You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dara O'Shea
    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:59pm
Made his league debut for West Brom today against Brentford for the second half.  No goals scored while he was on the pitch and impressive stats as per below.

Hegazi the regular centre-back was dropped after an unspecified training ground incident and is now linked with a move to a Saudi Arabian club. 

Hopefully we'll see O'Shea feature a bit more now this season after some fantastic performances at U21 for us.  

4 Clearances 89% passing accuracy 100% of duels won 1 blocked shot 1 interception

Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 9:07am
looks a solid player from what I seen in the u21’s. Hopefully he’ll get a few games before the window opens. In their position you can see WBA but another centre half. But he should see more game time second half of the season.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:04pm
Bilic clearly rates O'Shea highly, even more so after his league debut:

I am gonna praise him, because I know he ain’t gonna be ‘big time’. Dara is the future, and he can be present. Dara is one of the reasons why when I came to the club we didn’t sign another defender.

They wanted to bring in not only Semi [Ajayi] but another, because they were lacking numbers. I didn’t want to.

Why? Because of Dara. I believe in him. Based on today, he’s a player. I love Dara.

Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:29pm
Superb
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 11:30pm
Good manager to learn the position from!
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 12:46am
great to hear that from bilic, hope he gets more minutes rest of the season
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:54pm
Interesting to see what happens with Hegazi - he hadn't been starting behind Ajayi & Bartley. Then dropped from squad and it happens to be the game Bartley gets injured, great timing for O'Shea. I would imagine O'Shea will definitely play in FA Cup, could be featuring in league over busy period (depending on Bartley fitness).
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:05pm
Another start for him today against Charlton.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 3:12pm

West Brom manager Slaven Bilic says that Dara O'Shea has been offered a new contract by the Championship leaders.

The Ireland U21 international has made a breakthrough into the West Brom first team this season. He made his Championship debut last month, coming off the bench against Brentford to play 40 minutes. He subsequently started in the FA Cup against Charlton earlier this month.

"He has been offered a new contract, definitely," Bilic told The Express and Star about the centre-back.

"I have said from the start, from July, that he is the present and the future of the club.

"I love Dara O’Shea. We all love him.

"But forget how nice he is as a kid, I love Dara as a football player.

"In the summer, we lost three players in that position – (Craig) Dawson, (Mason) Holgate and (Tosin) Adarabioyo plus (Ahmed) Hegazi had surgery.

"But we only brought in one. The club wanted to bring in more, and the only reason we didn’t was Dara.

"From day one, he showed dedication, motivation, readiness to learn and, more than anything, potential and quality."

O'Shea, who is from Dublin, joined West Brom in 2016 from St Kevin's Boys.

https://www.balls.ie/football/slaven-bilic-dara-oshea-west-brom-424194

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:52am
Committed long term future to west Brom so hopefully will see more game time now that contact negotiations are out of the way.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 2:23pm
Starts for west brom today 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm
Has had a solid game
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:46pm
Had a good game today
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 2:57pm
Starting right back today
The only way is up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:45pm
Isn't centre back his first position?

Has he ever played right back in the under 21s?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Isn't centre back his first position?

Has he ever played right back in the under 21s?

He’s played the last few there and done well apparently. He is a natural centre back
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:23pm
Think it is only a positive. Minutes on the pitch at RB or CB is what matters. 

Potentially good for us too as we have plenty of CBs coming through or already established so having more options at RB is a plus.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 3:24pm
Scored for WBA 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
  Share Topic