FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Smallbone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by foden1981 foden1981 wrote:

Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

This lad has been anonymous for us every time he plays, it's like the game swallows him up and he doesn't really know what to do.

In fairness . International football can be very hard to adapt to . As good as Houlihan was for Ireland . He never got near the performance levels that he had for Norwich.

Con Houlihan?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:36pm
After the Kenny era, it's a clean slate with the all the players as far as I'm concerned. Smallbone was hardly the only player underperforming when you had a team consistently failing to get results or be competitive in any way in our qualification campaigns. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:04pm
He was excellent in his first appearance for us, and has been grand in a struggling team since. Clearly a young midfielder flying high for one of the best teams in the Championship couldn't possibly be any use to us though, nothing new there.
We're decent enough..
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

This lad has been anonymous for us every time he plays, it's like the game swallows him up and he doesn't really know what to do.

In fairness . International football can be very hard to adapt to . As good as Houlihan was for Ireland . He never got near the performance levels that he had for Norwich.
Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 4:57pm
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I think the game in Athens probably dampened the enthusiasm for him in some of our minds which is unfair. We weren’t set up properly and no one played well. Hes a reasonably promising player for sure. I’d hope he will have a good few years in and around the Premier League or top part of the Championship 

Brian Kerr doesn't think he is good enough to play a creative role for Ireland . Kerr is a very good judge of a player . I think finn azaz should take his place in midfield.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 2:03pm

I think the game in Athens probably dampened the enthusiasm for him in some of our minds which is unfair. We weren’t set up properly and no one played well. Hes a reasonably promising player for sure. I’d hope he will have a good few years in and around the Premier League or top part of the Championship 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 12:55pm
Scores his 4th of the season - for all of the lamentations about our lack of midfield options, there's been very little mention of him (or Knight) having good seasons in the Championship.

Edited by The O'Shea - 20 Jan 2024 at 12:55pm
We're decent enough..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 3:55pm
Has Southampton 1-0 up at HT.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

It was bearly an assist TBH, it was a simple pass to walker-Peters who did a lot of work after the pass  to make the goal for himself.

Thats what people are getting excited about in football these days. 

Stat man John sums up the modern football supporter.

Says Old School Bren who doesnt understand statistics!

Just seen the assist Clap

Good, so you are confirming it was an assist then, thanks!

Zidane-esque.

Don't be so sensitive, you should be used to eating your own words at this stage.

That nearly makes sense dopey.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:46am

It was bearly an assist TBH, it was a simple pass to walker-Peters who did a lot of work after the pass  to make the goal for himself.

Zidane-esque.

Don't be so sensitive, you should be used to eating your own words at this stage.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:05am

Zidane-esque.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 10:32pm

Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 9:00pm

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 6:12pm

The intention of my post was to debate Smallbone's assist not to diminish John's contribution to this forum as others have done. Personally I enjoy John Nices contribution TBH.
Walker-Peters took 7 touches after receiving the simple pass from Smallbone to his shot for the goal. I just don't understand how it is considered an assist. An it has been considered an assist on every website.

Doesn't really matter how many touches he takes though after receiving the pass. But can see where you're trying to come from.

I remember when Parrott played with MK Dons and in one game played a simple five yard pass for an assist and you had the social media pages throwing out the emojis bigging it up.

Nothing was said about his contribution to the first goal though. Dropped back into midfield, picked up the ball and played a lovely cross field pass with his weaker foot to the WB who then passed it to Twine.

Edited by J89 - 26 Oct 2023 at 6:12pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 5:59pm
The intention of my post was to debate Smallbone's assist not to diminish John's contribution to this forum as others have done. Personally I enjoy John Nices contribution TBH.
Walker-Peters took 7 touches after receiving the simple pass from Smallbone to his shot for the goal. I just don't understand how it is considered an assist. An it has been considered an assist on every website.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 3:15pm

Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2023 at 1:51pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic