You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 31>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:15pm
TBH I thought his defending for the first goal was shocking and he looked susceptible another couple of times as well.

Comfortable going forward and on the ball in possession but far from the finished article.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

TBH I thought his defending for the first goal was shocking and he looked susceptible another couple of times as well.

Comfortable going forward and on the ball in possession but far from the finished article.

I dont think anyone thinks he's the finished article yet hotlips. A young rio ferdinand was very suspect, John Stones has been suspect, VVD has been suspect in their early days.

But you can see there's some real potential there, like you said, he's very comfortable in possession at the highest levels in football I might add.

Its OK to be a little optimistic 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 6:49pm
He’s also playing as a right back and to say he’s not a right back would be an understatement. A player of his mould having to deal with Neto was a huge test for him. He was dreadful for the first goal but they redeemed themselves and won.

You need that bit of luck sometimes in football and he avoided being the scapegoat for that first goal in this instance. 😂
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:19pm
Just made a great headed clearance off the line to keep it 1-1 against West Ham.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:28pm
has been very good. both goals came from the opposite flank where Gibbs has been shocking.. As said above saved a certain goal with great covering on the line.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:36pm
The cross for the 2nd goal came from his side, didn't get anywhere close to stopping the cross. Seemed to be covering inside a bit too much, as can happen when a CB plays in one of the full back positions.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The cross for the 2nd goal came from his side, didn't get anywhere close to stopping the cross. Seemed to be covering inside a bit too much, as can happen when a CB plays in one of the full back positions.

Really. I thought the ball came in from Cresswell? my bad if so. I only heard the commentary from another room and caught the reply. Either way he has been good. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Really. I thought the ball came in from Cresswell? my bad if so. I only heard the commentary from another room and caught the reply. Either way he has been good. 

Creswell plays on the left, that would be West Brom’s right where the cross came from.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:06pm
Watch the game, he was very solid. No blame for any of the goals what so ever. For the 2nd goal, a long cross from his side went over the top nearly out of play it was keeped in and crossed back in again from opposite side for west ham to score.  He also stopped a certain goal with header of the line.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Creswell plays on the left, that would be West Brom’s right where the cross came from.

Oh I know I meant he got the deflection to antonio not put the cross in. You are right though ,Yarmalenko was the one who moved the ball to Antonio. I thought the cross came from Yarmalenko on the other side. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:14pm
Anyone watching the game tonight. They are 4-0 down at half time
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:16pm
It's not O'Shea, Egan, Parrot, Duffy, Hendrick, it's the players around them are sh*te, according to this forum. Doherty in wrong position too, so not his fault he's having a bad season either. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

It's not O'Shea, Egan, Parrot, Duffy, Hendrick, it's the players around them are sh*te, according to this forum. Doherty in wrong position too, so not his fault he's having a bad season either. 

O’Shea is sh*te now? LOL

Some serious idiots posting on here this past while.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
He looks ok, but people talk like he'll def have a premiership club next year. I'd be surprised if he did. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:32pm
Gundogan went past him like he wasn't there for the third goal but he wasn't culpable for any of the others.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:51pm
Not going to be much harder nights for oshea to be fair. Man City play some amazing stuff.

Not sure the sacking of Bilic was the best idea in hindsight.

Allardyce has been an unconvincing replacement to say the least 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

What?LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Can you please explain this one?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:09pm
Didn’t see the game tonight could you signal O’Shea out for any goal? That is a hammering but it’s Man City won’t be the last team they steamroll. 

Bilic can fell very hard done by getting sacked as really Allardyce is stretching to try and build on what he’s done.

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Jan 2021 at 10:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 31>
  Share Topic