You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

We could literally charter a train from Trnava to Bratislava. I'm not sure if we'd need to charter it both ways (it might make sense to allow people make their own way up from Bratislavav - there are loads of local trains) but a Trnava - Bratislava charter at about half eleven or midnight would be perfect and would allow for extra time and penalties, if needs be.

Obviously that depends on the game being in Trnava but if it is confirmed for Trnava, I might look into chartering a train. There'll be loads of takers, no doubt. The email address for Slovak railways was easily enough found: if they can put on a train that holds 500 people for less than €10 a head, I'd say we are golden.

I know most of our lads would be all over that. Might be worth starting a list if Trnava is confirmed.

Assume you'll be running there and back Craig??
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:41pm
The Strip clubs sound great craic
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

I was in Copenhagen and Geneva, was also in Paris for the friendly so 3/10 that are counted I believe. Should I be ok for a ticket?

It was last 9 used for Gibraltar but 3 probably not. I'd say maybe 5 might be needed for this 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

We could literally charter a train from Trnava to Bratislava. I'm not sure if we'd need to charter it both ways (it might make sense to allow people make their own way up from Bratislavav - there are loads of local trains) but a Trnava - Bratislava charter at about half eleven or midnight would be perfect and would allow for extra time and penalties, if needs be.

Obviously that depends on the game being in Trnava but if it is confirmed for Trnava, I might look into chartering a train. There'll be loads of takers, no doubt. The email address for Slovak railways was easily enough found: if they can put on a train that holds 500 people for less than €10 a head, I'd say we are golden.

This is SD's Cup Final, right here.

Honest question here SD: Have you asked Slovakian Railways can you have a go at driving the train also? 

And is he providing free beer?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:38pm

Honest question here SD: Have you asked Slovakian Railways can you have a go at driving the train also? 
LOLhes absolutely buzzin with this one,make it happen folksClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:14pm

LOL That's his grave stone epitah sorted so  
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:26pm
I don't even care if I get a ticket. I'm going for SD's chartered train alone
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
I am staying in trnava but would get it SmileSmileSmile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 1:26am
Honestly, if the game is in Trnava, and if I can charter a train for 500-1,000 at a reasonable cost, I'll charter a train, post up here the screenshots of the costs and take a per person revolut for the per person cost. I won't ask to drive... much and all as I'd love it.

And on the free beer point: there'll be no free beer, but I'll damn well expect that *I'll* drink for free for the whole trip for organising the train!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:30am

Honestly, if the game is in Trnava, and if I can charter a train for 500-1,000 at a reasonable cost, I'll charter a train, post up here the screenshots of the costs and take a per person revolut for the per person cost. I won't ask to drive... much and all as I'd love it.

And on the free beer point: there'll be no free beer, but I'll damn well expect that *I'll* drink for free for the whole trip for organising the train!

Of course, we could all throw in an extra few euro to hire a throne. You could sit on it in first class and the rest of us can queue up to pay tributes (free beer).
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:58am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Of course, we could all throw in an extra few euro to hire a throne. You could sit on it in first class and the rest of us can queue up to pay tributes (free beer).

I'm picturing a train like Kim Jong Un travels on!
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:04am

You already have gobsh*te status for posting up flights earlier and now you have superhero status for organizing a f**king train. Some week for you kid 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:23am
I was checking Bratislava hotels on booking.com last night as a back up to Trnava. Some of the hotels were saying that the free cancellation policy only applies up to 93 days before the first day of your stay, so if you cancel within 93 days of your stay they take the full price. Pretty cheeky. That's only a few weeks from now. Anyway, check the small print on your reservations.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I was checking Bratislava hotels on booking.com last night as a back up to Trnava. Some of the hotels were saying that the free cancellation policy only applies up to 93 days before the first day of your stay, so if you cancel within 93 days of your stay they take the full price. Pretty cheeky. That's only a few weeks from now. Anyway, check the small print on your reservations.

Most are staying in Bratislava anyway, don't see the point of staying in Trnava, by all accounts there isn't much to see or do up there, but yeah each place has a different policy, should give you a date when you book thats the cut off for free cancellation
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:49am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Most are staying in Bratislava anyway, don't see the point of staying in Trnava, by all accounts there isn't much to see or do up there, 

There's not much more to do in Bratislava, except take up.residence in The Dubliner. 

Vienna is the nearest tourist city..But in March, you could get any kind of weather in that part of Europe.

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:53am
Staying in Trnava myself. I’m sure there’ll be enough there to keep us occupied for two days.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Most are staying in Bratislava anyway, don't see the point of staying in Trnava, by all accounts there isn't much to see or do up there, 

There's not much more to do in Bratislava, except take up.residence in The Dubliner. 

Vienna is the nearest tourist city..But in March, you could get any kind of weather in that part of Europe.

Wont be going near the dubliner anyway, a kip by all accounts.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Staying in Trnava myself. I’m sure there’ll be enough there to keep us occupied for two days.

I'm sure there will be, just looks like the majority are in Bratislava and if the game is in trnava then I'm sure something will be sorted buses, train etc.

In an ideal world the fai would organise it and for example a match ticket is your ticket to a bus or train too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
  Share Topic