You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 193>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 12:15am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

On a more trivial note. Biden’s ancestral family name is Blewitt. Quite apt for Mayo.
Who do you reckon was in Mayo last... Bidens great great great grandfather or Sam Maguire? 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 12:21am
Saw some coverage of the trip on Sky News and a few clips on GB News on facebook.  The bitternessLOL

Snarlene, Jim Wells, Nigel Mirage.  All frothing at the mouth.

An absolute laughing stock of a channel.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 2:16am

On a more trivial note. Biden’s ancestral family name is Blewitt. Quite apt for Mayo.
LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 8:24am

LOL

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 8:27am
Is Biden related to Joe Brolly, or Brollys wife who’s surname is Blewitt?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is Biden related to Joe Brolly, or Brollys wife whose surname is Blewitt?
Yeah Brollys wife, hence Brolly & Laurita being in the White House on Paddy’s day and following them around all this week 

Edited by 9fingers - 15 Apr 2023 at 9:06am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 10:11am
finding all the fawning over him way over the top and a tad embarrassing. Particularly with America's record around the world. I am loving the British/nordie meltdown over the whole thing thoughLOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

finding all the fawning over him way over the top and a tad embarrassing. Particularly with America's record around the world. I am loving the British/nordie meltdown over the whole thing thoughLOL

Look its a 2 way thing. Joe gets whatever he needs from the trip. He seems genuinely in love with Ireland. He wanted to come. Where else would a US president stay 4 days in one country!! 4 days. Only here we get that. Other countries would love that exposure. If we have to tell him how great he is then so what. On our side we have the worldwide media covering us and you wud imagine it will bring in more tourists. Also if we get some extra investment frkm the US then all the better. Creates a bit of excitement if nothing else. Who know when we will have another US president back. Maybe it will be Joe himself but if not it could be a while. 
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 10:55am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Look its a 2 way thing. Joe gets whatever he needs from the trip. He seems genuinely in love with Ireland. He wanted to come. Where else would a US president stay 4 days in one country!! 4 days. Only here we get that. Other countries would love that exposure. If we have to tell him how great he is then so what. On our side we have the worldwide media covering us and you wud imagine it will bring in more tourists. Also if we get some extra investment frkm the US then all the better. Creates a bit of excitement if nothing else. Who know when we will have another US president back. Maybe it will be Joe himself but if not it could be a while. 

Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:17am
The Tans feeling very unloved so go all out to attack him. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:28am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:44am
The Tories f**ked up big time with the northern visit, didn’t get the DUP clowns back into Stormont in time for a media show there despite promises and none of the red carpet treatment that was expected. The White House will not forget. No trade deal for the hapless Sunak in the foreseeable future, ignominy for the incompetent Heaton-Harris. The rest of the trip has been a lesson in how these things are supposed to be done. Massive feel good coverage worldwide and a huge win-win outcome for Biden and for Ireland.

Edited by Green Cockade - 15 Apr 2023 at 12:53pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:46am
Whole trip was worth it solely to see the Brit’s go into meltdown LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:48am
Hes as well out of Northern ireland anyway. That place is stuck in the past and always will be. I see the DUP now objecting to any more funding going to the building of Casement Park. Absolutely pathetic. They are so bigoted its beyond belief. 
I love beer gardens
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:52am
Didnt see speechs but Leo getting booed apparently. Great stuff. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/news/sneering-arrogant-and-disrespectful-british-press-criticise-joe-biden-as-americans-lap-up-irish-homecoming-42431258.html

Its bizarre that they seem to feel threatened by this visit. Ireland has always had a special relationship with the US, so it stands to reason that presidents will make long, and visible trips to Ireland. Equally, the role of the US in the GFA cannot be underestimated. It was signed in Belfast, and referendums took place on the Island.

Complaining about the Coronation is interesting, as one, the article states that no US President has attended a coronation before, and second, a yougov poll published yesterday suggests there is actually very little interest in it in Britain.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 1:12pm
Sky News last night was so funny. They had two guests on commenting their thoughts on thw visit as they looked at live pictures. Pure self entitled Brit types.  Bitching about the taxpayers money funding an 80 year old mans holiday.  That he hates the UK and is basically doing this purely as a stunt to get votes for the next election.  

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Hes as well out of Northern ireland anyway. That place is stuck in the past and always will be. I see the DUP now objecting to any more funding going to the building of Casement Park. Absolutely pathetic. They are so bigoted its beyond belief. 

Aye tar everyone with the same brush ya free state c**t Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 193>
  Share Topic