You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:42pm
There are a few options for this discussed in a few other threads and it is probably better to have them all in one place. Belfast doesn't need a thread.
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:56pm
I'm booked on the wizzair Budapest to Sarajevo route on the Sunday, That will do the job nicely, you could always throw a few quid on Ireland to advance against Slovakia to pay for your flights
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:04pm
Booked back via Budapest. Plan would probably be to stay out and spend a night or two in Tuzla. Not too interested in spending much time in Sarajevo again. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm
If we end up in Bosnia, I might well head down to Mostar on either Sunday or Monday for a day trip. I might even head to Mostar on Sunday afternoon, stay there Sunday night and head back up on Monday evening.

This is all hugely hypothetical of course: I'd put it at a 30% chance we end up in Bosnia.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:51pm
Booked on the wizzair flight from Budapest on the Sunday 29th and back via Budapest on the 1st April
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 6:51pm
Aye booked on the same flights out of Budapest to sarajevo the sun morning and back same way wed early, and back to Dublin on the ryanair.

Need to look at accommodation, had a very quick goo earlier and all free cancellation ran out 25th March coincidentally. 

Great trip last time here, can't see as many going or the craic being as good due to all the factors. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:16pm
Hotel Corner has free cancellation until 26 March. It has reasonably good reviews and is a decent enough price. I got a triple room for the three nights for €200. It has a decent enough location too: you want to be up near the bridge where Franz Ferdinand was assassinated.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:43pm
Ah lads
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Just looking to book accommodation on free cancellation just incase.

I presume Sarajevo is the place to be looking to stay and not Zenica?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:54pm
just book a free cancellation in both for now
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:57pm
Check the date though; a lot of them require cancellation by 25 March, which is no use.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Check the date though; a lot of them require cancellation by 25 March, which is no use.

Yeah  noticed that, managed to find one in Sarajevo with the 27th.
Just wasnt sure if most would base in Sarajevo and travel up and back 
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:05pm
We had buses on last time to get to and from Zenica. Would assume it'll be the same this time. Plus you'll probably want to be in Sarajevo to get to the airport early the next morning.

I've booked with free cancellation available until the day after the Slovakia match.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 8:04pm
the prices won’t change one iota between now and the match in most hotels/apartments. We’ll only have a handful of fans there. 700 the last time. Reckon half that if we do qualify.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 11:23pm
hire a bus or mini bus 

Edited by Missy - 24 Nov 2019 at 11:25pm
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:07pm
Think we will stay in Zenica, it's actually handier to get to than Sarajevo the way we are going (via Split)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 8:35pm
It's definitely a handier spot to get to if you are coming in from Budapest or Zagreb, too.

There's a bus every morning at 09:00 from Zagreb that goes to Zenica and it's only €20. It does take about 5h45m but it is an option.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's definitely a handier spot to get to if you are coming in from Budapest or Zagreb, too.

There's a bus every morning at 09:00 from Zagreb that goes to Zenica and it's only €20. It does take about 5h45m but it is an option.

Nothing at night back to Sarajevo is there ? Or best off arranging buses etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic