You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Prepare for penos lads and lassies
Paddy power has it as it the favourite way for the match to be decided.

Slovakia to win in 90 is 6/5, 7/2 either team win on pens 
Oh yeah I missed the 90 minute markets Geek
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:20pm
Just looking at flights from Vienna and Munich currently to Sarajevo. Say staying Friday in Vienna or Bratislava. Austrian Airlines is about €280 presently return Saturday to Wednesday. Going out Monday from Vienna is  almost €400 return. Munich is €260 going out Saturday to Wednesday. €390 going Monday to Wednesday  return from Munich. So it's not going to be cheap to get from Dublin to Sarajevo, when you add in the cost of the Dublin flight to any hub flying to Bosnia. 

The bus one way direct from Vienna to Sarajevo takes around 12 hours and is €42 one way. Flixbus. 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Just looking at flights from Vienna and Munich currently to Sarajevo. Say staying Friday in Vienna or Bratislava. Austrian Airlines is about €280 presently return Saturday to Wednesday. Going out Monday from Vienna is  almost €400 return. Munich is €260 going out Saturday to Wednesday. €390 going Monday to Wednesday  return from Munich. So it's not going to be cheap to get from Dublin to Sarajevo, when you add in the cost of the Dublin flight to any hub flying to Bosnia.Sleepy
The bus one way direct from Vienna to Sarajevo takes around 12 hours and is €42 one way. Flixbus. 
I'd rather die in a plane crash.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Just looking at flights from Vienna and Munich currently to Sarajevo. Say staying Friday in Vienna or Bratislava. Austrian Airlines is about €280 presently return Saturday to Wednesday. Going out Monday from Vienna is  almost €400 return. Munich is €260 going out Saturday to Wednesday. €390 going Monday to Wednesday  return from Munich. So it's not going to be cheap to get from Dublin to Sarajevo, when you add in the cost of the Dublin flight to any hub flying to Bosnia.Sleepy
I'd rather die in a plane crash.
That's the way i would be doing it , love an old bus trip Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:37pm
€65 flight from Berlin to Sarajevo on the Monday. EasyJet do cheap flights from Vienna for around €20 to Berlin last time i checked as well
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

€65 flight from Berlin to Sarajevo on the Monday. EasyJet do cheap flights from Vienna for around €20 to Berlin last time i checked as well

Was having a look at this earlier ,I’m down south so I see Kerry fly Berlin the day before for €15.

Stuttgart fly direct as well and Vienna is an option if I decide to go straight from Bratislava 

Plenty of options.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 12:27pm
The Budapest to Sarajevo Wizzair flights are about €135 return now. It's not what they were, but it's still probably the best and cheapest way there, from Bratislava at least. That's for Sunday to Wednesday.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 12:46pm
It probably won't suit most, but for those on a budget night bus from Budapest to Sarajevo is €10
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

It probably won't suit most, but for those on a budget night bus from Budapest to Sarajevo is €10

I’d rather pay €200 for a flight LOL
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The Budapest to Sarajevo Wizzair flights are about €135 return now. It's not what they were, but it's still probably the best and cheapest way there, from Bratislava at least. That's for Sunday to Wednesday.

Saw that SD. But it'll be a lot more depending on our results, and if we can get on that  flight. I suspect the flights all round will soar. 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:32pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Saw that SD. But it'll be a lot more depending on our results, and if we can get on that  flight. I suspect the flights all round will soar. 

To be honest its only 135 given the amount who've already booked it just incase.  A cheap route at short notice will be nearly impossible.

That wizz air flight was €50-60 before the playoff draw and went up literally straight away 

Edited by wanderer - 28 Jan 2020 at 3:44pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

I'd probably suck that up if we are off to Bosnia. An overnight bus wouldn't be too bad - few hours sleep and have your Netflix/Podcasts downloaded and it wouldn't be too bad
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 12:22pm
Wizzair fare lock is also an option but it only works for 48 hours and you can only use it for flights at least 7 days away, so it only works for the flight home on Wednesday 1 April.

You'd need to do the fare lock between 23:45 GMT on Tuesday 24 March (maximum 48 hours before the end of the matches, allowing for extra time and penalties) and 08:45 GMT on Wednesday 25 March (7 days before the flight departure, which is at 10:45 local time in Bosnia, so 7 days before is 08:45 GMT, because of the one hour time difference and the one hour DST change), wait til after the Slovakia game and then finalise the booking if we win and Bosnia win, or else leave it if they don't both win. You still need to get a route out to Bosnia but that could be a cheap route home.

Plus you'd still need to book a flight home from Budapest.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:52pm
@Superdave or anyone else who may know, I had a late flight booked to Luton on Mar 30th and then a red eye to Sarajevo on match day. The red eye has been cancelled. I have the young lads confirmation nonsense on the 30th so my window for travel is limited. I’ve searched flights to every Bosnian airport, and although there are cheap options, they just wont work for me. Any tips on the best options outside of bosnia if I arrive on the matchday?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

@Superdave or anyone else who may know, I had a late flight booked to Luton on Mar 30th and then a red eye to Sarajevo on match day. The red eye has been cancelled. I have the young lads confirmation nonsense on the 30th so my window for travel is limited. I’ve searched flights to every Bosnian airport, and although there are cheap options, they just wont work for me. Any tips on the best options outside of bosnia if I arrive on the matchday?

Assume you have seen Lufthansa via Munich.  285 one way though.  
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Assume you have seen Lufthansa via Munich.  285 one way though.  
Yeah Gary spotted it alright, its on the reserve list. Cheers.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:57pm

Ruinair 20.35 Dublin to Vienna on 30th €22 -bus/taxi to Bratislava- Wizz 07.50 Bratislava to Tuzla on 31st €30, gets to Tuzla @9am, most of the day to get to Zenica. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:01pm
Is the Dublin to Zadar flight with Ryanair any way useful for you sham on the 30th leaving at 18.50 ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
  Share Topic