You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 2:06pm
I honestly think he is ready for premier league football on the regular now but can see the point of lots of football at a high level. He will be a top centre half in a couple of years. We are pretty sorted with him and Collins though. We are badly short a 10 and wingers especially an inverted right winger but we always have a knack of having quite a few quaity defenders.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 1:29pm
Oshea and Robinson on the bench today for West brom. 

Would be good to see Robinson get some more game time before March as I think he's pretty much a certainty to start for us.

Collins will be out with the injury he got yesterday so it would be good to have a good option to partner Egan in defence. I can't see Duffy playing so maybe Clarke. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 1:38pm
I was expecting O’Shea to play today as Peltier was awful against Spurs the last day. Perhaps it suggests Allardyce has a notion firmly in his mind and Dara struggles to get back in unless injuries

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I was expecting O’Shea to play today as Peltier was awful against Spurs the last day. Perhaps it suggests Allardyce has a notion firmly in his mind and Dara struggles to get back in unless injuries

"Firmly in his mind"? O'Shea has started far more games for Allardyce than the last two that he hasn't. You've hardly got overwhelming evidence to support your assertion. Give it another game or two before you write O'Shea off.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 3:44pm
Subbed on after 30 minutes because of Ajayi's red card. Difficult test for him.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:23pm
Or an opportunity to earn his place back into the team.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:35pm
havent seen a worse match all season... burnley are absolutely shocking
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:41pm
Should get a run of games now. Great opportunity for him to get injured before March.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 3:57am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:00pm
He played well tonight. Robinson no game time again which I think is bit harsh on him,  he hasn't done a whole lot wrong.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:31pm
Sounds like he vindicated his selection ahead of Ajayi.

O’Shea 7

Birthday boy number one. Was commanding and authoritative. Tried his best not to give Calvert-Lewin too much space and time. His passing range is strong, we know, and he eye-catchingly picked out Diagne a couple of times.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-player-ratings-vs-19969451
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:00pm
Good to hear he played well. Has to be a strong chance of him starting in Belgrade now. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:35pm
He is close to a shoe in surely. For the way we want to play too spells at RB standing to him more emphasis on showing his ability on the ball. 

22yo today there aren’t a exactly a sea of young centre backs playing regularly in the Premier League at the moment. 

Having a great season one or two set backs and mistakes but part of learning. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:39am
This can't be right, I'm sure I read a couple of pages back that he was so bad he had been dropped from the worst defence in the league and was useless like all our other young players because he wasn't going to make the Premier League team of the season by his 22nd birthday.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:47am
He was dropped and he is part of the worse defense in the league. 

And he took his opportunity to win his place back in the side. 

I don't think any one said he was useless etc....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:18am

He is close to a shoe in surely. For the way we want to play too spells at RB standing to him more emphasis on showing his ability on the ball. 

22yo today there aren’t a exactly a sea of young centre backs playing regularly in the Premier League at the moment. 

Having a great season one or two set backs and mistakes but part of learning. 

What do you think this means?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:41am
Spelt shoo in of course. 💀 

He’s playing with a relegation threatened team one of the worst in the League which horsebox isnt wrong about but he’s still having a good season and it’s nice to see.

Does he potentially get a transfer in the summer if they go down or is he better off staying where he is for the moment. Young centre back he would automatically have the profile that might attract interest.

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Mar 2021 at 10:42am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:09am

Spelt shoo in of course. 💀 

He’s playing with a relegation threatened team one of the worst in the League which horsebox isnt wrong about but he’s still having a good season and it’s nice to see.

Does he potentially get a transfer in the summer if they go down or is he better off staying where he is for the moment. Young centre back he would automatically have the profile that might attract interest.

Could see him getting a move to newly promoted Cardiff City under Big Mick 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>
  Share Topic