You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:56pm
Not a good day for oshea or Robinson today, I'm not sure oshea was culpable for any of the goals, I've only seen the highlights and wouldn't say so but he won't be happy shipping 5 goals.

Looks like Bielsa watched West brom park the bus against Liverpool and expected allardyce to use the same tactics tonight... and he was right... West brom had 25% possession at home and offered very little as a football team.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:30pm
O'Shea was actually one of WBA bright points, the whole team was thoroughly outplayed but he didn't really do anything wrong. I still can't believe they sacked Bilic. No way will Allardyce get better out of this team. They are all but gone now. Too small and very few Allardyce types in the team. Soocking decision. O Shea will be ok either way and in my opinion their best defender now and coming on a monstrous amount very quickly.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:39pm
I presume they're going to back Allardyce financially in January otherwise it's unlikely he would have gone there, but it feels like they could have just backed Bilic in a similar way rather than sack him.

Unfortunately from our point of view West Brom and Sheffield United look like filling two of the relegation places as things stand.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:41pm
Stupid decision to sack Bilic regardless of who they brought in. I happen to think Big Sam is a very decent manager. Clearly it was behind the scenes stuff cause by the looks of it Bilic was getting as much as possible out of this group.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I presume they're going to back Allardyce financially in January otherwise it's unlikely he would have gone there, but it feels like they could have just backed Bilic in a similar way rather than sack him.

Unfortunately from our point of view West Brom and Sheffield United look like filling two of the relegation places as things stand.

I doubt it given the circumstances.
I’m sure he will be allowed to get loan players in but they arent going to spend big in Jan.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:45pm
Best of a bad bunch in the West Brom defense again according to the player ratings: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-player-ratings-v-19554449
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 11:17pm
He is destined to greater things than West Brom. Think he will start to be linked with higher up sides before long
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 11:23pm
I would agree with that. He's good enough for a bigger club but I would expect Big Sam to want to hold on to him. West Brom are in a battle and Allardyce has all the necessary experience to keep them up if it is at all possible. He'll be looking at the January transfer window but he will not want to lose O'Shea or indeed Robinson.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I would agree with that. He's good enough for a bigger club but I would expect Big Sam to want to hold on to him. West Brom are in a battle and Allardyce has all the necessary experience to keep them up if it is at all possible. He'll be looking at the January transfer window but he will not want to lose O'Shea or indeed Robinson.

No defo not. But kind of thing where even if west brom go down, think he will be snapped up
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:18pm
Sam Allardyce will be lifting off Dara O’Shea for that 2nd goal. Very very poor from him lost his man missed the initial clearance from the corner too. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Sam Allardyce will be lifting off Dara O’Shea for that 2nd goal. Very very poor from him lost his man missed the initial clearance from the corner too. 

Was Livermore ?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:31pm
Livermore's missed clearance was the issue really for the second goal. Questions over O'Shea for the first one though I think.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:36pm

Livermore's missed clearance was the issue really for the second goal. Questions over O'Shea for the first one though I think.

It was Livermores missed header for the 2nd one. Nothing O'Shea could have done about that. The 1st goal was just a good piece of technique from Silva. Again not really at fault, he held him off lovely.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:46pm
Robinson wins two penaltys and west brom now 3-2 up Clap
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Robinson wins two penaltys and west brom now 3-2 up Clap

If Big Sam pulls this off they shud be a statue made of him outside the ground LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It was Livermores missed header for the 2nd one. Nothing O'Shea could have done about that. The 1st goal was just a good piece of technique from Silva. Again not really at fault, he held him off lovely.

O’Shea flapped at it originally and was also marking Boly or have I lost the plot? 😂

I only seen the first goal was very weak for that too. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:39am
Can't blame him for the 2nd goal. Livermore misses the header and O'Shea is standing right behind him so it's impossible to react quick enough. Ball goes through his legs and Ajayi fails to clear it. Some people really can't look at situations involving our players objectively. 

You could find fault in his positioning and strength for the first goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 3:41pm
Overall he’s a having a great year in fairness to him and his ability on the ball is very good.

Playing RB will stand to him marking a player like Neto was a huge challenge to him yesterday for example.

Is there an outside chance they stay up? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 31>
  Share Topic