Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 31>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The posters saying that Kenny will start Duffy might well be correct. But if Kenny genuinely thinks that an out of form, out of shape centre back who can't comfortably pass the ball five yards at the best of times deserves a starting spot in a team set up to play a controlled passing game then we're in for a fairly miserable qualifying campaign.

True....it’s gonna be a big call for Kenny,and I think he needs to throw down a marker to these players that he’s in control and can make these decisions.plus like you said...Duffy is in no shape or form to be facing Serbia.

He dropped Coleman and started an uncapped Idah. I don't he'll have a problem making a tough choice with Duffy.

Both these decisions were wrong if you ask me.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
dealt with zaha and Benteke with no problems at all today. Looked very assured. Himself and Clark I think have to start away to Serbia. Two players playing in premier league regularly and playing well. Also can pass the ball. I wonder will he favour Duffy due to the size of mitrovic. Seeing o Shea deal with benteke and zaha I wouldn’t worry about that . Two big lads 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

dealt with zaha and Benteke with no problems at all today. Looked very assured. Himself and Clark I think have to start away to Serbia. Two players playing in premier league regularly and playing well. Also can pass the ball. I wonder will he favour Duffy due to the size of mitrovic. Seeing o Shea deal with benteke and zaha I wouldn’t worry about that . Two big lads 

I would be very surprised if Mitrovic started! Can’t get close to the Fulham starting 11 and Serbia have better options up top.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 13 Mar 2021 at 4:58pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I would be very surprised if Mitrovic started! Can’t get close to the Fulham starting 11 and Serbia have better options up top.
Is he not their main man though. His international stats are impressive 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
had a scan through all of Serbia’s recent competitive games . Mitrovic starts most of the time
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:43pm
Mitrovic generally starts along with Jovic. Insane goalscoring record for them. 

They have a young striker at Fiorentina who’s scored a nice few for them this year and is talented too he may take the torch off him in time. 

O’Shea played really well by all accounts. Having a good season and getting the full education playing multiple positions out the team briefly back in and firmly taking the place back. 

There ain’t oceans of young centre backs in the PL at the moment under 23 that look good at this level. Think there’s every possibility PL teams will look at him in the summer as West Brom go down. 

If not hel have the springboard to establish himself as a firm fixture for them in the Championship. They will come back up in 2/3 years. West Brom usually do.

Definitely one of the big bright spots of what has been a mixed bag for our younger players coming through

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Mar 2021 at 5:44pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Mitrovic generally starts along with Jovic. Insane goalscoring record for them. 

They have a young striker at Fiorentina who’s scored a nice few for them this year and is talented too he may take the torch off him in time. 

O’Shea played really well by all accounts. Having a good season and getting the full education playing multiple positions out the team briefly back in and firmly taking the place back. 

There ain’t oceans of young centre backs in the PL at the moment under 23 that look good at this level. Think there’s every possibility PL teams will look at him in the summer as West Brom go down. 

If not hel have the springboard to establish himself as a firm fixture for them in the Championship. They will come back up in 2/3 years. West Brom usually do.

Definitely one of the big bright spots of what has been a mixed bag for our younger players coming through

Dusan Vlahovic. He's scored a first-half hat-trick today against Benevento.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:52pm
Christ you’d kill to have him or a lad like him wouldn’t you.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
off injured v Chelsea. Hopefully not serious 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:02am

O’Shea 9

Good to see the young Irishman pull through after injury forced him off last week. Got the nod by Allardyce over the impressive Ajayi, and it was justified. Fearless in the aerial duel and some of his challenges were delightfully crunchy.

Robinson 8

Deserving of his start here. There were a couple of passes in the counter attacks that didn’t quite find their destination, but generally Robinson played a part in most things Albion did well. His awareness to read Yokuslu’s pass and finish smartly fully demonstrated his confidence in front of goal.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:17am
Well done to them - they've both had to deal with some setbacks this season but are ending it strongly.

I have always rated Robinson since he came into the Irish setup, even though I know others don't so much. I think he's the best we have for the centre forward position for the next couple of years anyway, by a distance actually. However he has been inconsistent at both Sheffield United and WBA and I'd imagine he'll drop out of the league if West Brom do.

O'Shea will probably go down with them as well, but he's good enough to stay in the Premier League, no question. It's just a question of whether he's on anyone's radar as a signing. Strikes me as someone who, if he was from a different country, would have a much higher profile than he has as a result of some of his performances. Centre backs as good as him at 22 are very rare.

Frustrating that three of our best players this season have been with the two worst teams (Egan being the other). McGoldrick as well obviously, but it doesn't matter any more to us in his case.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:54am

It reflects well on O'Shea that he can have such a strong performance and there's not much fuss about it on here. He looks comfortable at EPL level. 
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:03am
At 22, if he does leave West Brom it's unlikely we would walk into the first team of a premier league club should be leave. Playing at full season at Championship level would not necessarily be a bad thing for his development. 
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

At 22, if he does leave West Brom it's unlikely we would walk into the first team of a premier league club should be leave. Playing at full season at Championship level would not necessarily be a bad thing for his development. 

Would very much agree with this, wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for him. Plus if big Sam is there they may well do a Norwich and bounce back up.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:35am
Hard to know. I think he's well good enough but it depends on the options that the bottom half clubs have and how he would fit in. Whether he would walk in anywhere, I don't know but he'd be up to the challenge. He started this season as a utility defender for West Brom and has finished it as a starting centre half. He has the same amount of appearances as Bartley and Ajayi even though he was starting behind them as far as last season is concerned. 

He's a great reader of the game and has a lovely crisp and direct pass. He probably doesn't always catch the eye because he doesn't need to. When he passes directly through the lines is about the only time commentators tend to highlight him. Which is probably positive. I think this is why he's not hyped up. 

He's got a bit to do to establish himself as a player at a good Premier League club. I fancy him to achieve it if everything goes right. Progresses every year. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm

If O'Shea leaves, it will only be for another Premier League club. I don't think the idea is as far fetched as you might think. He's young, but proven at this level, he is good with the ball at his feet. I could see him joining the likes of a Watford or a Burnley quite easily. The ideal situation would be for him to stretch his wings and maybe consider a German or Italian team. He has the ability and composure for it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:37pm

He’s playing pretty well and there aren’t hoards of young centre half’s in the PL looking to a degree comfortable at that level. He’s a decent passer of the ball can defend in the air. Even for Ireland in an atrocious team he came in and was one of a few if the only that enhanced his reputation in the last qualifying campaign.  

I wouldn’t be shocked if there was interest in him. Burnley a club that will be looking for a centre half or the newly promoted clubs let’s say. West Ham and Palace another two that may look for a centre half. 

I would be quite happy to see him stay at West Brom. Personally I would fancy the life out of them to go straight back up once Sam Allardyce stays. I would even consider having a strong punt on them once he stays and they keep the core of their squad like Norwich did. That’s important.

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Apr 2021 at 1:39pm
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:41pm
Definitely has a good future. I would be concerned he is not big enough to be a real top class CH. But a decent player and will definitely have a good career injuries permitting
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 31>
  Share Topic