Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They have made a mess of it, I just don’t know if it was deliberate or not.

Having originally been Blatter's great pal (heir presumptive?) at FIFA, Platini then fell out with him.

I reckon this farce of a tournament was Platini's idea to reinforce his powerbase at UEFA - i.e. divide the sweeties amongst as many Associations (i.e. votes) as possible.

Tbh, I've never liked Platini, ever since he sabotaged the career of fellow French international Jean-Francois Larios, who was all set to sign for Spurs, all because Larios had the temerity to be knobbing Platini's missus:

I mean, if she could "take one for the team", I don't see why he couldn't have - he was team captain, after all!

Was this not exactly why this tournament came to be, Platini buying political votes for years to come? It's clearly an utter nonsense of a setup. They might as well be giving Israel games to host to spread the tournament further and wider. Tournament for the fans my hole.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Just give it to Germany permanently 

Yeah, with the final in WeltHauptStadt Germania.

Wait a second....
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:56pm
My Euro 2020 was in Tbilisi last October. It was a great few days. I thought the venue was great. It was beneficial for the fans, the locals and the Georgian economy. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:04pm
Thought I heard on the radio earlier that we play Bosnia in a third/fourth place play off..cant understand the reason for this but suppose it gives sk another game to work with the players if true
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Benhur Benhur wrote:

Thought I heard on the radio earlier that we play Bosnia in a third/fourth place play off..cant understand the reason for this but suppose it gives sk another game to work with the players if true

a playoff for what LOL

another shot of getting in? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:18pm
I believe there was a gentlemans agreement made between the countries for the losers to play each other as both Bosnia and North would have been preparing for another game 4 days later so they would have had the resources already set up for that.

Given that it is a month away now perhaps that doesn't necessarily have to happen 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I believe there was a gentlemans agreement made between the countries for the losers to play each other as both Bosnia and North would have been preparing for another game 4 days later so they would have had the resources already set up for that.

Given that it is a month away now perhaps that doesn't necessarily have to happen 

Would be good to have the game for further development but don't think there would be the appetite for it with Covid 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Would be good to have the game for further development but don't think there would be the appetite for it with Covid 

That's exactly what I meant, if you look at the friendlies played majority were close enough to each other.

I'd suggested playing England who are supposed to be playing NZ even though I don't think getting Hammered by them would be a good confidence builder
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 11:09pm
Those English lads are would be a bigger Covid risk than the bosnians! 

Yeah wouldn't dance meeting England yet.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:43pm
Russia the early favourite going by Emmet Malone's latest tweet 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:46pm
Would make sense under current circumstances to try and host it in one country.
Just hope they don't push Germany 2024 back 4 years. 
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:48pm
should be England 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

They'd have the infrastructure alright and would be one of the few that could host at short notice. Main concern would be  how honest they are with the infection situation.  

If they were to go with a safe pair of hands it's hard to look past Germany. Main issue there of course is do they then host two Euros in a row

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Nov 2020 at 5:54pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 6:51pm
They can do with they want, once i get my ticket money back 

Was looking forward to the Poland vs Slovakia/N Ireland game with the fanzone and that but what can ya do 

Edited by Healy52003 - 02 Nov 2020 at 6:52pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Makes sense as they have the infrastructure and will be able to police it.
I assume no fans or limited numbers.

England could hold it but they have a lot of Nationalities so there would be big crowds in ‘unofficial’ fan zones.

Germany have the next one so prob don’t want the hassle. 

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:19pm
They should run it off as a Blitz in Trabolgan. Sorted.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:57pm
Hope they announce this soon and reopen the refund portal. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:24pm
I have tickets to the last 16 game in Dublin, If the tickets were still valid I'd still consider going.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic