worth €8.7million from the government since 2016 LOL
Stop dredging up the past…its only a few posters………
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:00pm
Irish Independent did an article the other day on the editor of the ditch getting kicked out of his home for non payment of rent dating back a few years. Mad that The Ditch broke the news about O'Donoghue and a few days later the Indo are doing their own article on The Ditch editor. Some rag piece for the government the Indo.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:10pm
Nothing ‘mad’ at all about it. The fact that dates are set by the courts/quasi judicial bodies (sometimes months in advance) means that it was total coincidence.

Edited by Het-field - 24 Jan 2023 at 12:11pm
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:18pm

Ah everyone pretends to be so high and mighty these days. I dont like this thing of scraping the smallest things from peoples past to try and destroy them. Who hasnt told a white lie on forms through their lives or veered away from company procedures to actually get things done. There wud be nobody left in any company of everything was done by the letter of the law. I can accept a big scandal but nowadays its any little tiny thing to get someone fired. 

Can you not accept that if you hold public office you have standards that you are expected to meet. 

It's very easy not to be caught up in this sort of craic - follow the rules and procedures and do your job as a public representative. 

There are backhanders and a nod and a wink everywhere, these are "small things" but it's not long ago the brown envelopes in Fianna Fáil tents was widely known to be how things got done. How are we ever going to improve society in Ireland if we just keep accepting sub-par politicians breaking little rules for their own "small" benefit? 

I don't like people being raked over the coals if they own up straight away and put things right, but the constant ducking and diving and trying to avoid the inevitable resignation speech is sickening. If you take ownership and face it down, take some feckin accountability, then it is much more likely to go away. Then having supposed impartial journalists essentially saying "ah leave the poor politicians alone, sure nobody will want to run for office if we expect them to follow the rules".. it's a farce like. 

Is it so crazy to just expect our politicians to be held to a standard and take the lead rather than being these little sleveen weasels sorting out their mates with good public contracts before they sail off into the sunset with a cushy pension?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Ah everyone pretends to be so high and mighty these days. I dont like this thing of scraping the smallest things from peoples past to try and destroy them. Who hasnt told a white lie on forms through their lives or veered away from company procedures to actually get things done. There wud be nobody left in any company of everything was done by the letter of the law. I can accept a big scandal but nowadays its any little tiny thing to get someone fired. 

Can you not accept that if you hold public office you have standards that you are expected to meet. 

It's very easy not to be caught up in this sort of craic - follow the rules and procedures and do your job as a public representative. 

There are backhanders and a nod and a wink everywhere, these are "small things" but it's not long ago the brown envelopes in Fianna Fáil tents was widely known to be how things got done. How are we ever going to improve society in Ireland if we just keep accepting sub-par politicians breaking little rules for their own "small" benefit? 

I don't like people being raked over the coals if they own up straight away and put things right, but the constant ducking and diving and trying to avoid the inevitable resignation speech is sickening. If you take ownership and face it down, take some feckin accountability, then it is much more likely to go away. Then having supposed impartial journalists essentially saying "ah leave the poor politicians alone, sure nobody will want to run for office if we expect them to follow the rules".. it's a farce like. 

Is it so crazy to just expect our politicians to be held to a standard and take the lead rather than being these little sleveen weasels sorting out their mates with good public contracts before they sail off into the sunset with a cushy pension?

Course i get it but its not all rosy and butterflies in the air and every single t is dotted and every little thing is perfect. Its real life. I cant stand how things are going these days with any tiny little thing turning into a witch hunt to get someone fired. And people clamouring for Sinn Fein to get into power. Fook me just imagine what sorts of stuff could crop up then. LORD. but sure they are going to build everyone a house and our health system will be 100 per cent perfect. Ya right. If someone make a big fook up they deserve what they get but small sh1t we dont need to know every little detail about every little cent. And is there any real suggestion that O'donoghue had anything to do with any contracts awarded to yer man. Im not invested in any party or couldnt give a shi1te about any of them its just one pantomime after another these days just to get someone sacked. Look at the fuss over Sunak not wearing a seatbelt the other day making his video. FFS. He prob just took it off while he was videoing. Stupidity yes but you wud swear he pulled out a gun or something. Load of bollox the whole lot of it.
I love beer gardens
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:47pm
you've convinced me, sure what's the point in anything 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:55pm

It would come in handy alright. Especially if you’re Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.

Has to be said, successive governments, RTE and associated media have done an amazing job at brainwashing people into being so scared of Sinn Fein that that’s their retort whenever a FFG politician gets caught red-handed.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:01pm
Ya they brainwashed us all. Were all so gullible.
I love beer gardens
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:09pm
like I said, it's easy not to be sucked into these "they have to resign" circuses. Follow the f**king rules. I work in accounting, and if I don't follow the rules (cross all the ts and dot all the Is) for filing statutory accounts, there's repercussions for the company I work for, be that fines or for repeated offences something more serious legally depending on the jurisdiction. If we miss a fecking deadline there are repercussions, never mind if we try and cook the books or report something incorrectly by accident and are caught in the process.

Why should our ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES who are holding public office and supposed to be taking the lead in our entire f**king society be held to a lower standard than that? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:13pm

It would come in handy alright. Especially if you’re Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.

Has to be said, successive governments, RTE and associated media have done an amazing job at brainwashing people into being so scared of Sinn Fein that that’s their retort whenever a FFG politician gets caught red-handed.

I am as sick as anyone of the FFG hegemony but I would expect SF to have plenty skeletons in the closet like this, there's no doubt it will all come out whenever they take power as there are plenty within media who will be only too happy to do the investigative journalism required that has been missing too often. 

How SF respond to anything like this will really dictate how they come across in terms of being a legitimate alternative. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 1:20pm
Is paddy cosgraveinvolved in the ditch ??
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Is paddy cosgraveinvolved in the ditch ??

He quotes their tweets regularly and was asking other Irish millionaires to back them a while back. I don't know if he is actually directly involved or just supporting them. 
Let Christy Take It.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Irish Independent did an article the other day on the editor of the ditch getting kicked out of his home for non payment of rent dating back a few years. Mad that The Ditch broke the news about O'Donoghue and a few days later the Indo are doing their own article on The Ditch editor. Some rag piece for the government the Indo.

I wouldn't be shocked if it came out that Philip Ryan was on the FG pay roll. The poster boy of the "but Sinn Fein..." movement
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 3:15pm
Politicians need to be held to account - If people turn a blind eye to the small stuff then before you know it you'll be on a slippery slope towards a situation where politicians just lie about their tax returns, whether they were at lockdown parties etc and fully expect to get away with it. When you get to that stage it's a long way back.

In terms of SF, they might so well to learn a lesson from how Labour in the UK tried to bat away the antisemitism claims against them - If you chose not to tackle them head on (even if you believe they are not fully valid) and constantly blame smears or use the "look at them" line, then you can't be surprised if people don't buy it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 200>
  Share Topic