You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:45am
him and Clarke start v Serbia if fit.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:53am
I don't see Clark starting myself. It will be Duffy and O'Shea. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:42pm
How can Duffy start? 

I don't think anybody media or otherwise would hold it against Kenny if he didn't start Duffy. If he does start Duffy and Duffy's form continues as it has done, then just another massive stick to beat Kenny with. 

It seems like a relatively free pass for Kenny. Take it. 
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:49pm
Clark has played very well in PL this year. Think he has to start.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 4:40pm
Just what I think will happen.

Duffy has never let Ireland down - he has played in ALL Kenny's games, yet Clark has not been included in any of his squads (due to injury).

On club form yeah Clark > Duffy - but it doesn't really work that way.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Duffy has never let Ireland down - he has played in ALL Kenny's games, yet Clark has not been included in any of his squads (due to injury).

He’s never let Ireland down apart from being at fault for goals again France at the euros, Denmark 2019 home game and was very poor against England in the friendly along with being terrible on the ball in all the nations league games. He did play fairly good against Slovakia and has been very good for us probably our best player overall along with Randolph there for a few years. But this narrative of he’s never let Ireland down has been thrown about a good bit but he’s had a good few poor performances too.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 5:28pm
Yeah, I dont buy that narrative either I must say.

We've been a poor team for years and it's not looked like improving yet, we've been beaten by Finland... twice! Lost to Wales three times and embarrassed against England. We've been beaten by Switzerland and Turkey... i dont even want to think about Denmark...

however, paradoxically, players like Duffy, Whelan, mcclean, Coleman and Randolph have all been magnificent and never let us down.... 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 5:36pm
Most managers have a blind spot or two when it comes to players who they see as integral, in spite of form, or even enduring  quality. I feel that the greatest potential in the Kenny reign is for Shane Duffy (or Doherty) to be that spot.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:03pm
The posters saying that Kenny will start Duffy might well be correct. But if Kenny genuinely thinks that an out of form, out of shape centre back who can't comfortably pass the ball five yards at the best of times deserves a starting spot in a team set up to play a controlled passing game then we're in for a fairly miserable qualifying campaign.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

He’s never let Ireland down apart from being at fault for goals again France at the euros, Denmark 2019 home game and was very poor against England in the friendly along with being terrible on the ball in all the nations league games. He did play fairly good against Slovakia and has been very good for us probably our best player overall along with Randolph there for a few years. But this narrative of he’s never let Ireland down has been thrown about a good bit but he’s had a good few poor performances too.

I'm looking at it from Kenny's perspective, not my own.

If your going to look at in form players - then you'd be lucky to put out a 5 a side, because nearly all the starting 11 that we put out will most likely be under performing for their clubs.

Cullen and to a lesser extent Knight are probably the only 2 players performing, O'Shea is doing alright, but he was taken out of the team for a reason before winning it back.

Well if your going to go with Clark, who at times is a complete liability too, scoring own goals, and then most recently single handily lost the FA Cup game against Arsenal. Franco Baresi he clearly is not.

I don't really care too much who he goes with, the defense wouldn't be my biggest worry.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:00pm
Kenny has a big decision to make playing Duffy shouldn’t happen he is out of form, not playing regularly,the two boys are staring regularly in the premier league and Duffy doesn’t suit his style of play.

But I get the chance impression Kenny is stubborn and could start him out of stubbornness.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:04pm

If your going to look at in form players - then you'd be lucky to put out a 5 a side, because nearly all the starting 11 that we put out will most likely be under performing for their clubs.

Cullen and to a lesser extent Knight are probably the only 2 players performing, O'Shea is doing alright, but he was taken out of the team for a reason before winning it back.

Well if your going to go with Clark, who at times is a complete liability too, scoring own goals, and then most recently single handily lost the FA Cup game against Arsenal. Franco Baresi he clearly is not.

I don't really care too much who he goes with, the defense wouldn't be my biggest worry.

Very harsh on Clark and it's clear you haven't watch him very closely in the last number of season
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:07pm
If Duffy gets selected for the first team it will solely be based on his experience.

This is pretty much why it's harder to get out of the ireland team as it is to get in it
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Kenny has a big decision to make playing Duffy shouldn’t happen he is out of form, not playing regularly,the two boys are staring regularly in the premier league and Duffy doesn’t suit his style of play.

But I get the chance impression Kenny is stubborn and could start him out of stubbornness.
Duffy could be the man if we are camped on our 18 yard line. 
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Very harsh on Clark and it's clear you haven't watch him very closely in the last number of season

Yea he has been very solid this year. Seems to have cut out the mistakes from his game that you would have associated with him at villa. Newcastle fans really like him. 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The posters saying that Kenny will start Duffy might well be correct. But if Kenny genuinely thinks that an out of form, out of shape centre back who can't comfortably pass the ball five yards at the best of times deserves a starting spot in a team set up to play a controlled passing game then we're in for a fairly miserable qualifying campaign.

True....it’s gonna be a big call for Kenny,and I think he needs to throw down a marker to these players that he’s in control and can make these decisions.plus like you said...Duffy is in no shape or form to be facing Serbia.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:31am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

True....it’s gonna be a big call for Kenny,and I think he needs to throw down a marker to these players that he’s in control and can make these decisions.plus like you said...Duffy is in no shape or form to be facing Serbia.

He dropped Coleman and started an uncapped Idah. I don't he'll have a problem making a tough choice with Duffy.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:14am
Everyone accepts Duffy, even in good form, is poor with the ball at his feet. We are told what you do get with him his ariel dominance - and yet Harry Maguire murdered him in that respect last November in the England friendly.  As a United fan I can tell you Maguire has had very little attacking joy this season off other centre halves - so if Duffy isn't doing well defensively in the air......

Give me O Shea / Clark or O Shea / Long any day.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 31>
  Share Topic