You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Center Parcs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Always laugh at that “it’s too hot in Spain for kids”LOL
I’ve had babies and young children of all ages in Spain,Greece etc in July. If anything they adapt better then adults to the conditions. 
All buggy’s have built in in protector yokes   
Be cheaper than Centre Parcs aswel,robbing coonts 

Might want to edit that...
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 4:02pm
Cabra LOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Steer clear of center parks a robbing kip, you would be better off looking at something like trabolgan if that is the course you are going to take
Have ya been there recently? It's gone awful bad, Paveee Point on tour most of the year nowadays

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

The swimming area looked pretty good on videos I have seen.
The pool is deadly. I went back one day myself without the kids to go on all the big slides. The big cone shaped one is class

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You'd drop some amount of money here a day.

https://www.centerparcs.ie/content/dam/centerparcs/activity-pricing/wwl/WWL-IR.pdf
If you're expecting to be doing activities from 9-5 each day, yes you will. If you just pick out what you want to do and do toe 2/3 activities you want to do then you'll be grand
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
I'd go only I don't think I could get used to the climate
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:56pm

Always laugh at that “it’s too hot in Spain for kids”LOL
I’ve had babies and young children of all ages in Spain,Greece etc in July. If anything they adapt better then adults to the conditions. 
All buggy’s have built in in protector yokes   
Be cheaper than Centre Parcs aswel,robbing coonts 

Might want to edit that...
LOL
LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:20pm
You're right about not taking 2 year olds to Spain. As for the resort never been so can't help you. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You're right about not taking 2 year olds to Spain. As for the resort never been so can't help you. 
Why is that then?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

We brought our 2 to Spain/Portugal from about 4 months old, no problem.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:28pm
Ryanair would love to have taken over if only they had planes they could use.

The delays in their MAXs meant they simply weren't in a position to challenge for that market.

Plus Ryanair don't tend to do package deals the same way Jet2 or even easyJet do, nor have they ever had the same market share from provincial UK airports to Spanish sun destinations. That market has always been more widely covered by the package operators and it's not really their market.

Jet2 have no MAXs on order, easyJet fly Airbus and package deals have always been TUI's game. The collapse of Thomas Cook was always going to benefit those already in the package market, rather than Ryanair. Ryanair are a "fly everywhere" airline, not a "fly to the sunshine" airline. Just like I wouldn't expect Jet2 to start flying East Midlands to Cologne, I wouldn't expect Ryanair to start running a greater percentage of their flights to sun destinations and filling the majority of their seats with package holiday passengers.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 05 Dec 2019 at 11:30pm
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:43am

Thinking of going to Center Parcs in Longford next summer for a week. Looking at the prices it seems pretty expensive although there would be six of us (and a 2 year old) so the cost can be spread. Basically due to peoples work schedules we can only go on holiday in July and the missus is adamant she isn't taking a 2 year old to Spain in the middle of July (she thinks it would be far too hot). So anyone been to center parcs and is it a decent compromise with a family who want to go on holiday with us and a wife who won't go to Spain?
I've been going to Centre Parcs every August for the last few years. It's a great break away, the facilities are top quality and the swimming pool is brilliant. I haven't been to the one in longford yet but the sites in England are identical.
It's not cheap but you'd get a great 5 day family holiday for under a grand, even at peak times of the year. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Thinking of going to Center Parcs in Longford next summer for a week. Looking at the prices it seems pretty expensive although there would be six of us (and a 2 year old) so the cost can be spread. Basically due to peoples work schedules we can only go on holiday in July and the missus is adamant she isn't taking a 2 year old to Spain in the middle of July (she thinks it would be far too hot). So anyone been to center parcs and is it a decent compromise with a family who want to go on holiday with us and a wife who won't go to Spain?
I've been going to Centre Parcs every August for the last few years. It's a great break away, the facilities are top quality and the swimming pool is brilliant. I haven't been to the one in longford yet but the sites in England are identical.
It's not cheap but you'd get a great 5 day family holiday for under a grand, even at peak times of the year. 

5 days under a grand seems reasonable enough - take it thats the basic cost without add ons for activities and travel to the UK.

By comparison, my most recent sun holiday was in 2017 to a decent aparthotel in Fuerteventura which worked out at €40 per night per person all-inclusive. Their are pros and cons with the all-inclusive model but for that price it was great value....throw in the cost of the flights it was around €760 a head for 2 weeks all-inclusive.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 06 Dec 2019 at 9:00am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 12:00pm
Never been to one but the UK cps get good reviews.

Thanks to global warming the summers are pretty good so a lot cheaper than going to mainland Europe.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 1:36pm

5 days under a grand seems reasonable enough - take it thats the basic cost without add ons for activities and travel to the UK.

By comparison, my most recent sun holiday was in 2017 to a decent aparthotel in Fuerteventura which worked out at €40 per night per person all-inclusive. Their are pros and cons with the all-inclusive model but for that price it was great value....throw in the cost of the flights it was around €760 a head for 2 weeks all-inclusive.
So for a family of 4 you're over 3k abroad V 1k in Longford. It's not insignificant. We're looking at the foreign model this year, 10 nights is working out about 2.5k
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

So for a family of 4 you're over 3k abroad V 1k in Longford. It's not insignificant. We're looking at the foreign model this year, 10 nights is working out about 2.5k

The holiday abroad is for 14 nights compared against how many in Longford ? And with the all inclusive model, all food and drinks are included. TBH, I have been trying for years to find an affordable holiday at home (and i dont mind spending money if its decent) but to be honest Ireland is very expensive with most family holidays in irish hotels being for less than a week. Imaging the cost of eating out for a family in Ireland for 14 days and nights - easily €1,200-€1,500 unless you want eat chipper/Mickey D's on your holiers...and i havent mentioned the price of having a few jars for yourself and the missus.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic