You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 200>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:34am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I don't get the circus against Barry Cowan either. Done for drink driving 4 years ago while on a provisional when he was barely over the limit (was it a zero limit for provisional's back then?, could have been from the night before), admitted it was very stupid and apologised. Then a new story that he got done for speeding, who cares.
Honestly it's incredibly annoying now. I'm sick and tired of hearing about this. I don't know why it's getting so much coverage and why we can't just move on. I'm far from FF fan but this is a non story 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:49am
He was on a provisional for 20 odd years. Exhibit A
Got caught drink driving. Exhibit B
Claimed travel expenses in full while banned off the road. Exhibit C

No Government minister should hide anything especially when we have the Clancy amendment recently implemented and with further campaigns like "Brendan's Law" 

Needs to resign from his position but remain as a TD. simple as that. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:56am
The issue I’d have with Cowan (other than being a FF ****) would be the 7k in expenses he claimed. 
A 7k donation to charity & draw a line under it. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I don't get the circus against Barry Cowan either. Done for drink driving 4 years ago while on a provisional when he was barely over the limit (was it a zero limit for provisional's back then?, could have been from the night before), admitted it was very stupid and apologised. Then a new story that he got done for speeding, who cares.
It wasn’t from the night before it was from the same day at the All Ireland final. He said he had two pints around 1pm! Yeah 2 pints and over the limit 7-8 hours later yeah right more like 12 pints. Who cares? I’d say loads of families with loved ones who were killed on the roads maybe. He’s also a TD putting through ridiculous laws for speed limits etc the least he could do is abide by them himself.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 09 Jul 2020 at 9:05am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:01am
he only got a 3 month ban so he must not have been that far over limit.
A SF TD got 3 years, he must have been massively over the limit.

Anyway all stupid mistakes, it’s really a zero tolerance at this stage and it’s universal now that you can’t get away on a leaner permit.

Just stupid that it dominates the media and some other FF stuff also, as said, it seems like people were waiting for exactly the right moment to use the information for bad press.

The expenses thing though he should hand back. 
I’m also far from a FF supporter, BTW

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Jul 2020 at 10:02am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:12am
Wouldn't surprise me if this stuff against FF is coming from within. Seems many people aren't happy they didn't get a big job. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if this stuff against FF is coming from within. Seems many people aren't happy they didn't get a big job. 

Looks like it is. Open war on twitter after a Meath FF activist alleged on twitter last night that Thomas Byrne leaked the story about Cowan because he was bitter about being overlooked.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:54am
Perhaps this is a useful rebuttal of the complex the Shinners have about the media being only after them.

However, I think the issue, apart from the seriousness of the specifics, in something where the vast majority have a "zero tolerance" threshold, is that it goes to personal judgement, which is crucial for a Minister of Government. The ability to display good judgement in complex situations is of paramount importance, and this type of thing is a demonstration of poor judgement, in something which isn't complex.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:54pm
Probably only one thing worse in life than A FFer and that is an Israeli. FF are the most corrupt party that ever existed in this State and will continue to be way.  there is going to be sh*t load more come out about FFer's over the coming months and year(s).
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
Barry Cowen is gone! Can have no complaints really.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 14 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Barry Cowen is gone! Can have no complaints really.
The Taoiseach said when he saw the report then that was it. Hmmm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:32am
1 down a lot more Fianna Fail ****s to go! 
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Perhaps this is a useful rebuttal of the complex the Shinners have about the media being only after them.

However, I think the issue, apart from the seriousness of the specifics, in something where the vast majority have a "zero tolerance" threshold, is that it goes to personal judgement, which is crucial for a Minister of Government. The ability to display good judgement in complex situations is of paramount importance, and this type of thing is a demonstration of poor judgement, in something which isn't complex.
.                       You never miss a chance to have a pop at Sinn Fein, do you? You're clearly terrified of them. Tell me, do you have some rental properties, or something? I'm only trying to get to the bottom of what fears you so much about them.Do you maybe feel that the system that produced you is under threat from them? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

You never miss a chance to have a pop at Sinn Fein, do you? You're clearly terrified of them. Tell me, do you have some rental properties, or something? I'm only trying to get to the bottom of what fears you so much about them.Do you maybe feel that the system that produced you is under threat from them? 

Oh, you're back.

If it was rental properties I was worried about I'd be much more worried about the clown parties, who in fairness, wont ever hold power, not least because there are wings of them who don't want it.

SF are a status quo party as much as anybody else, but they do it with the veneer of being "outsiders". A common refrain in similar situations is "if this was a Shinner the media would be all over this". Its a fair point. You just cant stand seeing them criticised.

In fact, given how rather uniform the political views on here can be, imagine if I was opening posts with "You never miss a chance to have a pop at [Insert Political Party/Cause etc here]. The dogpile would be unprecedented.

Edited by Het-field - 15 Jul 2020 at 9:51am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

.                       You never miss a chance to have a pop at Sinn Fein, do you? You're clearly terrified of them. Tell me, do you have some rental properties, or something? I'm only trying to get to the bottom of what fears you so much about them.Do you maybe feel that the system that produced you is under threat from them? 
"The System" being Irish society?

Jeez Martiponti, had a quick look at your posts to see how come I've never noticed ya on the forum before. Joined in Feb, only posted in threads:
Rangers
Northern Ireland
Irish Politics
James Mclean
Coronavirus

You wouldn't happen to be a Sinn Feinn voter would ya LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 5:16pm
Calleary replaces Cowen. He better not make a balls of it now LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 5:37pm
Another bypass for Mayo so !
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Another bypass for Mayo so !

Can't move for them sure!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 200>
  Share Topic