You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New sponsor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New sponsor
    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 4:43pm
With 3 ending their sponsorship I wonder who will be our new sponsor? Any ideas?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 4:50pm
We'll probably get JD Sports in so we don't have to pay back what the other JD borrowed off them.

You'd wonder how much of an ego thing it was for the former CEO trying to get a ***t like Ashley involved. He probabaly wouldn;t have bothered if they were called MA Sports....
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

We'll probably get JD Sports in so we don't have to pay back what the other JD borrowed off them.

You'd wonder how much of an ego thing it was for the former CEO trying to get a ***t like Ashley involved. He probabaly wouldn;t have bothered if they were called MA Sports....
I'm sure it was all above board. Big smile
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 4:58pm
Who would pay a penny to the FAI as things stand? Why would you want to be associated with that organization?

Unless qualification for the Euros is achieved, it's hard to see why anyone would be interested in sponsoring the FAI. I think we are very close to the end game now.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 5:10pm
No government funding
No Main Sponsor
Potentially No european championship spot
No sell out home game for at least 18 months
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:01pm
I genuinely don't care if it's Hezbollah or Mattress Mick - once they don't plaster it all over the front of the so-called replica
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:18pm
Hah, I think any new sponsor will be allowed to design the jersey, given the fact they will be able to name their terms. The FAI are totally over a barrel.

We'll could end up being sponsored by Orangina, going out in giant orange-shaped foam costumes, waddling about the pitch, because they offered €50 more.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
Bloody hell... is ther any level of the fai that hasnt been completely mismanaged? 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

I genuinely don't care if it's Hezbollah or Mattress Mick - once they don't plaster it all over the front of the so-called replica

That's big picture thinking
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 8:57pm
Some asian betting firm no doubt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:07pm
JDs solicitors, about time they gave something back.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:58pm
There will always be some corporation willing to pay. 

The question is though, what’s the sponsorship worth, and are the FAI now in a good negotiating position? Is there the expertise in the FAI to do the deal? Or else outsource it to kpmg and lose yet more €€. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:15pm
Is it just me or does anyone else find the ''sponsorless jersey please'' reactions absolutely mind boggling in light of the fact that this debt figure on Friday is rumoured to be 50 or 60 million, and there's talk of the stadium stake being sold ?? Can people genuinely not make a connection or are these the fantasy clothing version of the fantasy football team lads ? 

Short of William Hill taking over the sponsorship and plastering a Union Jack on the front of it, I'd say pretty much any half serious sponsor will be considered, in fact if they were allowed put sponsorship on the back, sleeves, shorts & socks, that's exactly what they would be doing. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else find the ''sponsorless jersey please'' reactions absolutely mind boggling in light of the fact that this debt figure on Friday is rumoured to be 50 or 60 million, and there's talk of the stadium stake being sold ?? Can people genuinely not make a connection or are these the fantasy clothing version of the fantasy football team lads ? 

Short of William Hill taking over the sponsorship and plastering a Union Jack on the front of it, I'd say pretty much any half serious sponsor will be considered, in fact if they were allowed put sponsorship on the back, sleeves, shorts & socks, that's exactly what they would be doing. 

Just had a rant on a watsapp group within the last hour about the same thing. Few lads saying it'll be great to get a sponserless shirt. Ffs the place is burning to the ground, debt up to the eyeballs and jobs soon to be slashed. And all they want is a sponsor free Jersey. 

Wtf Angry

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

With 3 ending their sponsorship I wonder who will be our new sponsor? Any ideas?
Vladimir Putin ?
Tony Soprano ?
Lehman Brothers ?
Anglo Irish Bank ?
Del Trotter ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:13am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Just had a rant on a watsapp group within the last hour about the same thing. Few lads saying it'll be great to get a sponserless shirt. Ffs the place is burning to the ground, debt up to the eyeballs and jobs soon to be slashed. And all they want is a sponsor free Jersey. 

Wtf Angry

I don't think there's any way of stopping the place burning down at this stage. It's just a matter of time now. As for the sponsor free jersey, I don't think it makes a bit of difference. The sponsorship deal will be practically worthless at this stage now. As mentioned, the only ones probably willing to pay anything above a pittance will be bookmaker firms, and that stuff should be illegal and hopefully will be soon.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 7:34am
Thr Irish Indo saying 3 pulled out at the last minute after having agreed a 10m euros deal ?

Edited by Double Maxim - 05 Dec 2019 at 7:35am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Thr Irish Indo saying 3 pulled out at the last minute after having agreed a 10m euros deal ?

Pretty apt as I would say there has been a few lads who have pulled out at the last minute with a jersey on 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic