You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 12:04am
once they go to Ticketmaster sale and they are in the EU with us they cant refuse to sell them to us. 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:49am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

The north not giving us any extra tickets according to the independent
Wouldn't expect them too and tbf, they're both entitled not to and quite right not to in the the interest of their own fans.
Safe to say that's 1 ticket scrum I'm definitely staying out of (if that game does even happen). LOL

Any word yet on what the Slovaks are doing re the away tickets allocation btw? 
Minimum allocations are already known. Actual allocations (basically if were getting any extras)and venues (Slovakia/ Bosnia) will be confirmed in the next 2 weeks.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

once they go to Ticketmaster sale and they are in the EU with us they cant refuse to sell them to us. 
I strongly doubt any NI tickets will go on public sale on TM, Bosnia aren't in the EU. That leaves Slovakia and whilst it may be case that they cannot geo block, although I believe it has happened in cases already whereby sales were blocked to us, ‘security concerns’ could see warnings issued about buying home end tickets followed by away fans being denied entry. 

Just on the geo blocking, are companies (say a Slovak ticket selling site) not within their rights to determine as part of their business model that they only sell to their own national addresses acros the board regardless the event.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 8:24am

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

The north not giving us any extra tickets according to the independent
Wouldn't expect them too and tbf, they're both entitled not to and quite right not to in the the interest of their own fans.
Safe to say that's 1 ticket scrum I'm definitely staying out of (if that game does even happen). LOL

Any word yet on what the Slovaks are doing re the away tickets allocation btw? 
Minimum allocations are already known. Actual allocations (basically if were getting any extras)and venues (Slovakia/ Bosnia) will be confirmed in the next 2 weeks.
Thanks Sham. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:01am

Slovakia did sell to people with Welsh addresses in October.  However they would be entitled to refuse due to segregation issues.  

Northern Ireland tickets are unlikely to make a public sale.  Approx 17,500 home tickets, 14,000 Campaign Card holders, IFA staff and sponsors,  They have a members scheme and Linfield members also get offered tickets.  Only corporate tickets for the Dutch game made public sale IIRC.  They are of course right to look after their own fans.

Bosnia   - cannot recall any home end tickets being available last time.  No issue over there with away end last time so hard to know.  I suspect given the short turnaround and unless there is a day trip then we wouldn't have too many there.  Like some I've already booked but awkward and expensive to do so now and even more so on March 27th.   

Edited by gspain - 12 Dec 2019 at 11:03am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:07am
How many did we bring to Bosnia in the away playoff that time? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:10am
about 900 allegedly.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:48pm
Are the Slovaks are hostile bunch or is it more of a family affair at their matches? 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:51pm
hard to tell in the fog
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:14pm

hard to tell in the fog
were the Slovaks in zenica ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:28pm
they could have been
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Are the Slovaks are hostile bunch or is it more of a family affair at their matches? 

They seem to be an alright bunch. Their police take no chances on match day though, there tends to be plenty of them near stadium, accompanied by some big vicious looking dogs usually straining at their leash. 

For the game there in 2007, they seemed to be a bit spooked by the numbers of Irish turning up, and brought a water cannon (an old Soviet era one by the look of it, but still....) to outside the stadium to back up the many police and many dogs. I suppose to be fair to them, the water cannon may have been just as much for their own fans as us, but it's still the only time I've seen one near an Ireland game. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

They seem to be an alright bunch. Their police take no chances on match day though, there tends to be plenty of them near stadium, accompanied by some big vicious looking dogs usually straining at their leash. 

For the game there in 2007, they seemed to be a bit spooked by the numbers of Irish turning up, and brought a water cannon (an old Soviet era one by the look of it, but still....) to outside the stadium to back up the many police and many dogs. I suppose to be fair to them, the water cannon may have been just as much for their own fans as us, but it's still the only time I've seen one near an Ireland game. 

One of their German shephard dogs growled at me when I was getting a picture taken with them in the background in Zilina. I only stepped back a few feet and the cop warned me to keep my distance (probably for my own safety in fairness) LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:53am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Slovaks had a UVF flag hanging up too LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 11:21am
remember the double header in 2007 massive difference between the two cities. Prague so welcoming and bratislava most definitely not. It had improved a small bit last time but you had to be careful especially with the bouncers in a lot of pubs with the dubliner being particularly bad. I’ve worked with Slovaks and they say brat is completely different than the rest of the country.

The stadiums were kips the one in Bratislava especially  and the entrance to zelina was dangerous .  
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 3:06pm
Has the game been confirmed for Bratislava yet? Isn't the deadline to confirm around next week or so?
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Has the game been confirmed for Bratislava yet? Isn't the deadline to confirm around next week or so?

To be confirmed by 20th December (which probably means to be confirmed on 20th December). 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:01pm
What is everyone doing about this game? I just checked flight prices where I am and they are already more than 200 quid. A bit too steep a gamble, and don't know of any travel insurance who will pay out just for changing your mind and not going.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic