You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 199>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Alan Kelly looking a cert to be new Labour leader.
He is bound to drop the ball
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 9:29pm

They must feel that they have too many seats.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They must feel that they have too many seats.
100% 

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:43am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He is bound to drop the ball
The other fella was a townie. They could be trying to attract more rural votes.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:13pm
I’m actually inclined to see how this one plays out. He is a bit of a maverick, and that could have traction. I also feel he will be very active in the media and will be unwavering in his criticism. Personally, I’d have gone for AOR, but this could be a little more surprising than people expect.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’m actually inclined to see how this one plays out. He is a bit of a maverick, and that could have traction. I also feel he will be very active in the media and will be unwavering in his criticism. Personally, I’d have gone for AOR, but this could be a little more surprising than people expect.

Can't see it. Final nail in Labour's coffin. He's despised outside the party and by a good chunk in it. He's divisive and arrogant. He's a personification of how they sold out their base. They may have had a chance of a re-set under AOR but Kelly? Not for me. Another shellacking next election while the Soc Dems keep growing and a reverse takeover a la Democratic Left awaits for the Labour Party. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 04 Apr 2020 at 2:51pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Can't see it. Final nail in Labour's coffin. He's despised outside the party and by a good chunk in it. He's divisive and arrogant. He's a personification of how they sold out their base. They may have had a chance of a re-set under AOR but Kelly? Not for me. Another shellacking next election while the Soc Dems keep growing and a reverse takeover a la Democratic Left awaits for the Labour Party. 

I think the reverse takeover is really contingent on how well the SD’s do over the next few years. I also suspect there is a large group of Labour supporters who wouldn’t want to lose the brand.

On another note, MLM’s piece in the IT today is incredibly tone deaf.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 6:51pm
Leo Varadkar returning to the medical profession for a weekly shift during the crisis. Hard to think of too many other world leaders taking such an approach. Credit to him.ClapClap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:08pm

Leo Varadkar returning to the medical profession for a weekly shift during the crisis. Hard to think of too many other world leaders taking such an approach. Credit to him.ClapClap
Clapshould be enough to keep the Shinners at bayClapgrest stuff Leo,what a leader
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:09pm

Now he’ll get a first hand experience of the not for fit purpose PPE he’s been purchasing! 

Definitely deserves credit for that.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:29pm

Why am i so cynicalStern Smile
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:34pm
Great PR stunt.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:10pm
Under normal circumstances if ya spend more than 183 days outside Ireland in a year yu can be a tax-exile and pay your tax elsewhere. A lot of bigwigs would have this arrangement. One of the Sunday papers has a story that they'll waive this rule this year. Bit of a joke if true, tax the f**kers for the year, they'll be in our hospitals if they're sick
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Why am i so cynicalStern Smile
Im sure he will be warmly welcomed back by the very people whom he tried to royally shaft, treated and had treated like sh*t over the years as he slaves on his 12/14 hour shifts on the wards with dodgy PPE. 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:18pm
One of the worst sickening pr stunts to be ever pulled here Censored
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:21pm

At least get it right, your champion will be doing 1 session a week Wink
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:22pm
I'd love to see his time sheet. He'll do it once when the cameras are rolling! 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

At least get it right, your champion will be doing 1 session a week Wink

I said a weekly shift. Before throwing shade maybe read my post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 199>
  Share Topic