You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 72>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

I wonder will UEFA designate a higher proportion of away tickets for this game. There is no corresponding home fixture and there isn't any precedent for this that I'm aware of so no reason the default 5% should apply.

If they never fill their stadium for games then maybe the Slovak FA would give the 10%. 

When does that decision get annouced? I waiting on all that info before I book anything 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I wonder will UEFA designate a higher proportion of away tickets for this game. There is no corresponding home fixture and there isn't any precedent for this that I'm aware of so no reason the default 5% should apply.

If they never fill their stadium for games then maybe the Slovak FA would give the 10%. 

When does that decision get annouced? I waiting on all that info before I book anything 

Officially they have until 20th December to decide RE the stadium, not sure about ticket allocation

Edited by Darraghn92 - 21 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm
Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Officially they have until 20th December to decide RE the stadium, not sure about ticket allocation

Seemingly UEFA have confirmed that the 5% rule applies

We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Skelly Skelly wrote:

Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Seemingly UEFA have confirmed that the 5% rule applies

Yeah it always applies, it's the minimum they have to give, up to the associations then to come to an agreement if it's just 5% or any more. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:19am
But usually when there's an arrangement there's a second leg to haggle with. You give us 10% and we'll give you 10%. Ireland don't have much bargaining power here. There's no incentive for Slovakia to give up anything
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

But usually when there's an arrangement there's a second leg to haggle with. You give us 10% and we'll give you 10%. Ireland don't have much bargaining power here. There's no incentive for Slovakia to give up anything

Nope alot less bargaining power but they haven't sold out at all this campaign with pretty bad attendances, given that the incentive it a few extra euro probably. 

They also gave the welsh 2k tickets and definitely didn't get that in return, all we can do is wait and see
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Nope alot less bargaining power but they haven't sold out at all this campaign with pretty bad attendances, given that the incentive it a few extra euro probably. 

They also gave the welsh 2k tickets and definitely didn't get that in return, all we can do is wait and see

I'm sure they will sell out a playoff. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'm sure they will sell out a playoff. 

You would imagine so, but they had a chance to qualify the other night, albeit relying on Wales losing and it wasn't half full.

We'll just have to wait and see, imagine it'll be similar to Gibraltar 5 or 6 aways needed
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:09am

Slovakia wouldn't have taken 5200 to here anyway so it's a moot point. Our offer of 10% would have been irrelevant. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Slovakia wouldn't have taken 5200 to here anyway so it's a moot point. Our offer of 10% would have been irrelevant. 
Wasn't that part of the problem with the Denmark play-off 2 years ago - the FAI wanted to offer the Danes 10% of LR in return for 10% in Copenhagen but the Danish FA weren't interested in such a deal as they believed that their fans wouldn't be travelling to Dublin in big numbers?

If we only get 5% whether in Bratislava or Trnava, I'm already thinking I might as well stay at home as my record isn't great atm - nowhere near as good as it was when I applied for the Copenhagen playoff in a bigger stadium and I didn't even get into that so I certainly wouldn't fancy my chances this time. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Wasn't that part of the problem with the Denmark play-off 2 years ago - the FAI wanted to offer the Danes 10% of LR in return for 10% in Copenhagen but the Danish FA weren't interested in such a deal as they believed that their fans wouldn't be travelling to Dublin in big numbers?

If we only get 5% whether in Bratislava or Trnava, I'm already thinking I might as well stay at home as my record isn't great atm - nowhere near as good as it was when I applied for the Copenhagen playoff in a bigger stadium and I didn't even get into that so I certainly wouldn't fancy my chances this time. Cry

Can't remember what the criteria was for that playoff but given the amount of games since that have been under subscribed there wouldn't be huge numbers with the full 9/9, like i said we have 900 tickets in gib and it was 6/9 needed and some 5/9 also got tickets. Presuming based on that it'll be in or around 5 probably. 
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:37am
For Denmark it was 6 attended over the last two campaigns excluding Scotland
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:01pm

Can't remember what the criteria was for that playoff but given the amount of games since that have been under subscribed there wouldn't be huge numbers with the full 9/9, like i said we have 900 tickets in gib and it was 6/9 needed and some 5/9 also got tickets. Presuming based on that it'll be in or around 5 probably. 

6 aways! I missed out by one and ended up paying a fortune for a home end ticket! Won't be making the same mistake this time round.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

6 aways! I missed out by one and ended up paying a fortune for a home end ticket! Won't be making the same mistake this time round.

I'd imagine 6 would definitely be enough this time too ??
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:08pm
Another thing just occurred to me, say we get through to the final - how in God's name are the FAI then supposed to allocate tickets at just a few days' notice? It would obviously be local pick-up, but deciding who is entitled to a ticket in such a short time-frame...?
Have UEFA even considered this (apart from the nightmare of fans booking travel) when coming up with this format?*

* - Scratch that, stupid question - of course we all know the probable answer to that...Unhappy
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:11pm

Another thing just occurred to me, say we get through to the final - how in God's name are the FAI then supposed to allocate tickets at just a few days' notice? It would obviously be local pick-up, but deciding who is entitled to a ticket in such a short time-frame...?
Have UEFA even considered this (apart from the nightmare of fans booking travel) when coming up with this format?*

* - Scratch that, stupid question - of course we all know the probable answer to that...Unhappy

Easy enough done. You apply for the semi final and the final (if you want it) in one go. As you say, pick up at the location. 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Easy enough done. You apply for the semi final and the final (if you want it) in one go. As you say, pick up at the location. 

Yeah, same as Euros, get a voucher for a final ticket along with your semi final ticket, and exchange in Belfast or Sarajevo
Touts Out!
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
Tickets is Bosnia probably won't be an issue. There will be a core of people with pre-booked travel and a certain amount who will travel regardless, but the majority of fans won't be able to get reasonable flights to Bosnia booked on short notice. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 72>
  Share Topic