You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 8:58pm
Good to see there are rest days before th4 round of 16. Would have done us the world of good vs france 4 years ago 
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

So if ireland and England both come second in their groups, it's Ireland Vs England in the last 16?

Yep in Copenhagen

We should look to win the group and then we would be playing a 3rd place team.

The 1/4 final would be tough but as PM says once you get to the last 8 anything can happen. 

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

If we qualify, it looks like we are drawn to be the away team in both Dublin fixtures, so I assume its the away kit for those games, which will be odd.

And we are drawn to be the home team in Bilbao.

LOL

I read it like the posts that say, "The easiest way to get to Dublin on matchday is fly from Dublin, via Paris, back to Edinburgh, and land in Dublin airport shortly before KO. For accomodation do same, to avoid costs of hotels."  LOL

We will be away to Poland in Dublin if we qualify anyway LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Wouldn't feel like much of a home game if we were playing Poland in the Aviva with the serious numbers of Polish that turn up. 

Don't worry Dave. We won't be playing.

LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:27pm
It’s on course to be the worst tournament of all time 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If we qualify we'll make sure and play our part
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The EIRE v England match in the 1990 world cup is widely considered to be one of the worst matches in world cup history.

EIRE v Egypt was worseCool
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

What happens is Romania qualify ? Given they were drawn in Group F and that in theory is Munich and Budapest

Well spotted, good man. That's why Uefa's website now has Pot A and Pot D as options for either France's group or Nederland's group. Must be depending on whether Romania qualify or not. 

During the draw they had allocated Playoff A and Playoff D winners to a single group, not 2 different potential groups I'm fairly sure. As we said before, Uefa don't know their own rules!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm

We’ll not qualify

It’s almost as if they sat in UEFA headquarters saying to themselves how can we make this as complicated and as f**ked up a tournament as possible 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

when are game times announced for all the matches? 

Read the thread they have been posted   already
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

when are game times announced for all the matches? 

Read the thread they have been posted   already

Read the thread I posted the link to all the matches Wink
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:53pm
Save yous the suspense. We're not qualifying.

Unless we see an actual total change in brand of football compared to the  dross of the last 3 years, then we're DOA.

Never mind the fact that stats and history is not on our side. Quick research shows that we've only won back-to-back competitive away games on two occasions in the last 20-years. And on both of those occasions at least one of the teams you would consider bottom pot material. 

I can put my head in the sand over the stats and history, but when you marry it with our septic performances, all the positively in the world can't deny the inevitable outcome that's coming our way. And we have 4 months to suffer it.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:02am
2 draws win both on penalties 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The EIRE v England match in the 1990 world cup is widely considered to be one of the worst matches in world cup history.

EIRE v Egypt was worseCool

Could easily be the worst ever. Football never broke out during it at all. Played in horrendous weather with Gary Lineker sh1tting himself in the middle of it. That's pretty special.

The English bookies have now installed England as favourites because their group draw is among the easiest. Last 16 looking tough though.It'll all end in tears for them as usual probably, in Dublin hopefully.
Maybe they'll have a go at wrecking Lansdown road mark two for the 25th anniversary.  
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:08am

That was the reply I was about to type out for Banjaxed after his post.  

Portugal won Euro 2016 through draws and penalties. They didn't win a single game in their group. 

We don't need to win a single game in March. 

C.O.Y.B.I.G. 🇮🇪

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 01 Dec 2019 at 12:08am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Portugal won Euro 2016 through draws and penalties. They didn't win a single game in their group. 

C.O.Y.B.I.G. 🇮🇪

LOL

Yeah, but we're sh!te. And they had (forget the other Portuguese players) Ronaldo.

Yous are crazy basterds to actually go through the next 4 months thinking we'll get through.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

C.O.Y.B.I.G. 🇮🇪

LOL

Yeah, but we're sh!te. And they had (forget the other Portuguese players) Ronaldo.

Yous are crazy basterds to actually go through the next 4 months thinking we'll get through.

I don't think we will go through. But we have a chance. And it's not a 1 in 20 year chance of winning 2 away games in 5 days. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Save yous the suspense. We're not qualifying.

Unless we see an actual total change in brand of football compared to the  dross of the last 3 years, then we're DOA.

Never mind the fact that stats and history is not on our side. Quick research shows that we've only won back-to-back competitive away games on two occasions in the last 20-years. And on both of those occasions at least one of the teams you would consider bottom pot material. 

I can put my head in the sand over the stats and history, but when you marry it with our septic performances, all the positively in the world can't deny the inevitable outcome that's coming our way. And we have 4 months to suffer it.

I'm tempted to agree with you 'but' there's a voice in my head saying central European teams like Slovakia and Balkan sides like Bosnia don't like playing against us and hate our physicality.

I do think that a penalty shoot out will come into play if we are to qualify, given the amount of away draws we get.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic