You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 139>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

If Lobotka is out, that would be a huge bit of luck for us. Fingers crossed.

Good shout.  He allows the likes of Hamsik to shine.  
Sponsored Links

DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:25pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:54pm
Is the team leaving today or tomorrow
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Don't wish Injury on anyone but think Harry Arter is not up for the challenge and should be replaced

So you just don’t want him in the squad? Who would you bring in?

Jason Knight.

Still a bit too soon for Knight I think. This time next year he could well be in there at his rate of development. Better to leave him with the under 21s where he will be an important player than take him to Slovakia where he won't play. Similar situation to Dara O'Shea.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Still a bit too soon for Knight I think. This time next year he could well be in there at his rate of development. Better to leave him with the under 21s where he will be an important player than take him to Slovakia where he won't play. Similar situation to Dara O'Shea.

I agree.
I'd not like to take Knight out of the 21's just to sit on the bench.
But soon enough he'll be in the seniors on merit I feel.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 6:37pm

Is the team leaving today or tomorrow

Tomorrow.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 6:43pm
If it was up to me then Josh Cullen should be called in if Arter pulls out of the squad. It is not going to make a huge difference to the team at the end of the day in any case.
The only way is up
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm
Randolph
Doherty Egan Duffy Stevens
Molumby McCarthy Browne
McGoldrick
Robinson Connolly 

4-3-1-2. Doherty and Stevens allowed to go forward. Defensive midfield (instead of Hendrick and Hourihane) because we are away from home in a one off knock out match. McGoldrick to pretty much play as a false 9. 

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 05 Oct 2020 at 9:57pm
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

If it was up to me then Josh Cullen should be called in if Arter pulls out of the squad. It is not going to make a huge difference to the team at the end of the day in any case.

Definitely. I've been impressed by him. 

I get the feeling Kenny doesn't take to him though. I don't think he's had any mentions from Kenny afaik but in Kenny's defence he hasn't played much in the last while either which is obviously a factor. 

As I said before on another thread, I hope Kenny is asked about Cullen in one of the press conferences so we can see where Cullen stands with him. 

Anderlecht is a good move but a pity they're not playing in the champions league or europa league this year.   
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:06pm
What's wrong with the Artful Dodger?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

We heard all this in March though, that last season wouldn't be finished, Champions League would never be played etc....so hard to know

Lots of panic attacks and dramatic reactions and tabloid like headlines happened LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He will be getting a test from his club yesterday. And we'll find out tomorrow. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

A test?  General knowledge?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:25pm

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

A test?  General knowledge?

Multiple choice. Or an x-ray. Or something in between. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
feck it anyway was looking forward to watching it in the pub, guess its cans at home for it 

The country needs something to lift morale and hope to feck we get it Thursday 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:36pm

feck it anyway was looking forward to watching it in the pub, guess its cans at home for it 

The country needs something to lift morale and hope to feck we get it Thursday 

Duffy header. He is in good form with his head. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Two withdrawals for Slovakia

Duris most likely a starter so that's a loss for them. 

Satka used to play for Newcastle surprised to see him at this level now tbh. 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 10:03am
very flat on here at the moment, unusually subdued for two days before a playoff.

It’s still part of the same campaign where we followed Mick’s team with the usual interest, but it feels different now. It’s possibly down to how poor we have been, and the fact that we face having to win two away games against better sides to qualify.

Also down to the quick turnaround from prem/championship weekend action to the playoff. No buildup really, just light training session yesterday and limited news reported on it, and suddenly the team are off to Slovakia today.

The excitement/interest may pick up today.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 139>
  Share Topic