You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Smallbone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:49pm
He could take some time out too consider his options 

Edited by Healy52003 - 14 Jun 2020 at 3:51pm
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:27pm
Kenny is not going to have much time for these chancers. You either want to play or you don't.

Considering Smallbone has come though the ranks under Kenny, I'd be surprised if jumped ship.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Kenny is not going to have much time for these chancers. You either want to play or you don't.

Considering Smallbone has come though the ranks under Kenny, I'd be surprised if jumped ship.

Think it was more O’Brien and Mohan. Don’t think he’s played for kenn yet. I think and hope your right on the first point.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
I think if the u21s were playing tomorrow he'd start. Looks a very good player from what little I've seen of him. 

I'd chance that smallbone, molumby, knight, parrot, connolly, obafemi and collins are the players most likely to see some/further senior caps. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Think it was more O’Brien and Mohan. Don’t think he’s played for kenn yet. I think and hope your right on the first point.

I just checked there and he hasn't played for the 21's. I thought he did.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 2:17pm
He wants to play for us.

And as Stephen Kenny this week at last has the opportunity to scout out talent for the senior Ireland squad which he will select in September, Smallbone says his hopes are to follow club-mates Shane Long and Michael Obafemi into the senior Irish squad.

"It's a massive dream of mine to go on and become a full international. To have people like Michael and Shane in the team who have both played for Ireland is really helpful," Smallbone told the Southampton Daily Echo.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 2:45pm
This is excellent to see. Smallbone has great potential and he could not be at a better club in terms of development and getting his chance. The NL could be a great opportunity for him if all goes well.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

He wants to play for us.

And as Stephen Kenny this week at last has the opportunity to scout out talent for the senior Ireland squad which he will select in September, Smallbone says his hopes are to follow club-mates Shane Long and Michael Obafemi into the senior Irish squad.

"It's a massive dream of mine to go on and become a full international. To have people like Michael and Shane in the team who have both played for Ireland is really helpful," Smallbone told the Southampton Daily Echo.

gone!!! move to ROTW section 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

He wants to play for us.

With a name like willy smallbone I would have thought he was your favourite player.  

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Jun 2020 at 3:29pm
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He wants to play for us.

With a name like willy smallbone I would have thought he was your favourite player.  
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He wants to play for us.

LOL
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:48am

He wants to play for us.

Or, he wants to play international football. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

He wants to play for us.

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: var--s2; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; -sizing: border-; font-family: "Nuacht Serif Text", "Nuacht Serif line", Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px;">And as Stephen Kenny this week at last has the opportunity to scout out talent for the senior Ireland squad which he will select in September, Smallbone says his hopes are to follow club-mates Shane Long and Michael Obafemi into the senior Irish squad.

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: var--s2; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; -sizing: border-; font-family: "Nuacht Serif Text", "Nuacht Serif line", Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px;">"It's a massive dream of mine to go on and become a full international. To have people like Michael and Shane in the team who have both played for Ireland is really helpful," Smallbone told the Southampton Daily Echo.

That's what I took from it too. He didn't say that it was a dream of his to play for Ireland. He said it was a dream of his to play international football. I really hopes he sticks with us, but until he's tied to us I won't be getting too excited.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

He wants to play for us.

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: var--s2; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; -sizing: border-; font-family: "Nuacht Serif Text", "Nuacht Serif line", Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px;">And as Stephen Kenny this week at last has the opportunity to scout out talent for the senior Ireland squad which he will select in September, Smallbone says his hopes are to follow club-mates Shane Long and Michael Obafemi into the senior Irish squad.

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: var--s2; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; -sizing: border-; font-family: "Nuacht Serif Text", "Nuacht Serif line", Georgia, serif; font-size: 16px;">"It's a massive dream of mine to go on and become a full international. To have people like Michael and Shane in the team who have both played for Ireland is really helpful," Smallbone told the Southampton Daily Echo.

That's what I took from it too. He didn't say that it was a dream of his to play for Ireland. He said it was a dream of his to play international football. I really hopes he sticks with us, but until he's tied to us I won't be getting too excited.

Its the truth of it, what you took from it.  Very simple to say any combination of the following - I want to play for Ireland  / only for Ireland internationally / dreamed of playing for Ireland  / I am Irish / I feel Irish 

But he didn't and that was no accident.

Anyone not hearing alarm bells on reading this has a short memory or is a fool.  

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:57am

He wants to play for us.

To be fair Paulie us lads are far too long in the tooth to be getting excited by anything that doesnt involve getting up out of a chair without making a noise and of course the pubs reopening  
AKA pedantic kunt
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:03am

He wants to play for us.

Its the truth of it, what you took from it.  Very simple to say any combination of the following - I want to play for Ireland  / only for Ireland internationally / dreamed of playing for Ireland  / I am Irish / I feel Irish 

But he didn't and that was no accident.

Anyone not hearing alarm bells on reading this has a short memory or is a fool.  

The paranoia is real LOL After that line, he didn't mention Nathan Redmond or Ryan Bertrand, he mentioned Long and Obafemi. The obvious implication being that he's discussing Ireland. Its normal speech to say "I want to play international football" and expect that the context makes it obvious who you're talking about. Your childlike desire for explicit confirmation is heartwarming though. Perhaps he should start referring to himself as "Irish" Will Smallbone, the "Irish" footballer, who plays in "Irelands" midfield, etc LOL
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm
Like Rice mentioned Randolph when he was in the chose your words carefully phase you mean ? :)   paranoia is justified, until a ref blows to start a game for points with him on the field. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:11pm

Like Rice mentioned Randolph when he was in the chose your words carefully phase you mean ? :)   paranoia is justified, until a ref blows to start a game for points with him on the field. 

No, paranoia is not "justified", it's chosen. The excessive scepticism really is ridiculous when you think about it, what percentage of underage players who line out for us actually end up defecting? 5% perhaps? Simply assuming that everyone is Rice or Grealish has no more basis than assuming everyone is Kilbane or McGeady. You can only take each case on it's own merits, and the merits of this case are that Smallbone has indicated he wants to play international football (citing his two Irish international teammates as examples), and has made absolutely no indication that he wants to play for England.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 41>
  Share Topic