Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He will get used a bit but i think they will sign another centre half and right back for cover. He is very reliable and should still get 15-20 appearances next year. He is Duffy's replacement and I believe we already have Egan's replacement in 3-4 years too in Collins

Is he Duffy’s replacement or a replacement for Doherty/Coleman
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

He will get used a bit but i think they will sign another centre half and right back for cover. He is very reliable and should still get 15-20 appearances next year. He is Duffy's replacement and I believe we already have Egan's replacement in 3-4 years too in Collins

He's naturally a centre back I think. He was in the U-21's afaik. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

He won't stay at right back, at least I don't think so anyway but it is promising he is doing so well at right back. WBA will sign players in those positions as they are fairly light there.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:46am
He's definitely a centre back longer term. Festy Ebosele may well be the one to keep an eye on at right back, very highly rated at Derby and they have a great track record of bringing through their young players to the first team.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 6:16pm
Just scored the equaliser for WBA against Huddersfield Town, his third of the season. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 17 Jul 2020 at 6:16pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 6:28pm
Excellent. Regardless of the goals, I think this lad is a player.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 7:03pm
very good player. He seems to be playing left back this evening having played at right back for many games this season. Centre back is his normal preferred position. So it’s good to have this versatility for our back line going forward 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 7:06pm
He was playing at right back, only switched left when Townsend went off. Made a mistake for Huddersfields goal but redeemed himself with the equaliser.
We're decent enough..
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 7:07pm
ok didn’t know that. Just switched it on now
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 7:35pm
Actually just as impressive on the left as right really. Got to be worth a squad place for versatility alone. West Brom might have to make do with the play offs after that though
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm
Did he?I didnt see the mistake
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 8:29pm
As a Leeds fan I was glued to this and a lot of WBA games this year. This lad is class.
wasn't afraid to hit passes with his left either he got moved out there and it is clear Bilic loves the kid because he trusts him basically to play anywhere even in very important games

As for the mistake? I didn't see one It was the centre half for the second goal and the keeper for the first. it was an awkward ball in for the first but hardly Dara's fault?

Bit gutted when he scored as a Leeds fan but was also happy for him and still hope WBA go up this year. Will need a Brentford slip up though.

Edited by Nialler - 17 Jul 2020 at 8:30pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 9:11pm
I think the issue was that he gave away the free kick that led to the first goal.

I agree though, he's a massive talent and I think would play a lot in the Premier League next season if they were promoted.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 10:14pm
He looks a real talent and hopefully WBA got up. Even so he has developed so much in the last 7-8 months.

Would raise an eyebrow if he was called to the seniors already 
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:22pm
I hope WBA stay in the Championship. Another year for him to play week in week out, in the event WBA go up. Its highly unlikely he'll play as often, and probably be pushed further down the pecking order with new signings. Another year in the Championship will do him no harm at all.

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

I hope WBA stay in the Championship. Another year for him to play week in week out, in the event WBA go up. Its highly unlikely he'll play as often, and probably be pushed further down the pecking order with new signings. Another year in the Championship will do him no harm at all.

He seems like one of WBAs better players at the moment, but depends on how much they’re spending on defense if they get promoted  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 7:43am
To be fair WBA are not a team to break the bank when they get promoted, that's probably why they get relegated again quite often. It's a good club for him to be at, if they stay in the Championship he'll be a regular next season somewhere in the defence but if they are promoted I still think he'll play a lot of first team football. It's a win win situation really.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 2:28pm
Huge result for WBA today with brentford losing
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
  Share Topic