You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 193>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:00pm

Might not be the right thread but check out this fella! I honestly thought it was a wind up

El Puto Amo
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Might not be the right thread but check out this fella! I honestly thought it was a wind up

Theres some talk he did it as a wind up based on an Instagram post, but he seems like the kind of c*nt that is 100% serious about it too
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:24pm
I saw him earlier and it is hardly a surprise. I noticed that when I mentioned on here before that there should be a limit on the amount of property an individual should be allowed to have it was deemed ludicrous; yet when I express the same idea over here, even to landlords with several properties, they agree with me in  principle.

Probably because they know themselves it is wrong and can see the crippling damage it does to society. Maybe Ireland needs a couple of generations of the rise of the professional landlord to recognise that. Not that recognising it will make a difference when nearly half of Tory MPs, and many of the other two main parties too, are landlords and many of those that are not arr still profiting in some way; I'm sure it is similar in the Dáil. 
Although I'm still not sure we learnt much from the property developer at home, given they seem to be used as a metric for economic recovery. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm

Ah lads. Very obviously a p*ss take. It's in pretty poor taste, but he's clearly ripping the piss.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Ah lads. Very obviously a p*ss take. It's in pretty poor taste, but he's clearly ripping the piss.
It's a pisstake by a landlord who makes his money from actuslly doing this.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:20pm

The 10k he got on dragons den didn't last long. The website was only up for a year according to the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130325225536/http://www.tenantreference.ie/about-us/
Let Christy Take It.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:11pm
Anyone see Charlie Flanagan's tweet yesterday?
His response to the BLM protests was to tweet an old newspaper article written by a loyalist for the News Letter (unionist paper in the north) about black members of the british army that were killed by the IRA, in a point scoring contest against SF

Their obsession with the Shinners is frightening
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:28pm
Both the Civil War parties have a similar obsession with the Shinners. In the north, they are an Irish party in a British state. In the south, they are an Irish party in the Irish state on anti-treaty foundations. Many observers in the north are aghast at the hypocrisy of FF and FG encouraging power sharing in Stormont and affecting disdain for SF in a Dáil Éireann context. Micheal Martin is widely viewed as an ass and a Patsy for the likes of Eoghan Harris. FF look set for the worst of all worlds under his leadership: joined at the hip with their loathed foes in FG in a government that will swiftly become extremely unpopular, or losing substantial support to SF in a fresh election which no-one really wants.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

His response to the BLM protests was to tweet an old newspaper article written by a loyalist for the News Letter (unionist paper in the north) about black members of the british army that were killed by the IRA, in a point scoring contest against SF

Is he trying to say that the IRA targeted black soldiers ahead of white soldiers? What an absolute donkey. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:38pm

Wow LOLLOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Wow LOLLOL
LOLLOL

Meanwhile down here, FG shine yet again...

Quote Pearse Doherty
“My Consumer Insurance Contracts Bill was signed into law by President Higgins in December, six months ago.

The legislation strengthened protections for consumers, motorists and SMEs in their insurance contracts. It was a big win for insurance reform and tipped the scales in favour of policyholders.

Six months later and the Government are blocking it from taking effect at the request of the insurance industry. This is a clear victory for the insurance lobby and a big blow to motorists and SMEs.

Today I raised the issue in the COVID-19 Committee. The Government and insurance lobby should not be allowed to block legislation that was passed by the Dáil and signed into law by the President.”
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:05pm

Check out his father's maiden Dail speech 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:30pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Wow LOLLOL
LOLLOL

Meanwhile down here, FG shine yet again...

Quote Pearse Doherty
“My Consumer Insurance Contracts Bill was signed into law by President Higgins in December, six months ago.

The legislation strengthened protections for consumers, motorists and SMEs in their insurance contracts. It was a big win for insurance reform and tipped the scales in favour of policyholders.

Six months later and the Government are blocking it from taking effect at the request of the insurance industry. This is a clear victory for the insurance lobby and a big blow to motorists and SMEs.

Today I raised the issue in the COVID-19 Committee. The Government and insurance lobby should not be allowed to block legislation that was passed by the Dáil and signed into law by the President.”
Any idea what the reform would have done? That statement seems political bickering rather than anything that would benefit you and I.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Check out his father's maiden Dail speech 

An anti-semite and anti-Mason, he used his maiden speech in the Dáil, on 9 July 1943, to urge the government to emulate the Nazis and "rout the Jews out of this country.. where the bees are there is honey, and where the Jews are there is money" and called for the banning of the Freemasons.[5]

He'd be a popular man today in a lot of Western countries.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Both the Civil War parties have a similar obsession with the Shinners. In the north, they are an Irish party in a British state. In the south, they are an Irish party in the Irish state on anti-treaty foundations. Many observers in the north are aghast at the hypocrisy of FF and FG encouraging power sharing in Stormont and affecting disdain for SF in a Dáil Éireann context. Micheal Martin is widely viewed as an ass and a Patsy for the likes of Eoghan Harris. FF look set for the worst of all worlds under his leadership: joined at the hip with their loathed foes in FG in a government that will swiftly become extremely unpopular, or losing substantial support to SF in a fresh election which no-one really wants.

not getting into a pro or SF/FF/FG argument but I don't think this is a fair comparison. Power sharing was to get a cross community representation in what is probably the only government in the world without an opposition. In terms of the Dáil at the minute is literally playing politics to get in power!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Any idea what the reform would have done? That statement seems political bickering rather than anything that would benefit you and I.

Also, the last six months have undoubtedly seen the Government's attentions diverted elsewhere, between both the election and the Covid crisis, its actually hard to see how this is anything other than the Government being focussed on the key matter of the day, and a lot of other aspects being put on the back burner.

Its political point scoring.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 9:52am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 193>
  Share Topic