You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 7:34am
If he were English, I think there would be a small queue of clubs in for him. He would definitely fit in at Norwich but maybe to the detriment of Omobamidele. He would actually be an ideal signing for Brighton with his ability to play across the back three and his passing. 

I'm very relaxed about that though. I would much rather see Egan get a move back up. With regards to O'Shea, a full season starting centre back in the Championship should see him get plenty games, be fairly comfortable and mark himself out as a very good prospect at 23 this time next year. 

Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

If he were English, I think there would be a small queue of clubs in for him.
This, exactly.

I really hope that he gets a move this Summer. Ideally he goes to another Premier League team, but it wouldn't be bad if he went to a decent footballing team like Swansea or Bournemouth. He would be very comfortable in a good team in Europe too I feel. Staying at West Brom and playing second fiddle to Ajayi (who is a very poor footballer) is not what we want to see.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:26am
O'Shea would be a better signing than Egan for a good few Premier League teams.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

O'Shea would be a better signing than Egan for a good few Premier League teams.

Hmm not sure about that, both Egan and oshea played in relegated teams but I feel Egan was a key player in any chances of survival, whereas oshea was dropped on a few occasions. 

I feel that if a premier league team signed Egan it would be so that he can make them a better defensive team now but a team that signed oshea might see him as 'a good investment for the future' and have him sit on the bench for a while.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 3:30pm
That's pretty much it. If you're a low to mid rank premier league team looking for a decent centre back to build your defence around next season you buy Egan. If you're wanting more of a long term investment you buy O'Shea.

Arguably if you're looking for both you buy Collins.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:32pm
I think Egan signed a five year contract earlier this season so the club are unlikely to want to sell. He may well fancy Sheffield Utd to yo-yo back up like Norwich and Waford ( and possibly Bournemouth as well ) have done. A fit Jack O'Connell would greatly help their chances. West Brom will be amongst the favourites to get back up so O'Shea and Robinson may not have to move. Nathan Collins should get plenty of first team football if he stays with Stoke though bigger clubs will be interested once he's back fit.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That's pretty much it. If you're a low to mid rank premier league team looking for a decent centre back to build your defence around next season you buy Egan. If you're wanting more of a long term investment you buy O'Shea.

Arguably if you're looking for both you buy Collins.

I’d be a bit disappointed if Egan doesn’t get a move in the summer. He’s more then good enough and it’s not like the English League is overloaded with competent centre backs that clubs won’t be looking for them. To use the dreaded phrase if he was English he would be linked with all and sundry. 

O’Shea who knows you could do a lot worse then him. He may stay at West Brom that wouldn’t be a disaster. Ajayi and Bartley have got the nod in the last game but West Brom were dreadful the other night so O’Shea again could easily come back in. 

Collins has been linked with Liverpool recently now on top of Man Utd which as a United fan is pretty concrete from what I hear. Burnley also interested. He will leave next summer if not this summer once he keeps his stuff up. Thing is Harry Souttar will be touted also and will Stoke sell both? If they make the decision to sell one they’d want crazy money for the other fella if selling. 

Edited by kevin100 - 10 May 2021 at 9:47pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:20pm
Just equalised for WBA against Bournemouth 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:20pm
Great header by him.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:21pm
Great header into the ground with power, nothing Travers could do
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:22pm
Great to see Clap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:30pm
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:38pm
First goal from an Irish player of the season. Oshea not really troubled at the back for most of the half so decides to do a bit of goalscoring.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:08pm
Dara O'Shea is quality. He just is. Is he our best player now? Possibly. Good header good and strong to get on the end of it. Hes only going to get better.
I love beer gardens
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:26pm
He's up there alright. I think Collins and Knight both have a potentially higher ceiling than him but O'Shea has the makings of a quality player all the same. Think he will stand out in the Championship this season and will be back in the top division within a season or two.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:54pm
Ooh i wonder? Everytime i see O'Shea he just looks really good. Absolute nailed on for us from now on.
I love beer gardens
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:00pm
I'm surprised that nobody came in for O'Shea to bring him back up to the Premiership for 21/22. Or maybe they did and we didn't hear. I thought he looked very good last year.

He might be better off with a full season playing in the Championship now. He won't be 23 until March. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:03pm
He's 22 years old and locked down his position in probably the team that will bounce back up into the EPL.

Hes already premier league quality for me and will be an ireland starter for years.

In terms of the rebuild of the ireland team oshea and Knight are the first two to throw their hat into the mix.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
  Share Topic