You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 72>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic
    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm
Whichever stadium the Slovaks do use (Trnava according to Wikipedia atm), it'll be a very small one, and roughly half the capacity of Parken Stadium in Copenhagen. Meanwhile, lads are hearing about bandwagonners already booking travel... Disapprove

Game isn't for another 4 months but sure we might as well get the mass panic started now... 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:47pm
Both England and Wales got allocation of 2000 tickets for recent away games in Slovakia so would have to imagine we will probably get something similar
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:50pm
I just got an email from the FAI saying I have been successful and will get 2 tickets
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Both England and Wales got allocation of 2000 tickets for recent away games in Slovakia so would have to imagine we will probably get something similar
So if we get 2k tickets as well then I presume that would be about 1,400 for the Fans Direct/supporters clubs since that allocation has gone up to a more respectable 70%?

Could still be tight for a lot of us. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I just got an email from the FAI saying I have been successful and will get 2 tickets
Which hotel/airport bar did you bump into JD while absolutely buckled to get that one? LOL

You may make the most of it now that JD has gone. Wink
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:06am
There'll be no disco train in Slovakia.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:48am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Hopefully but will of course still not match demand. Probably going to need a decent away record 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:26am
Is it the last 10 competitive away games and season ticket which determines ticket distribution?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Is it the last 10 competitive away games and season ticket which determines ticket distribution?

Gibraltar was season ticket & 6 of the last 9 and including friendlies, presuming the same criteria it'll be,

Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark, Denmark (NL), Poland (Friendly), Wales (NL), France (Friendly), Turkey (Friendly), Georgia (WC).

If it's tight I'd guess maybe 5 of those 9, but its a complete guess.

Probably fairest way to do it would be to base it off the current campaign minus Gibraltar 

Edited by wanderer - 20 Nov 2019 at 1:28pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:12pm
Cheers. I've zero chance of getting a ticket at that rate 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Gibraltar was season ticket & 6 of the last 9 and including friendlies, presuming the same criteria it'll be,

Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark, Denmark (NL), Poland (Friendly), Wales (NL), France (Friendly), Turkey (Friendly), Georgia (WC).

Probably fairest way to do it would be to base it off the current campaign minus Gibraltar 

But Gibraltar was at a tiny stadium that only had a capacity of 2k for international matches.  How many did we have at that game - was it something like 900?

Hopefully, if we get at least 2k tickets for Trnava, those of us with patchy away records might have more of a chance?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

But Gibraltar was at a tiny stadium that only had a capacity of 2k for international matches.  How many did we have at that game - was it something like 900?

Hopefully, if we get at least 2k tickets for Trnava, those of us with patchy away records might have more of a chance?
900 and tickets and criteria was as above, we're only entitled to little over 1k for Slovakia if its in Trnava, hopefully we get 2k but if not it'll be tight
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
I'd be curious to see what kind of a following we have for this one. Despite it being the distance of Dublin to Drogheda away from Vienna, it will seem a lot further in the casual fan's mind as its an 'eastern' country. It's not the most glamorous opponent, no big Premier League names, likely to be in Trnava, not very many direct flights to Bratislava. These are all minor details - Trnava is only up the road and flying to vienna is essentially a direct flight, but this only holds when you put thought into it. I think casual fans could look at it and be turned off by that.

No doubt we will still bring a big following, but i'd expect a good bit less than the Denmark playoff in 2017 for example.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 20 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I'd be curious to see what kind of a following we have for this one. Despite it being the distance of Dublin to Drogheda away from Vienna, it will seem a lot further in the casual fan's mind as its an 'eastern' country. It's not the most glamorous opponent, no big Premier League names, likely to be in Trnava, not very many direct flights to Bratislava. These are all minor details - Trnava is only up the road and flying to vienna is essentially a direct flight, but this only holds when you put thought into it. I think casual fans could look at it and be turned off by that.

No doubt we will still bring a big following, but i'd expect a good bit less than the Denmark playoff in 2017 for example.
Hope you're right.  And hopefully the FD/SC allocation being brought up to 70% will help make a difference.  And hopefully the FAI are able to get at least 2k tickets (if not more). Thumbs Up

Suppose no-one knows at this stage when we can expect to hear from the FAI about how big an allocation we may get, btw?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:56pm

Hope you're right.  And hopefully the FD/SC allocation being brought up to 70% will help make a difference.  And hopefully the FAI are able to get at least 2k tickets (if not more). Thumbs Up

Suppose no-one knows at this stage when we can expect to hear from the FAI about how big an allocation we may get, btw?

Slovakia have until 20th December to confirm stadium so probably sometime in January maybe 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm

Slovakia have until 20th December to confirm stadium so probably sometime in January maybe 
Thanks W. Thumbs Up
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:30pm
Can anyone who is close to the FAI get a breakdown over this campaign on what the actual take-up of our away tickets was between Fans Direct/Supporters' Clubs and the Football Family?

I'd imagine the proportion from Fans Direct/SCs was higher than 70%. We should be pushing for this higher percentage to be applied for the play off as it will be a fair representation of what the actual split is

Edited by belt - 20 Nov 2019 at 4:31pm
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
We were given 2300 for the WCQ v Denmark 2 years back with 7k applications according to the FAI. The requirement was 6 aways in the last two campaigns, so I wonder would it be much different this time or would the increased allocation for independent fans and SC make a difference?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 72>
  Share Topic