You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sh*te Music Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Kin ell.   That fookin song ''Don't you know pump it up you've got to pump it up' has to be the biggest head wrecker of a song I have heard in decades. The 1st time you hear it gets irritating after about 15 seconds.

Song was originally out in 2004. Not sure why was re released by a different artist. Sounds the same imo.  
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I can't listen to the radio any more with the amount of absolute drivel on it.

This. Pure sh*te being played 24/7.
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 1:01am
lyric fm all i listen to in work,  no adds, no sh*t music and especially in the mornings no forced banter
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:26pm
I'll probably get beheaded for this, but 21st Century traditional Irish music
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

I heard an album from a band recently, or as much of it as I could take, that was being critically acclaimed, both at home and abroad. I can't for the life of me remember the name, I have possibly repressed it, but I had read positive reviews on numerous sites and  was expecting to be blown away. It was tuneless dirge and about as far removed from music, never mind a particular genre, as possible. So if it is all like that now I would have to agree.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

I heard an album from a band recently, or as much of it as I could take, that was being critically acclaimed, both at home and abroad. I can't for the life of me remember the name, I have possibly repressed it, but I had read positive reviews on numerous sites and  was expecting to be blown away. It was tuneless dirge and about as far removed from music, never mind a particular genre, as possible. So if it is all like that now I would have to agree.

J Hus - Absolute East London African gibberish. Santana Dave - utter utter rubbish

You get little ginger pricks in leafy middle class n12 talking about their mandem these days.

To add balance Kano is brilliant as is Lloyd Carner. Even AJ Treacy is a bit of fun, few garage beats.

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:56pm
can i also add Coldplay post A Rush of Blood to the head

Music for people who dont like music.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

can i also add Coldplay post A Rush of Blood to the head

Music for people who dont like music.

Terrible album alright, Parachutes was OK but after that the Ego of Chris MArtin just grew and grew
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:03am
I thought X and Y was pretty good, but a clear downgrade on the first two albums. I agree that the rest range from meh to awful
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:13am
Not big into music so dont know the answer to this but how do the charts work these days?  Like in the past you would always know new entries because they played them on top of the pops and on the radio if they were doing well and you could track their progress up the charts.

How do you know if a new single has been released these days? What are the big songs of this year?  Couldn't even name 1 song that was brought out this year.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Not big into music so dont know the answer to this but how do the charts work these days?  Like in the past you would always know new entries because they played them on top of the pops and on the radio if they were doing well and you could track their progress up the charts.

How do you know if a new single has been released these days? What are the big songs of this year?  Couldn't even name 1 song that was brought out this year.

I haven't a clue. When I was a teenager (80's) it seemed to be a lot easier, in that the top ten was a big thing, so everyone knew what was popular simply on the basis of that. Now it seems that bands/artists can be popular on download/Spotify/YouTube, so it seems to be much harder to keep track. Of course I'm saying that as a now 48 year old, so kids that the various charts are aimed at now, may find it perfectly easy to keep track of who's popular.

Personally, nowadays I get all of my music from recommendations from friends and from Spotify recommending albums based on my playlist (I've found myself getting into Motown over the last couple of months. Aretha Franklin and The Staples Sisters ). I don't listen to radio at all, and I haven't for years. Having said this, a friend of mine has sent me some stuff from BBC Radio 6 which is worth looking into. Radio DJs really annoy me though, even the so called funny ones.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:46am
BBC Radio 6 is great. Tom Robinson and Radcliffe and Maconie are the two I try and listen to regularly on the Sounds app. Shaun Keaveney is decent too. Just people with a real love of music presenting shows of music they like. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:56am

BBC Radio 6 is great. Tom Robinson and Radcliffe and Maconie are the two I try and listen to regularly on the Sounds app. Shaun Keaveney is decent too. Just people with a real love of music presenting shows of music they like. 

Yeah, it’s great . Tom Ravenscroft also deserves a mention Thumbs Up
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:59am
John creedon on radio 1 and late date on radio one too both decent shows and good to hear good new music  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Yeah, it’s great . Tom Ravenscroft also deserves a mention Thumbs Up
I have never listened to his show, will give it a go.Thumbs Up
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

John creedon on radio 1 and late date on radio one too both decent shows and good to hear good new music  

f**k off  with John Creedon LOLLOL awful sh*te LOLLOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Stick to Toploader and The Script, m8

Edited by sid waddell - 10 Aug 2020 at 9:56am
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Stick to Toploader and The Script, m8

Stick to Megadeth, Gamma Ray and Hypocrisy for all your conspiracy theories for you're before bedtime hot chocolate with the other Covid Sister 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic