You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 193>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Some man for hyperbole, that's horrific but the county has not 'gone to sh*t', I suggest you look at other countries, Brazil, Lebanon, Zimbabwe, certain US states, Egypt,, Libya, Hong Kong etc etc for what 'going to sh*t' actually looks like. 
Well in the case of Hong Kong it’s only because of China interfering with its affairs.

China interfering in its own affairs is mad stuff alright  LOL

Way off the mark there Muff, it's off topic for this thread so won't go into detail but I suggest you do some reading

For someone who is part Hong Kong-er and has family there, it's horrific and soul destroying to see what's happened there. 

I know you have family there. I remember you mentioning it before on here when discussing China on a different thread a while back. I was only pointing out the fact no matter how reprehensible China's actions are is that it is a Chinese territory and by extension a Chinese affair. The autonomy of Hong Kong is a Chinese issue in the same way the autonomy of Catalonia would be a Spanish issue. 
Human rights affect everybody, m8

The Chinese regime is barbaric, look at what they're doing to the Uighurs

Hang on a second here. 

I wasn't even taking a position on this and If I was it certainly wouldn't be in support of an authoritarian state whose head declares himself 'President for Life'. I'm pointing out which should be an uncontroversial fact that Hong Kong is a part of China and it is a Chinese issue/affair. No decent person with any sense of democratic values would support what the Chinese state is perpetrating not only to Hong Kong but on it's own people. Hong Kong is a Chinese territory so an event like the protests obviously involves them. 
But to state in a reductionist fashion that "it's a Chinese internal affair" is basically carte blanche for grotesque human rights abuse -Hang on. I only made the initial point that Hong Kong is a Chinese affair in that it involves them given it belongs to China. I never stated "internal" so don't quote me stating that.There's a difference. I view the Hong Kong issue as part of China's affairs just as Catalonia is part of Spain's affairs and a Palestinian state being a part of Israeli affairs. These are the facts on the ground.  

It's also not true as China signed an international treaty as regards Hong Kong and is flagrantly breaching it - What's not true? I'm not even disputing that China has breached international treaties on Hong Kong's position. 

I'm increasingly coming to the view that serious international pressure and if if necessary, severe economic sanctions should be brought to bear on China, China is operating racist gulags and there is a real threat of a genocide there Again no argument from me there

That's why it's essential that fascist scumbag is put out in America, because they and the EU would have to lead it Dare I say it, that is an American affair in getting that scumbag out of office.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:31pm

Some man for hyperbole, that's horrific but the county has not 'gone to sh*t', I suggest you look at other countries, Brazil, Lebanon, Zimbabwe, certain US states, Egypt,, Libya, Hong Kong etc etc for what 'going to sh*t' actually looks like. 
Well in the case of Hong Kong it’s only because of China interfering with its affairs.

Way off the mark there Muff, it's off topic for this thread so won't go into detail but I suggest you do some reading

For someone who is part Hong Kong-er and has family there, it's horrific and soul destroying to see what's happened there. 

I know you have family there. I remember you mentioning it before on here when discussing China on a different thread a while back. I was only pointing out the fact no matter how reprehensible China's actions are is that it is a Chinese territory and by extension a Chinese affair. The autonomy of Hong Kong is a Chinese issue in the same way the autonomy of Catalonia would be a Spanish issue. 

Not the same, be closer to if the London government decided they'd had enough of the Scottish government, dissolved the government there and every existing agreement, then installed a Scottish Govt with unionists only and then arrested anyone who protested that and SNP supporters while they were at it. 

Again I'm not disputing China's actions or conduct here in your hypothetical example. I don't think your analogy is that accurate though as there wasn't an Act of Union between China and Hong Kong which formed a bigger state in the first place. It's a different situation tbh.

Leaving that aside, I pointed out to Trigbhoy that Hong Kong is a part of the Chinese affairs of state seeing as it is a part of the territory of China. He was making out that Hong Kong had nothing to do with China. Obviously most people from democratic countries would make the argument that pro-democratic Hong Kong and it's citizens should have nothing to do with an authoritarian state but that's not the reality on the ground and it belongs to that state.   

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Jul 2020 at 10:33pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 10:40pm
Yet another scandal with the vote for junior minister pay rises. Easiest opposition in a long time.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 6:46am

You look pretty stupid now. Maybe go off and educate yourself.

What country does Hong Kong belong to genius? 
It took you so long to come back maybe you did go off and educate yourself. Although you still don’t seem to have a clue at least your starting to contribute a bit more now than just smiley faces.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 25 Jul 2020 at 6:47am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 3:43pm

It took you so long to come back maybe you did go off and educate yourself. Although you still don’t seem to have a clue at least your starting to contribute a bit more now than just smiley faces.

I didn't see the post until yesterday Trig mo chara. Smile

Whether we like it or not China is part of Hong Kong's affairs and vice versa. There's not much we can do about that and any resolution to this crisis will unfortunately have to involve the perpetrator that being the Chinese state.  
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 6:37pm

Whether we like it or not China is part of Hong Kong's affairs and vice versa. There's not much we can do about that and any resolution to this crisis will unfortunately have to involve the perpetrator that being the Chinese state.  
China should be staying out of Hong Kong affairs until 2047. As Nvidic has previously said what’s happening is soul destroying and it’s very hard for some of us who hold Hong Kong very close to our hearts.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 25 Jul 2020 at 6:37pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm

China should be staying out of Hong Kong affairs until 2047. As Nvidic has previously said what’s happening is soul destroying and it’s very hard for some of us who hold Hong Kong very close to our hearts.

When it was handed back over to an authoritarian state, something like this would probably be inevitable and China is in a strong enough position as a major global superpower to suffer any blow back from it. They should be treating their own territory and citizens better but it is what it is. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:47pm
varadkar really really really hates people who don’t have a silver spoon stuck up their arse. Empathy free empty head.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:48pm
Bit of a debacle in the Dail the other night about speaking time. The micro-parties perhaps seeing the practical difficulties of so many splits.

Edited by Het-field - 01 Aug 2020 at 2:48pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 12:46am
That tweet by Varadkar yesterday about "if you're white, male and middle class, Sinn Fein don't want you" was really awful

Trump-style race baiting sh*te

Every so often Varadkar comes out with a horrible dog whistle like that

I don't know what he thinks he's doing, especially as a person of colour, as it just plays into dangerous white male imagined victimhood narratives, which ironically he is often the target of himself

Pathetic stuff

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:47am
It was truly bizarre, and he has received a huge backlash about it, rightly so. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:38am
The rise in support for SF continues to spook the Civil War parties and will no doubt provoke more ill-considered and intemperate outbursts of this ilk. I would regard FF as having more to lose going forward, FG are still benefiting at present from general approval of their handling of the pandemic. Few observers in the north think that the Dáil Éireann coalition is going to hold for the full term. It is already under strain and it's very early days. Micheal Martin could be the Taoiseach with the shortest ever reign, especially if he continues to be advised by the likes of Eoghan Harris.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It was truly bizarre, and he has received a huge backlash about it, rightly so. 

Yet not a peep on here from his fanboys who cant wait to call out SF if one of their party members walks around with a button undone...

#embarrassingthemselves
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 7:35pm

Germa O’Dopey arrested this evening. The vid is online. Who said all cops are bastards?
El Puto Amo
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 8:28pm
Hilarious. I thought for a minute she was going to go the full Harry Maguire and start shrieking 'Do you know who I am ? ' Meanwhile I see Kenny Egan has resigned the FG whip on South Dublin County Council after breaching the Covid rules.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Germa O’Dopey arrested this evening. The vid is online. Who said all cops are bastards?
I did. They are the f**kers most likely to agree with her. For once they are just doing their job! 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 8:51pm
What did she do?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

What did she do?
She was hanging anti face mask sh*te on the foot bridge in Kilmac on the n11, it looks like she was arrested for refusing to give the guards her name & address. Fair play to the guards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 193>
  Share Topic