You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:22pm
Travel & Accomm thread
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:42pm
Yay.

Was tracking the direct Bratislava flights all week and Ryanair rumbled it on Monday afternoon. €55 until Sunday, up to €80 then €200 plus on Monday before the match.

Booked via Vienna on my phone on way out of the stadium on Monday!  Smile

Edited by Mr_T - 19 Nov 2019 at 9:43pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
I wouldn't worry about costs. It's in the middle of Europe with Vienna airport only down the road.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:54pm
hotels are still cheap at minute,flights have jumped in price a little but nothing mad....
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Booked up, Dublin to Bratislava on the Tuesday €22
Vienna to Dublin  €33 Saturday Morning
Hope uefa don't screw us over now
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Going to wait until after Friday when all of this is confirmed.

Dont trust UEFA basically 
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

hotels are still cheap at minute,flights have jumped in price a little but nothing mad....

Bratislave return over €300 now and was €55 two days ago.  Was so tempted to book at risk but didnt want to be a jinxy ba$tard.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:06pm
Details to be confirmed tomorrow according to the independent.

Plenty of routes to get there 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:36pm
Currently €39.99 Ryanair Dublin to Prague on Wednesday 25 March at 12:05, landing 15:30.

The train takes just over four hours from Prague to Bratislava and costs €13 in advance or €29 on the day.

I should make the 17:44 train, arriving 21:50 (it's about 40m by bus from Prague airport to the main station).

I'll book it for €13 and if I miss it, at least I will still have the option of the 19:44 train, arriving 23:44.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:46pm
Booked Dublin - Bratislava on morning of the match at weekend for €25. Have flight back home from Vienna booked saturday morning (hopefully for a home final) for €33

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:50am
Don’t gamble but took the risk on Friday after the Slovakia result vs Croatia that we most likely would be heading to Bratislava. Got the flight on the day of the match and return next day for €55. Not counting my chickens though until it’s officially announced and I only have 5 of the last 10 always so a ticket might be a problem.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Don’t gamble but took the risk on Friday after the Slovakia result vs Croatia that we most likely would be heading to Bratislava. Got the flight on the day of the match and return next day for €55. Not counting my chickens though until it’s officially announced and I only have 5 of the last 10 always so a ticket might be a problem.

Did the same. Hopefully we get10% of tickets and that should mean just over 2000. Can’t see too many more than that travelling
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Did the same. Hopefully we get10% of tickets and that should mean just over 2000. Can’t see too many more than that travelling

You'd be surprised. They only have to give us 5% so fingers crossed for 10, but most passing fans see this as a playoff and basically dont understand its 1 game to lead on to another game. Therefore a bit of a bandwagon booking it up.
Given it's a thursday and a few days off work that'll knock a few off it alright

Edited by wanderer - 20 Nov 2019 at 7:31am
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

2000 I suppose with a potential final to be played after Slovakia maybe the numbers will only be around 2000 travelling. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:51am
Slightly off topic but the north charged Dutch fans €60 the other night afaik.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
On the tuesday night flight to Budapest for 65 euro. Night on the beer in Buda, then a train to Bratislava. Only about 2 hours 45 and costs something like 15-20 euro if i remember correctly
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Ireland Super Fan #1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland Super Fan #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:09pm
We took a chance on the fixtures too...
booked the flight direct from Dublin to Bratislava on Tuesday, back on the Friday.
Accommodation booked in the old town.

Anyone else on the same roster?
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:50pm
Hotel prices in Bratislava pretty decent. Got 3-star in city centre with breakfast and free cancellation for Tue-Fri for £143. Fair few cheaper online if you want to stay wee bit further out. Worry about travel later.

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 20 Nov 2019 at 2:50pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
  Share Topic