You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 200>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Strange how he hasn't come out with a statement yet, particularly given how heavily he uses PR firms.

Wouldn't think so, not seen it in any newspaper, releasing a statement puts it front page news in all. At the minute the vast majority of voters will have no idea about this video. 
I haven't heard anything till I came on this thread
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

his running mate Cyprian Brady elected

What was it with those boys’ names?

I can’t imagine that there were many Cyprians and Roystons running about Dublin back in the day. 

And when I just looked up the Wikipedia page, they’ve got a brother called Fulton. 

Edited by inlikeflynn - 05 Dec 2022 at 8:50pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I can’t imagine that there were many Cyprians and Roystons running about Dublin back in the day. 

And when I just looked up the Wikipedia page, they’ve got a brother called Fulton. 
Not to derail but the name thing just spurred a random memory that in my first job in the shmoke, I worked for a few months with a lad called Houston Tilson. He was 100% born and bred Irish and lived along the coast road as you head I to Dun Laoghaire in one of those big houses.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Not to derail but the name thing just spurred a random memory that in my first job in the shmoke, I worked for a few months with a lad called Houston Tilson. He was 100% born and bred Irish and lived along the coast road as you head I to Dun Laoghaire in one of those big houses.

Surely you called him Tex? 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Text? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Text? 
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:31pm
No actually LOL  we all called him by his full name which annoyed him. We also used the phrase "we have a problem" a lot  when calling him over the radio.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:09pm

No actually we all called him by his full name which annoyed him. We also used the phrase "we have a problem" a lot  when calling him over the radio.

LOLLOLLOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

It was embarrassing for him and even more so as the outgoing Taoiseach as he didn’t even reach the quota and didn’t get elected till something like the 7th count and possibly the last seat.

He was elected 2nd when he reached the quota on the 5th count, but apart from that spot on. 

None of the other parties ran two candidates in this constituency, without a running mate he probably would have been elected on the first count.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 4:26pm

Text? 

Clap Put a Dr Pepper on my tab
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Text? 

Eh, I'll have a Ginsters - Put it on my slate.

Nice to meet you Colin......
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Text? 

Eh, I'll have a Ginsters - Put it on my slate.

Nice to meet you Colin......

That episode was on the iPlayer a few weeks ago - the bond marathon one 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 1:58pm
So the rotation has happened. Will be interesting to see if there is much of a shake up in the cabinet.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 10:46am
Martin moving to Foreign Affairs isn't a surprise but I do think Coveney has been a good Minister with that brief. Glad that Catherine Martin retained her ministry, I know a lot of people in the arts that feel she has done more in her brief time than whole decades prior to it. 

Foley and O'Gorman retaining their positions is a joke but not surprising, I didn't expect much of a reshuffle

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 12:15pm
https://twitter.com/thelittlegreen6/status/1604443545854742528?t=CHZAptN6JlQFmLeQQjRf7g&s=19

Hopefully this new group of ministers help fix the mess made by the last group.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 1:33pm
How the f**k did O Brien keep housing. Rewarding incompetence 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Doesnt  really matter who goes in, its FFG. Same sh*te different face. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Do you think someone else would go into that role and houses would magically appear overnight?  It takes time. Add in our daft planning laws etc etc adding to the delays. Sinn Fein would have a house before Xmas for everyone i suppose 

Edited by doherty - 18 Dec 2022 at 2:51pm
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 200>
  Share Topic