You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:36am
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of Sarajevo airport? I have an early flight back, are the security queues long?

I had a 06.00 flight the day after the last  match , no issues at that time (apart from fog) 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:49am

Does anyone have any experience of Sarajevo airport? I have an early flight back, are the security queues long?

Was there the last time, don't recall it being a long or slow queue.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Was there the last time, don't recall it being a long or slow queue.
No problems in the airport, very handy. Short spin in a taxi too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 7:36pm
I’ve nothing done for this and most likely won’t until we’ve knocked out Slovakia. I’ve a funny feeling we’ll be heading for Belfast though if we do win.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

I’ve nothing done for this and most likely won’t until we’ve knocked out Slovakia. I’ve a funny feeling we’ll be heading for Belfast though if we do win.

Regardless of whether we beat Slovakia or not, I can't see the north beating Bosnia away, based on their Nations League games alone
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:01pm
Just thinking it would be a bit of a hoot for the locals  having two lots of Irish fans visit inside one week 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just thinking it would be a bit of a hoot for the locals  having two lots of Irish fans visit inside one week 
LOL we can only hope murph 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:06pm

Image result for sister michael
Just remember, we're the goodies
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm

Except them lads that sing God Save the Queen and carry union jacks aren't Irish.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Except them lads that sing God Save the Queen and carry union jacks aren't Irish.
They are, they mostly just don’t realise it [yet] and those that do try to outdo themselves to be more British than the actual British.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:53am
Should be pretty confusing for them (the Bosnians) all the same seeing one group of football fans in green singing about how British they are, and a few days later seeing another group in green singing about how British they're not
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 9:24am

Regardless of whether we beat Slovakia or not, I can't see the north beating Bosnia away, based on their Nations League games alone

If you’re basing it on the Nations League games performance wise, Bosnia will have their work cut out to beat N.I. The north were very unlucky in both those games and arguably deserved 3 if not 4 points. If they had a decent finisher they would have.

They’ve been more attacking in this campaign but I’ve a feeling they’ll sit in and try and take it to extra time rather than go for it against Bosnia the way they did in the Nations league.

It’d be very foolish to write them off. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If you’re basing it on the Nations League games performance wise, Bosnia will have their work cut out to beat N.I. The north were very unlucky in both those games and arguably deserved 3 if not 4 points. If they had a decent finisher they would have.

They’ve been more attacking in this campaign but I’ve a feeling they’ll sit in and try and take it to extra time rather than go for it against Bosnia the way they did in the Nations league.

Potentially sure, but they are very inconsistent lately, and their form away has been shocking
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:19am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Potentially sure, but they are very inconsistent lately, and their form away has been shocking

Again, they lost away to Germany and Holland which'd be expected and they nearly got a draw in Rotterdam that night. Bosnia are a much weaker side than those two so I can't see it being won by more than a goal in it. Bosnia should still win all the same.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:23am

You can make a case for any of the four countries in our playoff.  The reality is that it is tough to call any of the games.  I would expect extra time and possibly a PSO in at least one of the three games in our playoff.  
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

You can make a case for any of the four countries in our playoff.  The reality is that it is tough to call any of the games.  I would expect extra time and possibly a PSO in at least one of the three games in our playoff.  
That game would will be our game gspain knowing how MmcC will set up against Slovakia, a nervy night for us suffering fans LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

That game would will be our game gspain knowing how MmcC will set up against Slovakia, a nervy night for us suffering fans LOL

1-1 in Bratislava & 0-0 in Belfast with us qualifying after 2 PSO wins.  Big smile

I'm booking a cardioligist appointment now for April 1st to get in ahead of the rush.  Big smile   

Just talking to a friend who reckons he will go to Sarajevo anyway unless we are heading to Belfast.  I didn't think too many would but I suppose if you have the time booked off.  I'm only going if we end up there.    
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

1-1 in Bratislava & 0-0 in Belfast with us qualifying after 2 PSO wins.  Big smile

I'm booking a cardioligist appointment now for April 1st to get in ahead of the rush.  Big smile   

Just talking to a friend who reckons he will go to Sarajevo anyway unless we are heading to Belfast.  I didn't think too many would but I suppose if you have the time booked off.  I'm only going if we end up there.    

Thinking of doing the same, a lot of holidays needed though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic