Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Smallbone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 41>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:49pm
Weren't these lads part of the golden generation!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Disappointingly doesn't seem to be making the squad anymore. Neither does obafemi. 

Molumby doesn't make the Brighton squad, parrott is injured and looks to be out till Christmas. 

Masterson sits on the qpr bench, Coventry doest get a look in at West ham.

Connolly, knight and collins are positives 
Obafemi was sent off during the week for the u23 side so I think that rules him out. I think Molumby and Smallbone will get game time as season progresses. Not sure about Obafemi now with poor temperament issues and I can’t see Masterson ever been great from what I’ve seen. He’s just not aggressive enough. 
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:57pm
he is injured, too many posters being quick to panic..
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:23pm
smallbone looks like an academy footballer for now. Nice and tidy but no real divilment or threat in his play. 

One for the future, not for the present.

Out of the rest there’s lots of potential. I don’t think any of the midfield options will become an absolute baller and match winner but knight might do. Knight is playing for a terrible team whose manager will probably be replaced soon so hopefully the new manager will take a shine to him. I’d imagine he will.

Connolly is probably never going to be a 20 goal a season player but maybe he can. Looks a little short of that level right now but could develop.

Parrot I still see as the one whose most likely to become a 70 million pound player for a champions league team.

I could be completely wrong.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:29pm
why would we need a 20 goals a season player? robbie only scored 20 premiership goals once in his career i think. our expectations are often set too high, of course every youngster will look like a failure if we think like that.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:01pm
Actually he never managed it, his highest tally in a single Premier League season was 16.

In the whole of the last decade there was only one year where an Irish player managed even 10 goals a season - Shane Long hit 10 in 2016. So the bar is low for the players coming through, if we can even get one 10 goal a season regular from the players that are emerging it will be progress from the last 10 years.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

why would we need a 20 goals a season player? robbie only scored 20 premiership goals once in his career i think. our expectations are often set too high, of course every youngster will look like a failure if we think like that.

Didn’t qualify for much during robbies career either.

But I guess maybe 20 a season is defo too high a target for Connolly. He’s never going to score many headers and there’s little evidence he can shoot outside the box either.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:22pm
we qualified 3 times with robbie in our team. he is probably our single most important ever player. that he never even scored 20 premiership goals in a season goes to show that a player does not need to do that in order to be great for us, it is asking way too much that we judge all young players by that sort of benchmark
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:53pm
Had a decent first half there, he seems really tidy on the ball, some excellent technical ability and seems stronger in the tackle than before.

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:07pm
playing well alright... seems quite athletic, if he can fill out a bit he could be quite a presence in the middle of the park. used the ball quite well tonight so far as well, good performance for someone who hasnt made an appearance in quite a wile
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:19pm
off injured... standard 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:20pm
Just jarred his knee there twice and needs to be replaced, real shame but hopefully not too serious 
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:22pm
He was excellent. Great passing, won the ball a few times, had a good shot. Best I have seen him. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm
Fairly decent performance overall looked very good on the ball yeah and hopefully taking him off was more precautionary than anything.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm
Yep good performance from him I was impressed. Tidy in his passing, a lot of good forward passes. Shame he came off injured but hopefully it's only precautionary having gotten two knocks in the space of a few mins. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 11:22pm
Any word on how serious the injury is?

Edited by aviva8 - 16 Jan 2021 at 11:23pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 11:30pm
I havent seen much of him i have to say didnt see tonight's game. Is he good enuf to call into the next squad? Why not
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 1:37pm
Southampton manager after revealing that Smallbone has injured his ACL. Shocking injury for him to get 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 41>
  Share Topic