You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

You can make a case for any of the four countries in our playoff.  The reality is that it is tough to call any of the games.  I would expect extra time and possibly a PSO in at least one of the three games in our playoff.  
That game would will be our game gspain knowing how MmcC will set up against Slovakia, a nervy night for us suffering fans LOL

1-1 in Bratislava & 0-0 in Belfast with us qualifying after 2 PSO wins.  Big smile

I'm booking a cardioligist appointment now for April 1st to get in ahead of the rush.  Big smile   

Just talking to a friend who reckons he will go to Sarajevo anyway unless we are heading to Belfast.  I didn't think too many would but I suppose if you have the time booked off.  I'm only going if we end up there.    
Same here if we beat Slovakia and it is to be against Bosnia will head over but will be heading home regardless after the Slovakia game then back out please god
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

You can make a case for any of the four countries in our playoff.  The reality is that it is tough to call any of the games.  I would expect extra time and possibly a PSO in at least one of the three games in our playoff.  
That game would will be our game gspain knowing how MmcC will set up against Slovakia, a nervy night for us suffering fans LOL

1-1 in Bratislava & 0-0 in Belfast with us qualifying after 2 PSO wins.  Big smile

I'm booking a cardioligist appointment now for April 1st to get in ahead of the rush.  Big smile   

Just talking to a friend who reckons he will go to Sarajevo anyway unless we are heading to Belfast.  I didn't think too many would but I suppose if you have the time booked off.  I'm only going if we end up there.    

Thinking of doing the same, a lot of holidays needed though.
Yep got six days holidays covered for this , hey what can you do but in the 2nd half of the year i will pay for it but that's life .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm

Same here if we beat Slovakia and it is to be against Bosnia will head over but will be heading home regardless after the Slovakia game then back out please god

Time booked off and the flights there were about 200 for me, so I think I'll go there anyway
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:45am
There’s cheap flights (€17)from split to Gatwick on 1st April If anybody is looking for another option to get home. 4 hour transfer from Sarajevo to split about €250. Wouldn’t be bad between 4 or more. Don’t think train is an option going from
Bosnia to Croatia. Unless Superdave has a route up his sleeve. 
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by PJIRELAND PJIRELAND wrote:

There’s cheap flights (€17)from split to Gatwick on 1st April If anybody is looking for another option to get home. 4 hour transfer from Sarajevo to split about €250. Wouldn’t be bad between 4 or more. Don’t think train is an option going from
Bosnia to Croatia. Unless Superdave has a route up his sleeve. 
Check out buses PJ Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:26pm
8 hours on a bus after a week on the beer is not too appealing! 
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:29pm
If a group of ye are still looking to take a gamble there are flights from Dublin to Zadar out on the 29th or 30th and return on the 1st for about 70 euro, now its a 4 and half hour trip down with car hire probably best option but between 4 people at the least won’t work out to bad if on a Tightish budget

Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:42pm
Has a KO time been confirmed for this game ?

Just got this..

Play-off semi-finals

Thursday 26 March 2020
Path A: Iceland v Romania, Bulgaria v Hungary
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina v Northern Ireland, Slovakia v Republic of Ireland
Path C: Scotland v Israel, Norway v Serbia (18:00 CET)
Path D: Georgia v Belarus (18:00 CET), North Macedonia v Kosovo 

Play-off finals

Tuesday 31 March 2020
Path A: Bulgaria/Hungary v Iceland/Romania
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina/Northern Ireland v Slovakia/Republic of Ireland
Path C: Norway/Serbia v Scotland/Israel

20.45 CET

Path D: Georgia/Belarus v North Macedonia/Kosovo (18:00 CET)

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 16 Jan 2020 at 12:45pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Has a KO time been confirmed for this game ?

Just got this..

Play-off semi-finals

Thursday 26 March 2020
Path A: Iceland v Romania, Bulgaria v Hungary
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina v Northern Ireland, Slovakia v Republic of Ireland
Path C: Scotland v Israel, Norway v Serbia (18:00 CET)
Path D: Georgia v Belarus (18:00 CET), North Macedonia v Kosovo 

Play-off finals

Tuesday 31 March 2020
Path A: Bulgaria/Hungary v Iceland/Romania
Path B: Bosnia and Herzegovina/Northern Ireland v Slovakia/Republic of Ireland
Path C: Norway/Serbia v Scotland/Israel

20.45 CET

Path D: Georgia/Belarus v North Macedonia/Kosovo (18:00 CET)

Yep. KO's are all 20:45 CET unless stated
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:51pm
Is Zenica confirmed to be the venue if this match actually takes place? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:03am
Many booked on the Ryanair flights out of Budapest on the 1st back to Dublin ?
just seeing which is better the half 2 and half 4 flight, haven't flown out of there before so not sure what it's like to transfer from one airline to the next.

Better to book now just incase.

Edited by wanderer - 23 Jan 2020 at 8:13am
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

just seeing which is better the half 2 and half 4 flight, haven't flown out of there before so not sure what it's like to transfer from one airline to the next.

I'm on it.  Booked the early one before Wizzair moved.  Still reckon 2 hours is fine.  Aer Lingus also have a flight that day.  

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:56am

I'm on it.  Booked the early one before Wizzair moved.  Still reckon 2 hours is fine.  Aer Lingus also have a flight that day.  

2hr 40m is plenty of a layover, Budapest is a nice airport with a half decent sports bar too. I'm on that  sjj-bud-dub route too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:39am
Flying from Prague Direct to Dublin on Saturday €48. Cheeky Friday night in Prague after the game, Train up from Bratislava for €18 accommodation dirt cheap!
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:52am
Yip, on earlier flight also.. There was more time originally between flights, but wizz air changed the flight times. Hoping the fog won't be bad leaving sarajevo 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Yip, on earlier flight also.. There was more time originally between flights, but wizz air changed the flight times. Hoping the fog won't be bad leaving sarajevo 
Should be grand now with the later take off time.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 3:03pm
Anyone got accommodation booked on free cancellation in Sarajevo?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 3:28pm

Anyone got accommodation booked on free cancellation in Sarajevo?
Yes, staying in Sarajevo center apartments right next to cheers pub, free cancellation expires day after Slovakia game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic