You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 199>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Simple majority vote wins it. No agreed mechanism in place before the GFA. No criteria published for holding the border poll but realistically it will happen when it looks likely there’ll be a clear majority for unity.

That's what the GFA says. The reality of it is that there would probably need to be a majority of MLAs from parties who would advocate a UI and would also need to be consistent polling in favour of a UI for it to happen. 
It also needs to pass a referendum in the south to happen too.
And that could be the problem.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:26pm
shockingly callous statement from varadkar today, FG are really prepared to actually swindle Irish citizens out of money they should niot have paid in the first place.A brazen liar as well. Pure dirt the lot of them.
No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 6:00pm
Guess who said ? ..the state didn't have a leg to stand on over non-payment of disability allowance.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 4:19pm
Niamh Bhreathnach passed away. Her abolition of 3rd level fees has undoubtedly been one of the most progressive and transformative policies of modern times. RIP.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Niamh Bhreathnach passed away. Her abolition of 3rd level fees has undoubtedly been one of the most progressive and transformative policies of modern times. RIP.
Wouldn't be where I am in my life if this hadn't have happened. RIP.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 5:00pm
that her son who is a sports journalist and Rovers fan. 

Certainly helped me go to college also.  
AKA pedantic kunt
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 10:21am
What is the story with all the racist f**kwit marches going on at the moment in Ireland? When did this start? Some Irish version of qanon or something? Absolute f**kin scrotes marching around Dublin yesterday. Beyond embarrassing.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

What is the story with all the racist f**kwit marches going on at the moment in Ireland? When did this start? Some Irish version of qanon or something? Absolute f**kin scrotes marching around Dublin yesterday. Beyond embarrassing.
As always Ireland is about 5 years behind. The rest of Europe and the US had all that sh*te in 2015-2019ish and the thickos in Ireland have only just caught on.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 10:34am

A lot of hate being preached out there at the moment. Seen some Ukrainian in all got attacked. Fleeing a war ffs.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 10:50am
Graham Carey( not the footballer) is the cult leader 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:03am
Absolute neanderthals
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:19am
I am sure that there are plenty of examples of our asylum program being abused. That, the housing crisis, and the governments mismanagement of the situation are the perfect storm for these movements.

Although there are definitely issues worth protesting over (living conditions, mismanagement, the amount of money hotels, private landlords etc are being given to house refugees while we have our highest ever Irish homeless population). There is an unfortunate racist element and, even worse, people blame the refugees, by protesting outside their accommodations etc which is not on.

Unfortunately the way things are going I see it getting worse and not better.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:33am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

He possesses an incredibly strong mix of anger and idiocy. 
I saw his video threatening the nurses and doctors accusing them of being "genocidal scumbags".
He is an absolute moron. 
El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:48am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I saw his video threatening the nurses and doctors accusing them of being "genocidal scumbags".
He is an absolute moron. 
Is that the chain smoking coke head who does videos from his car? If so, how the f**k are people following him? I can understand people being sucked in by someone who is intelligent and has some charisma but that fella is an idiot.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:52am
If that’s the officer class, wtf are the rank and file like?
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:54am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He is an absolute moron. 
Is that the chain smoking coke head who does videos from his car? If so, how the f**k are people following him? I can understand people being sucked in by someone who is intelligent and has some charisma but that fella is an idiot.
In fairness he doesn't look like the most intelligent fella so he would easily attract the Anti Vaxx nuts and scum that seem to have nothing better to do with their lives.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I am sure that there are plenty of examples of our asylum program being abused. That, the housing crisis, and the governments mismanagement of the situation are the perfect storm for these movements.

Also, a sad conclusion of the ‘Ireland’s a Kip mantra.’
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:17pm
A topic like this is just waiting for a Trigboy Opinion

Edited by irelandfan - 07 Feb 2023 at 1:19pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 199>
  Share Topic