You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 193>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Saturday election. Same day as the Ireland v Wales rugby.
That will f**k up the blue shirts, surely?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 3:48pm
No reason you cant vote and go to the match. Polls usually open  early and close late so no excuse. 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 4:17pm

No reason you cant vote and go to the match. Polls usually open  early and close late so no excuse. 
Heino is one reason.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
those lads get up early you know 
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 4:20pm
Pop up polling booth being erected in Wanderers Rugby Club as i type..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 4:22pm
50000 will be at the match. Spread that out between the electorate. Take out those who can just vote and walk to the stadium, or only have an hour or 90 minute drive, voting isn't going to be a major chore. Plus Welsh people!

The only people it may affect is people travelling 3-5 hours for the match, and there will be f**k all of those anyways.

So it will make zero impact in my view. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
it will have zero impact as you can vote from 8am.  

However small numbers do make a difference in an irish election.  The last seat in a constituency can be determined by what people have put on their 5th or 6th preference. Those final seats could determine whether ff or fg are the largest party or if a coalition us possible or not.  So every vote will count on this as its not like the UK where first past the votes means many votes are meaningless. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And then, after FF have been found out to be corrupt, self-serving bastards it will be FG’s turn again...
depressing isnt it. 

Very.

Saw Emmet Kirwan on Twitter saying that the number of people who didn't vote in the last election was greater than the number who voted for FG. Now that is depressing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

50000 will be at the match. Spread that out between the electorate. Take out those who can just vote and walk to the stadium, or only have an hour or 90 minute drive, voting isn't going to be a major chore. Plus Welsh people!

The only people it may affect is people travelling 3-5 hours for the match, and there will be f**k all of those anyways.

So it will make zero impact in my view. 
LOL
Definitely need the sarcasm font!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

And then, after FF have been found out to be corrupt, self-serving bastards it will be FG’s turn again...
depressing isnt it. 

Very.

Saw Emmet Kirwan on Twitter saying that the number of people who didn't vote in the last election was greater than the number who voted for FG. Now that is depressing.
we get what we deserve. It will be the same old rhetoric from so many people... my dad voted Fine Gael and so did his dad before him, so ill vote FG... or this is a FF family so I'm voting FF... Then as you allude to, same people will moan but wont bother their arse voting as their vote wont make a difference. 

At this stage id take a coalition of anyone except FF/FG/Lab just to see what happens. Be nice to get screwed over by someone new
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:16pm

depressing isnt it. 

Very.

we get what we deserve. It will be the same old rhetoric from so many people... my dad voted Fine Gael and so did his dad before him, so ill vote FG... or this is a FF family so I'm voting FF... Then as you allude to, same people will moan but wont bother their arse voting as their vote wont make a difference. 

At this stage id take a coalition of anyone except FF/FG/Lab just to see what happens. Be nice to get screwed over by someone new

Up until recently ff and fg got 80 % of the vote. They now get about 50%.   That's a huge reduction. 

A coalition of anyone but ff and fg and lab is extremely unlikely as those.3 parties will get about 60%
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:50pm

depressing isnt it. 

Very.

Up until recently ff and fg got 80 % of the vote. They now get about 50%.   That's a huge reduction. 

A coalition of anyone but ff and fg and lab is extremely unlikely as those.3 parties will get about 60%

But it would depend on how much one party might get to be able to cobble something together.

You make an interesting point about the reduction in the vote share. Even now, you couldn’t promote a Mullingar Accord like in 2007 as you couldn’t even be sure a basic threshold would be reached to make it worth discussing.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:56pm
Not really interesting just a fact and common knowledge.  Ff and fg share of the vote vas reduced massively over last decade or so but they still have leverage of.power. 

Your first point doesnt make sense.  Currently ff and fg and labour have about 60% share of vote.   As a result it's impossible to form a gov without them or their support like sham wishes for above  
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:25pm

Not really interesting just a fact and common knowledge.  Ff and fg share of the vote vas reduced massively over last decade or so but they still have leverage of.power. 

Your first point doesnt make sense.  Currently ff and fg and labour have about 60% share of vote.   As a result it's impossible to form a gov without them or their support like sham wishes for above  

My point is it depends on how much of the 60% they get.

If one party gets 40% that will make a major difference.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:37pm
You are missing my point.  Currently ff and fg and labour make up 60% of the votes. As a result it’s impossible to form a gov without any one of ff, fg or labour as sham wishes in his posts above. 

That is true regardless how that 60% is split.
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm

You are missing my point.  Currently ff and fg and labour make up 60% of the votes. As a result it’s impossible to form a gov without any one of ff, fg or labour as sham wishes in his posts above. 

That is true regardless how that 60% is split.

Sorry, what I read was that you’d need a form of coalition between FF/FG/Lab. your post seemed to suggest that. Especially with the reference to Lab, whose vote share is small and will undoubtedly stagnate at its current low level.

The is no doubt that FF and/or FG will lead a Government. However, the split of the vote would determine who might be able to go in with them. A large enough share of the 60 % could necessitate cooperation with less coalition components or reliance on a single coalition partner and sympathetic independents.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:53pm
I was replying to Sham it was obvious. Sham said he wanted a gov without any of those three parties 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Jan 2020 at 7:54pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:56pm

I was replying to Sham it was obvious. Sham said he wanted a gov without any of those three parties 

Not from what I was reading. But anyway. I didn’t actually read Sham’s Post.

Edited by Het-field - 14 Jan 2020 at 7:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 193>
  Share Topic