Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Goal you have seen live

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Goal you have seen live
    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:16pm
This could have been located under the LOI or the ROI section, but basically the greastest goal you have seen in the flesh whether that is an Ireland game or LOI game or an EPL or La Liga.   Maybe a bit about the background and why you think it is the best.

Mine is Ronaldihio goal against Valenia when he was at his peak. On overhead bicycle kick with his standing leg. He did it on my birthday too which added to it for me.

AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:23pm
My goal in the fans game against Scotland a few years ago. Either that or Glenn Whelan's against Italy.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:28pm
Ronnie Whelan versus the USSR in Hannover.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Fishing or shinning ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Fishing or shinning ?
We didnt know at the time it was a shinner LOL

Me - Ashley Grimes against Spain (I think) at LR.
Or was that a dream ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:21pm
Limerick 0 - 1 Wexford Youths, First Division 2010, Jackman Park

We battered Wexford for the full game and couldn't score. Last minute of injury time, we have a corner, it's hoofed cleared by the defence towards the left touchline in our half, in the general vicinity of the lone Wexford striker and one of our center halves.

What happened next I'll never forget...one touch to control the dropping ball, second touch to whip the ball away from the touchline and angle it towards our goal, where our keeper was off the line and the ball thundered into the back of the net. Unbelievable goal.

Ireland 2 - 2 Italy

Glenn Whelan whipping it in from outside the box was beautiful

Liverpool 2 - O Chelsea

Mo Salah's goal from last season's game was filthy to see live.
Touts Out!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:31pm

Best counter attacking goal I've ever seen.
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:32pm
nakamura for celtic v man utd

the sheer distance he was out, the accuracy of the free kick, a big bollocks in nets - van der sar and the importance of the goal in qualifying us out of the group stage for the first time
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:52pm
Zola for Chelsea against Norwich in the FA Cup. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

nakamura for celtic v man utd

the sheer distance he was out, the accuracy of the free kick, a big bollocks in nets - van der sar and the importance of the goal in qualifying us out of the group stage for the first time

Same

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:06pm
Robbie Keane v the Germans in 2002.

I was only a youngster at the time but I doubt I’ll ever get to celebrate an Ireland goal as much.

An exciting Ireland team at a World Cup. Will we ever be able to say that again???

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:38pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
I'm gonna go for Mandroiu in the derby the season just gone. His body shape, being on his weaker foot, the distance out, i don't think i've been there for a goal as good as it.

As far as i can remember, Thierry Henry's goal against us for France in 2006 qualifying was a belter as well.

Saw Ronaldo score a free-kick under the wall at Old Trafford v Newcastle once which sticks out.

Honestly can't remember too many great Ireland goals and i've been going for nearly 20 years. Wes against Sweden was an excellent finish.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 17 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:21pm
Niall Quinn's masterstrike v Holland 1990.  A move perfected on the training ground and executed to perfect precision. Technical excellence and athleticism.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:33pm
Whelan vs Italy.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:37pm
Duff against Canada in a friendly in 2003 where he ran over half the length of the pitch was originally what I thought was the best Ireland goal I've seen, though Whelan against Italy might have been better, given the stage. No others jump out. On replay, the Duff goal was only good rather than superb: the midfield were completely missing in action. While he still had to beat the defenders, they weren't exactly world beaters and he had to do nothing to get from where he received the ball in his own half to the edge of the box.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 17 Dec 2019 at 4:39pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:48pm
For me the greatest goal are the spectacular goals that come out of the blue

3. Ronnies shinner in Hannover
2. Liam O'Briens over the shoulder volley for Rovers against Bohs in Glenmalure Park
1. Barry O'Connors volley for Rovers against Drogheda in a cup match at Dalyer around 1990. Think Van Bastens goal v USSR in 88, but from an even tighter angle..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:53pm
Mark Kennedy vs Yugoslavia, ball hit the underside of the bar on the way in  iirc was a great Irish goal Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic